Android phone discussion

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

kon/AOV

🔫☠️🎃VALLEJO VET🎃🔫☠️
Aug 20, 2006
EAST VALLEJO 707
www.facebook.com
Can sumone please explain what rooting is the pros n cons n how its done? I have the droid eris n been usin it to post on here. Shuts dope hella fast n great picture n. color o love it. I used to use a iPhone n I'm thinkin I like this better

Jul 4, 2009
Too lazy to check if its been posted, but whens the update droppin?
The SDK has just been released, there are some versions of that ROM floating around xda developers.. give it a couple months until the offical update comes to the phones they were saying the first quarter of 2010 itll be on every device that will support it..its only midway through the first quarter..
Can sumone please explain what rooting is the pros n cons n how its done? I have the droid eris n been usin it to post on here. Shuts dope hella fast n great picture n. color o love it. I used to use a iPhone n I'm thinkin I like this better
As of right now you cannot Root the Eris the kernel hasnt been made available to the developers and HTC in the process of working through legal shit to make it avilable http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=609189&page=17

kon/AOV

🔫☠️🎃VALLEJO VET🎃🔫☠️
Aug 20, 2006
EAST VALLEJO 707
www.facebook.com
supposedly theres a way to use google voice on the droid n make unlimited outgoing call so it wont waste ur minutes, im lookin into that shit right now. ey theres a google talk app on my phone, can u use that for txting n shit like that so u dont gotta type everything?

Jul 4, 2009
Ok well next q. What exactly is tethering?
basically the pros on rooting your android phone is your able to run commands to make the phone Reboot, turn off, delete unnessecary programs that came with the phone. Install different roms with different themes, Install new themes as well. more importantly you can get software that isnt out yet (E.G 2.1 with the flash upgrade and new features). Basically the only bad thing is you can brick your phone and sometimes you cant get your phone to work ever again if you dont do each step correctly. Ill poast more in depth with bricking the phone if you want when I get off work tonight

kon/AOV

🔫☠️🎃VALLEJO VET🎃🔫☠️
Aug 20, 2006
EAST VALLEJO 707
www.facebook.com
Idk i watched a video on the google voice thing but dont quit remember cause i was drunk but. Sumthin bout if uadd thenumber that google voice calls out , to ur five unlimited callers list u can make unlimited calls on ur verizon witout it usin up ur minutes