Another Oscar Grant thread...Riots after verdict

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
You guys don't know the full extent of the LA riots, black businesses were largely untouched but Koreans and others that didn't live in the hood, and were apart of groups that had members oppressing the hood got they shit ran and burned to the ground, and franchises too. The LA riots wasn't just because of Rodney King, it was Latasha Harlin that got killed by the store owner, and all the blacks and mexicans shot the fuck down by popo, and houses crashed in by CRASH and Daryl Gates.Yeah there were fools gangbangin and acting a fool, but just like u'll say well there's good pigs, well there's bad rioters lol. That was some real shit.
finally somebody speakin real shit ... end of story

and besides when they had a riot in oakland last year it was mainly downtown oakland .. not east oakland where alot of blacks live

Feb 7, 2006
you need a mass peaceful gathering and the police beating on your ass then something can get done. People say oh that's nice to peaceful things, people are outraged at violent things. CIvil rights movement activists were peaceful but the police and southern racists weren't and that showed the true nature of the racism and vitriol in this country prompting the normally apathetic/unaffected person to wanna change things. Basically, humans react to violence especially when it affects them.

Nov 24, 2003
IMO The Rodney King Riots changed the system.

A candle light vigil would not have had the same effect.

We still talk about the riots almost 20 years later, and that in and of itself has an impact on our social construct and our collective psyche whether we realize it does or not.

I don't believe we would still talk about or even remember a candle light vigil from 20 years ago.

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
no one said vigil tho.. those are usually sad and quite Im talking bout rallying people up and getting others to talk together and get sum shit started.

but i know sum wanna just destroy shit.

the only thing that would do is have other go " see they still aint civilized why should we help them? why should we care? look how much they care". they cant even live in peace amongst themselves. act like animals get treated like animals. there will be people sent there to provoke the negativity out of people but the devil is always gonna be there.

really not seeing how a riot will do anything how much better is LA now after the riots?

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Again, i love that a cop can do whatever he wants and nothing happens. Yet the people with nothing to lose and no excuses to be made have to explain their actions. You poke an animal in a cage with a stick enough times and u best believe they'll break outta that cage and fuck u up eventually.

Yeah everybody "believes" he didnt mean to kill him, but i didnt mean to smoke my entire eighth yesterday, am i gonna get another one for free??? No, doesnt work like that, and it shouldnt for this pig.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
finally somebody speakin real shit ... end of story

and besides when they had a riot in oakland last year it was mainly downtown oakland .. not east oakland where alot of blacks live
yeah, because all the non-black people who live/work/and own businesses in Oakland were responsible for Oscar Grant's death... it's okay to destroy their businesses:ermm:

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
no riots. that shit is dumb. sucks if out of towners go just to riot, too. the community suffers.

yeah, because all the non-black people who live/work/and own businesses in Oakland were responsible for Oscar Grant's death... it's okay to destroy their businesses:ermm:
why nobody says anything when differnt countries do this, but its a problem when the black community does it? GTFOH i wonder if anybody saw wat the people were doin a couple weeks ago over the G20 summit they were burnin & breakin shit & it was over a innocent man gettin killed.

"We might fight amongst each other, but I promise you this
We'll burn this bitch down, get us pissed" - 2pac

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
why nobody says anything when differnt countries do this, but its a problem when the black community does it? GTFOH i wonder if anybody saw wat the people were doin a couple weeks ago over the G20 summit they were burnin & breakin shit & it was over a innocent man gettin killed.

"We might fight amongst each other, but I promise you this
We'll burn this bitch down, get us pissed" - 2pac
I never said it's good when ANYONE does it

white, black, brown... I don't give a fuck

what if your family owned a business, that they've dedicated their whole life to... and it was burned to the ground because some people were rioting...

how would you feel about it????

Jan 7, 2004
I talking lets get peoplel from san francisco,richmond,san jose,vallejo, all around the bay . get rappers/singers/poets to do free shows at these places talking peace and community. Show these govement officials what we as a people WANT and DESERVE! But we have to show them that IT IS WHAT THE PEOPLE WANT BY ACTING ACCORDINGLY.
The thing is that a lot of these bay rappers are idolized by quite a few in the bay and if they were to really speak out a lot would listen. I agree no matter what there will always be some wild ones but ya know.

what if your family owned a business, that they've dedicated their whole life to... and it was burned to the ground because some people were rioting...

This is what seems to be missing from a lot of people, I agree, quite a few of these businesses could be counting on them to keep their houses, feed their children and what did they do to have their lives torn apart.

I mean really take a step back and imagine your family owning a business for 10+ years putting all their time and effort just to stay afloat in these days and then a verdict comes that you may also disagree with but you end up losing your place, which can lead to losing your house and so on. How is that fair to those people in any way shape or form?

I mean I am all for radical behavior if it needs to be but make sure it is aimed in the right direction.

id be pissed to but its also called insurance .. theres sum things in life that jus happen ... a earthquake can tear my house down, should i be mad at mother nature. bascailly wat im sayin is shit happpens .. aint nuthin promised in life except bills & death

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
id be pissed to but its also called insurance .. theres sum things in life that jus happen ... a earthquake can tear my house down, should i be mad at mother nature. bascailly wat im sayin is shit happpens .. aint nuthin promised in life except bills & death
lol, WOW... you gotta kidding me, right?

insurance is gonna make everything ok??

even if the insurance proceeds actually cover all the costs of the damage... (which isn't guaranteed) they still have to spend time reinvesting in merchandise, repairs, etc...

and time is money... do you understand how business works?

what if they have to shut down their business while things are replaced and repaired... it could be days or weeks without revenue...

that's absolutely terrible logic...and I'm shocked that people can actually attempt to justify it

and lol @ comparing individuals purposely destroying other people's property to natural disasters... ridiculous

lol, WOW... you gotta kidding me, right?

insurance is gonna make everything ok??

even if the insurance proceeds actually cover all the costs of the damage... (which isn't guaranteed) they still have to spend time reinvesting in merchandise, repairs, etc...

and time is money... do you understand how business works?

what if they have to shut down their business while things are replaced and repaired... it could be days or weeks without revenue...

that's absolutely terrible logic...and I'm shocked that people can actually attempt to justify it

and lol @ comparing individuals purposely destroying other people's property to natural disasters... ridiculous
LMAO .. DUDE IM SORRY TO SAY BUT THE WORLD IS FUCKED UP & IF U THINK SUM PEOPLE ARENT GONNA OVER RE-ACT AND TAKE OUT THEYRE FEELINS ON STUFF THEN WELCOME TO REALITY ..