Another Oscar Grant thread...Riots after verdict

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
LMAO .. DUDE IM SORRY TO SAY BUT THE WORLD IS FUCKED UP & IF U THINK SUM PEOPLE ARENT GONNA OVER RE-ACT AND TAKE OUT THEYRE FEELINS ON STUFF THEN WELCOME TO REALITY ..
okay... you're not proving your point here man...

I never said I didn't think it was gonna happen, it happened before... so of course it will happen again. but does that justify doing it??

women get raped all the time because the world is a fucked up place... so that justifies me going out and raping someone?

shit... people killed all the time because the world is a fucked up place... that doesn't justify that cop killing Oscar Grant though...

we're not debating about whether or not it's gonna happen, we're debating on whether or not the actions are justifiable... and you have yet to prove me that destroying innocent people's property is the right thing to do

completely different arguments, breh

Aug 5, 2009
Rest in peace my bruh Oscar Grant. He didn't deserve to die like that.
no question, those jurors better do the right fucking thing and serve justice to that piece of shit, stupid punk and if they don't i know 'my' people will get justice for oscar, rip to that brother, rip to oscar grant

Rusto

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2002
Get justice for oscar grant by getting an education and becoming successful, not by rioting.
Then you could sue the cop for wrongful death and make some money

Rioting will just reinforce some peoples negative stereotypes about black people.

Aug 5, 2009
Get justice for oscar grant by getting an education and becoming successful, not by rioting.

Rioting will just reinforce some peoples negative stereotypes about black people.
i don't care about peoples perceptions of me, other than my famo and thats it, i was raised to mind my own bizness and stand on my own two feet and don't worry about the next mans opinons of shit, you see what i'm saying, thats the way i came up

but i do care about the opinon's of the wider public thats on a level, when it comes to the perception of my people, propaganda has been used to hold us down for centuries to give us a inferioty complex, so i do care about that shit

but not when it comes to human being life thats getting taken away daily by oppressors that represent the same system thats been holding my people down for centuries, you see what i'm saying, 'every' human being life is equal and deserves the right to live, regardless of colour, creed, nationality and race and until the system overstands this and starts treating human beings of colour as equals to every other human being, this is the type of justice that the system needs and overstands everytime they let atrocity's like this happen and get away wit it, human life is too precious for me to worry about middle class and upwards bougie squares whose lives are sheltered from the real world that my people have to go through in endz(hood, area and so on and so on) worldwide, when it comes to police brutality and the way to deal wit it, i couldn't give a shit about some squares perceptions in the middle of no where or wherever, thats the way i see it, true story

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005

^ exactly

although we've come along way in breaking down racial barriers in this country... racism still exists... rioting and destroying businesses will simply increase negative stereotypes and will also increase the tension between minorities in Oakland and the police department, which will increase the chances of a situation similar to Oscar Grant's occurring again... cause another riot... shit... could be a never ending cycle

Aug 5, 2009
^ exactly

although we've come along way in breaking down racial barriers in this country... racism still exists... rioting and destroying businesses will simply increase negative stereotypes and will also increase the tension between minorities in Oakland and the police department, which will increase the chances of a situation similar to Oscar Grant's occurring again... cause another riot... shit... could be a never ending cycle
why dosen't this type of thing happen in the hamptons in long island, ny or in hollywood or in other affluent neighbourhoods across the place, why is it always in the hood, 24-7 and 95% of the time, someone of colour at the receiving end of this police brutality

if some bougie square has an hidden agenda about certain people and police brutality and our response to it is there excuse to express there true feelings about my people, then i couldn't give a shit about there perception's and stereotypes, when it comes to this type of stuff i only give a shit about oscar grant and the police learning to respect my people as human beings by any means necessary, its not a negotiation, human being life is too important for that shit and if it takes a riot or a rebellion against police brutality to get our point across then so be it, human being life comes first, not some undercover racist bougie square's perceptions

May 8, 2008
I remember the "riot" that happened when all this initially started. The problem with rioting is that it accomplishes nothing. We burn down OUR OWN city, OUR OWN establishments, OUR OWN neighborhoods. For what? What do we gain? There were young kids caught on camera stomping on cars yelling "DEEP EAST OAKLAND" in the last riot. Them lil niggas probably didn't even know why they were there. People use unfortunate situations like this as an opportunity to act a fool.

Az-iz

Sicc OG
Apr 21, 2006
Damn imagine if the people would have done some holding hands and sitting shit to the English. This wouldn't be a fucking country right now! Let's picket! What the fuck is that going to do? Don't destroy your neighborhood, businesses you don't own. Worthless real estate. People are tired of seeing their sons laid out, their brains blown out, or taken to jail with football numbers for racially motivated sentences by pigs, enforeced by juries of their "peers".
I'm going to trust that the jury does the right thing. If not the people may rise. Not only angry blacks but whites pissed the fuck off their unemployment checks were stopped without notice while congress takes a week vacation. There is gasoline spilled all over this bitch and if injustice is done in the Oscar Grant case that might be the match.

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
Nothin like stickin it to the little man (aka mom n pop business owners who have NOTHING TO DO with the case) to get a free pair of Nikes..umm...I mean to support the family of Oscar Grant.

Try and justify it all you want....Tearing your own neighborhood up and destroying innocent peoples livelihoods is utterly retarded.

Az-iz

Sicc OG
Apr 21, 2006
Last time I was in Oakland that shit was bleak. Community businesses are rarely touched unless your charging the people $6 for a gallon of milk. Then you get fucked off. The douche bags who cry on tv when their store is torn apart but everyone knows you sell glass pipes behind the counter.

Az-iz

Sicc OG
Apr 21, 2006
Pedegogy of the oppressed. Never let another man dictate to your people how to fight oppression. Even ghandi had an agenda.

Arson

Long live the KING!!!!
May 7, 2002
Nothin like stickin it to the little man (aka mom n pop business owners who have NOTHING TO DO with the case) to get a free pair of Nikes..umm...I mean to support the family of Oscar Grant.

Try and justify it all you want....Tearing your own neighborhood up and destroying innocent peoples livelihoods is utterly retarded.
Exactly,

less of this......

More of this.....

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
I'm sorry but any of you fucks that praise these riots are fucking dorks and none of you will probably even step foot into the streets to take part. Teach your young ones not fulfill the stereotypes by acting civil and not like fucking idiots. Riots don't prove anything but how much of a piece of trash you are to the rest of the world. Nothing funnier than watching minorities dancing on top of cars in the name of a kid that got shot.

Az-iz

Sicc OG
Apr 21, 2006
You guys have a wonderful 4th of July. I'm banking on the jury doing the right thing. Verdict should be in Tuesday or Wed. Technology has increased the chances of catching police brutality and murders. The justice system has to do it's part. If not...........