Android phone discussion

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 23, 2009
Idk i watched a video on the google voice thing but dont quit remember cause i was drunk but. Sumthin bout if uadd thenumber that google voice calls out , to ur five unlimited callers list u can make unlimited calls on ur verizon witout it usin up ur minutes
You've got the idea. Download GV dialer, this app will call your Google Voice number which is free if you put it in your Fave 5 or whatever its called.....then from the app (GV Dialer) you dial the number you want, it will call your GV number and that will forward your call to whoever. So as far as Verizon sees it, you're calling one of your Fave 5 people = free outbound calls.

kon/AOV

🔫☠️🎃VALLEJO VET🎃🔫☠️
Aug 20, 2006
EAST VALLEJO 707
www.facebook.com
Damn ima have to add that fave5 to my plan, woner how much it cost. Idk i want flash n all that but idk bout chancin break my shit. W the flash can u hear music on myspace? Does it break the warranty like it would jailbreakin a iphone? Y do they have google voice n google talk but dont make it work w txtin? Itd b clean if i could jus talk my txt insteada typin it. Or talk comments n emails n all that shit. Or can u n idk??

Oct 23, 2009
Damn ima have to add that fave5 to my plan, woner how much it cost. Idk i want flash n all that but idk bout chancin break my shit. W the flash can u hear music on myspace? Does it break the warranty like it would jailbreakin a iphone? Y do they have google voice n google talk but dont make it work w txtin? Itd b clean if i could jus talk my txt insteada typin it. Or talk comments n emails n all that shit. Or can u n idk??
Android 2.1 will have text to speech for emails and txt's which they showed with the Nexus 1. The Fav5/Friends and Family is available based on your voice plan I believe...you might want to login to your account and it should show you if you qualify. Flash is not part of 2.1 but will be a separate update that is scheduled to come in the first quarter of 2010.
Rooting your Android phone does void your warranty if you get caught...worst case scenario, you just put the original version back on if it messes up before returning it or whatever. Google Voice does let you text and uses your Data plan instead of your actual txt messages.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/blog/android/nexus-one-speech-to-text

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/friendsandfamily.jsp

Aug 9, 2002
Just copped the tmobile cliq Saturday. Best decision I made as far as phones! At tmobile they chargin $199 but I went to walmart and it was $98. Total $107 n some change!

Dec 4, 2006
if you get the HTC Hero for sprint....you can auto-root it using the pre-kitchen

and don't forget to download the patch for pre-kitchen 0.2 as well to fix a bug..

Jul 4, 2009
I lookedd for droid live light but couldnt find it how do they spell it exactly? N i cant find a actual date for 2.0 every1 says sumthin diff im tryna decide on rooting or not based on how long i gotta wait for the update
Ive answered this question before in this thread, basically anytime between now and April.. Im playing with the Source as of right now and as long as the source code is out for us developers the update will come shortly
which droid you got?
There's more than one Motorola droid?

Apr 25, 2002
any yall know if the motorolla droid for verizon has gps enabled already for 3rd party apps? verizon has been shady enabling it on the older phones unless you subscribed to verizons gps service. i'm bout to get one in a month when my new every 2 is up, wanted to see if i'm gon be able to use a golf gps, my cuzzo got a clean one for the iphone, that shit don't work on the blackberry unless you get that vz navigator service. can yall use any other 3rd party gps without subscribing to that vz navigator?

Oct 23, 2009
any yall know if the motorolla droid for verizon has gps enabled already for 3rd party apps? verizon has been shady enabling it on the older phones unless you subscribed to verizons gps service. i'm bout to get one in a month when my new every 2 is up, wanted to see if i'm gon be able to use a golf gps, my cuzzo got a clean one for the iphone, that shit don't work on the blackberry unless you get that vz navigator service. can yall use any other 3rd party gps without subscribing to that vz navigator?
The Droid does have the GPS enabled for third party apps. Don't need VZ Navigator. I mostly use Google Maps & Navigation but it does work well with other apps that I fucked with for a minute.

Dec 4, 2006
Might get a new phone next week. Sprint or Verizon...recommend something raw. Thanks
either get the HTC Hero with Sprint or The Nexus one..

So i got rid of Fresh 1.1. ROM last night and slapped TTG v0.1.6 ROM....it's running pretty smooth and I like the fact that it has kernel in it...