21 GUN SALUTE IS A KNOCKER!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

AOD

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
I don't know if they got 21 Gun Salute at FYE. I'm bak in CO and I won't be in NY again til August 3rd i'll chek then and let you know. . .

poet

Sicc OG
May 26, 2002
I am sorry that this is a week coming; lately I have been having difficulty even getting to the reviews for my writer’s workshop, but alas, without further ado:

This goes out to the homie Loki, “from the bottom of my heart”.

This album is definitely more along the lines of chalkline-honest than your freshman album. Even your voice contains more confidence, and the lyrics are more conscious, no doubt.

As far as Siccmade goes, it is a label that continues to distinguish itself via its artists as having very distinct sounds. In a game that is (usually) a copy of a copy of a copy, Siccmade albums generally have very different themes and feels and spits and beats and everything else. This album is a perfect example of such originality. In my opinion, it is a grabber all the way through.

The Artwork—

Siccmade has never been known for its covers, or at least in a positive light (the exception being ITWCT, which had a tight cover). As for your jewel, I like the in media res. of the artwork. I love the back cover, the bleeding holes from ripped-out wings signifying your mortality. Bullet casings falling from your fingers, the strempth of your very own sense of self preservation falling where they fall. You with no worries. Just walking to your block. A self-made mortal. Tight.

The point is that I liked the idea of your own artwork on your ish; it brings more personality to something that is personal.

As far as the album goes, I’ve been holding that pitbull by the scruff of its neck each day; it’s been in rotation every day. Twice today, for that matter.

The first time I listened to it, I thought The first track is tight. The second is so tight that it swallows your verse on Get High, Get Drunk. The third, too.

Etc.

They are all tight, with my absolute favorite being Once Again. But that is probably the love of writing coming across in me as I hear the track. Very tight.

If you are looking for a new author to peep, there is a cat named Will Christopher Baer that is probably the best-skilled writer in contemporary fiction. He has two noir novels currently out: Kiss Me, Judas and Penny Dreadful. His third is due out in September, tentatively titled Hell’s Half Acre. His writing is definitely dark, but it is also very, very good writing. And your track twelve reminds me of his work.

All in all, you put a lot of depth and feel into this album. You should definitely be proud of it. You know that Ima street team for it via word of mouth and the net; I definitely back it. Especially this year, this year of buying albums that I listen to three times and then shelve as a memento of wasted skrilla. The new Spice 1 LP is decent, but not worth listening to very often. The JadaKiss album is just an album, a copy of a copy of a copy. I mean, I could go on. The only album I have been able to listen to continually this year, thus far that is, is the D12 World album (Swifty is fucking tight). And now your album.

I’ll hit up with a link in the next couple of days when I jot a review for Amazon.

And as the French say, That’s my mother-fucking word!

1​

Kabol—

AOD

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Right now i'm in Commerce City and I know stores all over the metro area carry siccmade. If I remember correct we had Illegitimati before a lot of places in Sac. . .

Apr 25, 2002
I HAD JUST WENT TO GET IT AND THE 3 STORES I WENT TO DIDNT HAVE IT.....I GUESS TENNESSEE IS ALWAYS SLOW TO GET SICCMADE STUFF BESIDES LYNCH'S STUFF...I NEVER DID SEE LOKIS FIRST ONE SOLD HERE AT ALL....

Mar 7, 2004
man i still think ur first album is the shit. i find no problem with the production. still to this day one of my fav siccmade albums. ill be getting that shit forsure i dont even need to here any of it i know it will be sicc as hell.

Saint

Sicc OG
Apr 26, 2002
nudeteen1.com
I guess Imma have to play Devil's Advocate here, don't get me wrong, I'm definitely a huge Loki fan, one of the most under-rated MC's out there today, however my first impression of 21 Gun Salute was sub-par... Maybe cuz my anticipation was so high that it dilluted the fact that this in fact is a better album than his debut, but, I am currently of the opinion that the beats on Illegitimatti came tighter, were more complementary to Loki's delivery.

I am aware that this album is supposed to portray a different imagery than most would expect to come from a Siccmade release in order to inject a broad range of styles to come from the label, however I do believe that a label should be a label. Meaning that the consumer should have a certain feel for the product when purchasing it because 1: they know the artist and 2: they know the label (i.e. production) that comes with that product. This is where it gets tricky, because no one wants to buy a cd that sounds like every other cd that came from that particular label or artist, nor would I, but on the same token, I wouldn't even be looking to buy a cd from that artist or label if I wasn't familiar with what they had to offer, hence creating your palatte for which artists peak your interest.

The clincher on this whole topic is this: sometimes there is a great need for a new path. A path that some people aren't quite ready for because of the way they have been trained to get comfortable with a certain sound, and know that any release to come forward will be similar but still hold the artists portrayal. And I must confess, I believe that I am one of those consumers that isn't ready yet, however, I have been witness to this before when The D.E. came with Planet Zero, I liked the album at first, but did not realize how much of a classic the album was until about 6 months to a year later. I have always been a firm believer that album's that grow on you are the classics of this generation of music, and I have no doubt that this Loki project will indeed, grow on me.

May 11, 2002
I ordered mine last week(from Music Biz in Alton)....not in yet. They said Tuesday it would be in. I was also @ Vintage Vinyl in STL (U-City) Friday night and they didnt have it. I was going to pick it up then.

Kon1

Sicc OG
May 17, 2002
Dope CD

Yo Copped Loki's Shit Saturday And Its A Knoccer. Congrats. Loki. Hope To See Yall In Portland Soon.Im Bout To Order D-Dubb.Just Waiting For New Zagg/CO/Lynch Albums Im Sure The Wait Will Be Worth It. Just 1 ? On "It Was The Year Of The Deuce" Lynch Says In His Verse "Im Comin Widescreen Snatchin Out My IV Leave Ya Chest Bubblin And Im On My Own Like Michael Sullivan" Just Wondering If Anyone Could Gimme Sum Info On This Dude Michael Sullivan" Thanks Yall Glad To See Siccmade Releasing Shit.

Apr 25, 2002
i feel that siccmade is not siccmade no more there just another label... i got the album and i thought for sure it would be better that his first but this is just missing that the sound that was made sicc.....so this is the final siccmade cd i will buy...at least i still have my old shit to bump.....

Oct 10, 2003
suspect#1 said:
i feel that siccmade is not siccmade no more there just another label... i got the album and i thought for sure it would be better that his first but this is just missing that the sound that was made sicc.....so this is the final siccmade cd i will buy...at least i still have my old shit to bump.....

WTF dude must have been listening to another Loki then we know