A QUESTION NO ONE WANTS TO ANSWER....WHATS THE SEATTLE SOUND?AS FAR AS HIP HOP GO'S.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 29, 2008
shit, NW has been dope. I know at one time Jus Family has a live band, R n B group and what not.

shit.. I remember LA Stone from East Side Tacoma (shout out to my homies from the East). Anyone remember County Bound by "GCP" (Gangsta's Claiming Peace), K Swiss (which I never bumped), Infinite (more hip hop) DMS, Mobb Related.. I can even go deeper. I had had a homey named Mal Saint from Folks, was one of the dopest MC's I've heard. Cooley Roc aka Hypnotic also from BGD. Even the homey Shao sosa. Even the old Bullet shit when he first came out was dope. Twomp O Six, Sarkastik, Battle Loc. Funk Daddy and Littleton Beats... FTS... shit was dope...

I'm feeling that Jake One though. Grynch is dope.

its just fukd up that the NW aint blow up.

The sound is very diverse.. but alot of places are now. Its because people feel different type of muzik. NW was heavy with Gang Violence back in the dayz (90's) so people that put muzik out were from those areas... cant hate on that.

I even fuck with Optimus Rhyme.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Rap is the music (Rhythm & Poetry), Hip Hop is the culture (Break Dancing, Graphitti, DJing). Period.
You forgot the 4th element of hip-hop which is Emceeing. A big part of it. Emceeing, is making music. :)

Obviously we could all go on for days (already have, lol) debating what "rap" is and what "hip-hop" is, or isn't.

There's never going to be one general consensus that everyone agrees on.

And in all reality, like someone else said, it's society, media, and even artists and labels that define "rap" or "hip hop"....Cause it's different to everyone. And I don't really think that there is one definitive answer about this. But that's just me.