2011 NFL Season

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 12, 2006
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
49ers committed $16 mil in 2011 to Akers, Rogers, Goodwin, Whitner, Edwards, Williams. Raiders committed $16 mil in 2011 to Michael Huff.

Looks Like Baalke Does Have A Plan

Nov 7, 2006
Welcome to the Dark Side, Shaun Ellis

It's official, Shaun Ellis(notes) has signed with the New England Patriots, and fellow fans have more than one good reason to rejoice. First and foremost is the fact that Pats fans have a new excuse to laugh at the Jets' misfortune. For the hated rivals, this must represent an embarrassing loss considering that Ellis made no secret of his desire to stay with the team. Of course, an even better reason for Pats fans to feel good about the reported one-year deal with Ellis is that it means the gaps should finally be closing up on a defensive line in need.
When Bill Belichick and company passed on shoring up the front seven in this year's draft, you couldn't help but be frustrated. The team's lack of a potent pass-rush threat was ignored in favor of…an offensive tackle, a couple of running backs, and Ryan Mallett(notes)? Few fans could have predicted just how things would play out soon after the lockout ended.

First the Pats shocked everyone by taking troublesome Albert Haynesworth(notes) off of the Washington Redskins' hands, who were likely all too happy to see him go. As notorious as Haynesworth's personality might be, the 6-foot-6 335 lb amounted to a significant shot in the arm for the defense. Who would've thought that the Pats would also end up with the guy who was a cornerstone of the Jets' defense for an entire decade?
Once Jets fans overcome the urge to blow chunks over the recent news, they'll no doubt try to downplay just how good Ellis really is. For New England fans, his impact on the Pats' defense couldn't be any clearer.
Ellis racked up 72.5 sacks over the course of 11 years with the Jets. Yes, he hasn't been the threat he was in earlier years, getting 4.5 sacks in 2010, but he remained an undeniably potent threat on the Jets' defensive line last year. Nevertheless, when the Jets offered Ellis the veteran minimum earlier in the month, it seemed like the unrestricted free agent was ripe for the picking for any team willing to make a better offer. Of course, the Pats became that team.
It isn't set in stone just yet, with Ellis undergoing a physical to seal the deal on Sunday night, but the move should be something of a homecoming for the Jets vet. It's worth remembering that he ended up with the Jets in the 2000 draft after the Pats had given up a first-round draft pick. It was the result of a decision by the NFL to give the Pats' first pick that year to the Jets when Belichick bailed on New York's head-coaching job. Belichick came to New England, Ellis was picked 12th overall by the Jets, and the rest is history.
More than a decade later, Belichick is coaching the most intimidating offensive threat in the league. With Haynesworth and now Ellis on the team, the Pats have two players on what was a lackluster D-Line who combine for over 600 lbs and 100 career sacks. Be afraid, Pats haters, be very afraid.
Taurus Londono has lived in Massachusetts for over ten years. He is a longtime fan of the New England Patriots.

Nov 7, 2006
^^^y'all got Ronnie Brown?? thats fucking awesome. i had to watch that guy shit on my team twice every year. his only set back is he's very injury prone but if he doesnt get injured expect him to make noise. great pickup.

May 24, 2006
www.fucku.com
God damn eagles went IN on FA this year....

They just signed Steve smith from NY for a 1 year contract.

He's still hurt from his knee injury n won't be ready by season opener but when hes healthy, he's a REALLY good WR. Eagles have enough WR wit speed n etc. What they needed was a tall athletic WR that can jump up n snag the ball mid air, a big red zone target.

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
God damn eagles went IN on FA this year....

They just signed Steve smith from NY for a 1 year contract.

He's still hurt from his knee injury n won't be ready by season opener but when hes healthy, he's a REALLY good WR. Eagles have enough WR wit speed n etc. What they needed was a tall athletic WR that can jump up n snag the ball mid air, a big red zone target.
yeah, he's not a physical or speedy receiver, but he just runs very crisp routes, and has good hands...

