anyone play slowpitch softball?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
shit is harder than it looks .. i remember we played a game in lil league parents against players (12-13 yr old) and we got smashed by all the beer guzzling dads on the team that played in leagues and shit too.. but it is fun for reasons u posted above.. i have yet to see a dry game played in my life

Aug 5, 2002
just wondering... i play and its fun as fuck! nothing better than cold beer, hot chicks and dropping 400+ft bombs at the yard!
yes sir....

Basically a good excuse to get the fuck outta the house, smack some shit around (other than your bia) and pound some crisp cold and golden. Go back to the bar afterwards, eat some free foood and chill. Bar leauges are the shit in MN.

May 2, 2002
I play.. its a good time. I play in men and women league though so half the team has to be girls.. which sucks cuz they cant play for shit.

I been playing baseball my whole life and I find softball much easier. I just dont like some of the rules. And I don't like playing with broads who cant catch/hit.

SLICC RICC

Encapuchado
Jan 4, 2005
just wondering... i play and its fun as fuck! nothing better than cold beer, hot chicks and dropping 400+ft bombs at the yard!
ACTUAL BASEBALL GETTIN TOO FAST FOR YOUR OLD ASS BONES, HUH??? OR MAYBE ITS CUS YOU SUCK, JUST LIKE THE GIANTS... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Apr 25, 2002
yes sir....

Basically a good excuse to get the fuck outta the house, smack some shit around (other than your bia) and pound some crisp cold and golden. Go back to the bar afterwards, eat some free foood and chill. Bar leauges are the shit in MN.
I don't know anything about softball, personally I'd never play it myself but I can understand how it would appeal to people and am glad they enjoy it.

What I do know is that the amateur baseball scene in Minnesota is really outstanding. I played in the Park National League for 2 years on a squad called the Minneapolis Lakers, we played our home games at Parade Stadium near downtown MPLS, and then after the game the culture sounds very similar to what you described, beers in the parking lot, to the bar for cheap food, etc. Summer in Minnesota is pretty awesome.

Aug 5, 2002
I don't know anything about softball, personally I'd never play it myself but I can understand how it would appeal to people and am glad they enjoy it.

What I do know is that the amateur baseball scene in Minnesota is really outstanding. I played in the Park National League for 2 years on a squad called the Minneapolis Lakers, we played our home games at Parade Stadium near downtown MPLS, and then after the game the culture sounds very similar to what you described, beers in the parking lot, to the bar for cheap food, etc. Summer in Minnesota is pretty awesome.
No time like summertime in the Minneap!!!!!!!

Jan 2, 2004
I play in a coed league around here. It's fun as hell. Our girls are actually good, though, but us and another coed team from last year, who were the best two teams in that league combined and we joined a more serious league. But we haven't meshed well together yet as the girls on our team don't really like a lot of the guys that were from the other team....

But its fun as hell. We got a bye week for whatever reason this week, so we are going to have a picnic and shit on Saturday. The bitches on teh team are cool as fuck to party with so it should be fun.

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
ACTUAL BASEBALL GETTIN TOO FAST FOR YOUR OLD ASS BONES, HUH??? OR MAYBE ITS CUS YOU SUCK, JUST LIKE THE GIANTS... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
slick rick dont you have a thread to protect in east co co bro? this is a thread about competitive recreation. not mo hawks and e threats. and yes im old. and its dope to travel around the country on other peoples money to play ball and drink beer!

no one can hate on adult slow pitch softball! its the middle class mans heaven!

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
I played 16 inch softball the past couple summers, but I fucked up my knee really bad last year from sliding late and I haven't bothered trying to get on a team this year, yet. And since no one outside of the midwest ever knows what 16 inch is
In Chicago, where softball was invented, it remains traditional to play with a ball 16 inches in circumference. This larger ball is generally softer (sometimes called a mush ball). When using a 16-inch ball, the fielders do not wear gloves or mitts.

Apr 25, 2002
I was looking for a place to play either slow pitch softball or regular baseball but couldn't really find anything.

Do we have enough people on this board to get a game together?

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
I played 16 inch softball the past couple summers, but I fucked up my knee really bad last year from sliding late and I haven't bothered trying to get on a team this year, yet. And since no one outside of the midwest ever knows what 16 inch is
i have a chicago ball in my bag. we take bp with them before games at tournaments. the dont go as far and if you have like 5-6 of em, you can get some good swings in before a game.