Arrested Development

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ThornCity503

Rest In Peace
May 19, 2008
One of the best series ever. I was so mad it got canceled and cony shows like Maury Povich continue to air year after year. Just shows how fuckin stupid we Americans are.

Apr 25, 2002
One of the top 5 shows on television when it was canceled, it's a shame. I watch the first three seasons on DVD all the time. Hopefully the movie gets made soon.

Apr 25, 2002
you gotta have a certain sense of humor to find that show funny, i always thought it was ok but not as good as some people make it out 2 be
For sure, the humor on this show is very dry. The characters on the show are crazy and the storyline was usually always good. All I know is Ron Howard and Brian Grazer don't normally co-sign garbage.

Feb 14, 2006
I loved the show. There was talk of a movie for a long time, and now its official. Original cast and original writers from the show are on it. People were pissed cuz Michael Cera was the only one saying he wanted no part in it, but i think he was fuckin with the fans.
Comes out next year.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0901469/

Apr 25, 2002
Even though most white people prefer to say that they don’t watch television, one thing they agree on is that Arrested Development was the best show on TV. They love it so much!

The love it for a number of reasons. Firstly, since the show was cancelled before it jumped the shark, it’s effectively like a rocker that dies at 27. Also, the show got terrible ratings, meaning that it wasn’t ‘mainstream,’ which makes white people love it unilaterally. Other examples of shows like this are Twin Peaks and The Ben Stiller Show.

They also love it because there are a few references to white popular culture, and if there is one thing that white people love, it’s cultural references that they understand (see Garden State, The Onion, and Juno for examples).

If you are ever a white person’s house, and you see an orange box in their DVD collection, you should say “oh, you have Arrested Development, I love that show!” To which you will be offered a glass of wine, and perhaps an invitation to 80s night.

Also of note: the hip hop group Arrested Development is also loved by white people.

Feb 9, 2003
It's actually a very smart and well written show. I caught an episode on HULU to see what all the hype was about. And the show doesn't disappoint.

I wouldn't say it's smart humor but it's a definitely a bit more than the usual blasse crap that Fox is known for showing. If anything I'd say it's more plot, and even more importantly, character driven. Every consequence of every action performed by any one character can trickle through numerous episodes leading to a single joke down the line that you won't get unless you paid attention but if you did, the pay off is really great.

I recommend. Watch 2 or 3 episodes on HULU and tell me I'm lying.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Even though most white people prefer to say that they don’t watch television, one thing they agree on is that Arrested Development was the best show on TV. They love it so much!

The love it for a number of reasons. Firstly, since the show was cancelled before it jumped the shark, it’s effectively like a rocker that dies at 27. Also, the show got terrible ratings, meaning that it wasn’t ‘mainstream,’ which makes white people love it unilaterally. Other examples of shows like this are Twin Peaks and The Ben Stiller Show.

They also love it because there are a few references to white popular culture, and if there is one thing that white people love, it’s cultural references that they understand (see Garden State, The Onion, and Juno for examples).

If you are ever a white person’s house, and you see an orange box in their DVD collection, you should say “oh, you have Arrested Development, I love that show!” To which you will be offered a glass of wine, and perhaps an invitation to 80s night.

Also of note: the hip hop group Arrested Development is also loved by white people.
Twin Peaks pwns.

-edit-

The show did, the movie was fucking awful.

Toro

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2006
www.myspace.com
Got the whole series set, very very good show. Like I said before it's very unique in a Seinfeld kind of way were the story lines are separate but eventually they all string together.