Jan 12, 2006
Eagles WR Jeremy Maclin leaves camp for more tests Read more: http://aol.sportingnew

Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver Jeremy Maclin has reportedly left training camp to see doctors in St. Louis for more tests on an unspecified illness, according to multiple media reports.

Maclin, a third-year pro, has been at camp but has not practiced with the team yet. The Philadelphia Inquirer noted the secrecy concerning the slimmer Maclin has Internet rumors circulating that he could be facing something career-threatening. "Those crazy reports aren't true," Maclin said to the Inquirer.
Jeremy Maclin is reportedly suffering from an undisclosed illness and is seeking doctor's attention in St. Louis this week. (AP Photo)

Eagles coach Andy Reid divulged even less about Maclin’s condition because he said the 23-year-old’s medical tests are still being evaluated. Reid has said he expects Maclin to be ready for the start of the regular season.

In two seasons with the Eagles, Maclin has amassed 1,737 yards and 126 receptions. He has been healthy in that time and missed only one regular season game.

Sources told the Inquirer that Wednesday's acquisition of former Giants receiver Steve Smith had nothing to do with Maclin's condition. Smith, who had offseason knee surgery, agreed to a one-year contract.
Comments

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/sto...clin-leaves-camp-for-more-tests#ixzz1Ultq04dr

May 24, 2006
www.fucku.com
not much has changed with nnamdi, flacco didnt even bother to look his way once. Damn i know it was never a possibility but the 49ers should of went all out for this guy.
I know.... Fuck.... Def one of my fav raider. He was great on the field and off the field as well.

Al gets DOPE corners n then after a few years he just let's em go. Charles Woodson is still one of my all time fav players. HUGE fan since michigan days. Still got his raider jersey n I'll never let that go. I remember buying that shit too when I was like in 5th grade.

Kinda the same situation wit Nnamdi n CW. Al had a chance to keep them but let em both go...

Nnamdi and Woodson CB duo sure as hell coulda been one of if not the BEST cb duo. Too bad we'll never know. Shoulda woulda coulda.

Jan 18, 2008
Rip City
Released just days ago by the Miami Dolphins, linebacker Channing Crowder announced that he's retiring from professional football.

Crowder is 27 years old, and was, as far as I could tell, a pretty capable linebacker. A little on the crazy side, maybe, but not in a way that ever kept anyone from busting heads on the football field. No one gives you a history quiz on Anne Frank before you sack a quarterback. No one needs an assurance that you won't fight an old man and his father.

His crazy has taken a different form this time, though. He's just walking away from the game. From NBC Miami:

"I had opportunities," Crowder told WQAM host Sid Rosenberg. "When I started thinking about retiring and it became an option, that's when I knew I should do it." "I'm retiring. I'm staying at home," he said on-air. "I'm going to keep playing in Miami but I'm not putting a helmet on."

Okie dokie then. Crowder says he doesn't need money and has saved "most of his money," and if he'd rather quit football and spend time with his family than play for anyone but the Dolphins, then why not?

He was slated to make $2.5 million with the Dolphins in 2011 before being let go.

It is unusual, though. Just a few days ago, Crowder took a physical with the Patriots. If he didn't want to play football, I don't know why he'd go up to Foxborough and let himself be poked and prodded by the Pats team doctors. Maybe there's something else at play here. Certainly, some team out there could use him.

During his six seasons with Miami, Crowder racked up 469 tackles (343 solo).

Despite being drafted in just 2005, he says he's done, and since he isn't Brett Favre(notes), I see no reason to doubt him. Enjoy retirement, Channing.

If you're ever feeling nostalgic for some Crowder crazy, the Palm Beach Post put together this list of the greatest all-time Channing Crowder quotes. He walks away from the game as an underrated quote machine.

Link to his memorable quotes: http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/dolphins/most-memorable-quotes-from-former-miami-dolphins-linebacker-1671863.html