**2010-2011 SF Giants off season thread**

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

prodigy91

@jordvnxsf
Mar 20, 2008
SF
You're full of shit, you realize that? Your "simple question " was intended to do one thing and that was to cause an uproar cause just like any other hater out there that's all you can do. Your calling Giants fans on here fags in a smart ass question for admiring Brian Wilson's beard, as if this was the first case. In your point of view then all the people who come up with and laugh at chuck norris and the most interesting beard guy jokes are all faggots then, which im sure you have...

May 6, 2009
You're full of shit, you realize that? Your "simple question " was intended to do one thing and that was to cause an uproar cause just like any other hater out there that's all you can do. Your calling Giants fans on here fags in a smart ass question for admiring Brian Wilson's beard, as if this was the first case. In your point of view then all the people who come up with and laugh at chuck norris and the most interesting beard guy jokes are all faggots then, which im sure you have...
You don't know everything, you realize that? Never jocked Chuck Norris or his beard to be completely honest with you. My initial goal was not to cause this uproar at all either, was just wondering how that shit isn't homo...thats all. All this back and forth really isn't that appealing to me but now, like I said, it's actually becoming lightweight funny and entertaing. So please, carry on lol.

May 6, 2009
ok enough with the MAdre boy posting chapters worth of paragraphs in my thread.... Kill it or become slicc ricc and all other dodger fans..... i.e. deleted and edited......
But the Midget boys are still allowed to post about this shit right? I hope so, this shit was just starting to really make me laugh.

May 6, 2009
whatever helps your heartache from losing the last game of the season.
LMAO. Shiet, no heartache bro. A team with the 2nd lowest payroll in the league took the World Series champs down to the very last game. Not bad, not bad at all. I know you WANT me to be mad about it, but I'm not. Keep on keepin on though.

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
jaysav... We dont wonder into other teams threads just to talk shit.... Matter of fact i havent seen or read a dodger or padre thread in MONTHS. If you want to contribute and talk about giants baseball from an unbiased point of view, then so be it. But just know this is GIANTS baseball we are talking. We dont care about what other teams or fans say... SO im not gonna delete you or ban you... just respect the threads bro... Thats it... Thanks for contributing...

Apr 13, 2007
jaysav... We dont wonder into other teams threads just to talk shit.... Matter of fact i havent seen or read a dodger or padre thread in MONTHS. If you want to contribute and talk about giants baseball from an unbiased point of view, then so be it. But just know this is GIANTS baseball we are talking. We dont care about what other teams or fans say... SO im not gonna delete you or ban you... just respect the threads bro... Thats it... Thanks for contributing...
2X

May 6, 2009
Fa sho. All I made one was one comment/question....didnt come on here bashing the Giants or anything. But.....WORD, son.

Can't say it enough though, I'm pissed the Giants swooped Tejada. If you haven't really seen him play you will gain an appreciation for him this year. The guy plays the game the way it's supposed to be played. I think the Giants payed a bit much for him at this point in his career but who really cares how much money the owners want to fork out, right?

May 6, 2009
Tell him Dutch! lol

I tell ya what "Quick", PM if you would like to discuss this further, this is my last reply to any negativity.....let this thread get back on topic. Cool, "breh".

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
Could you down Tim Lincecum’s usual order at In-N-Out?

We've learned a lot about Tim Lincecum's(notes) diet over the past few years, including that he digs ice cream tacos before starts, doesn't mind downing a can of Dinty Moore beef stew every now and then, and that he's loyal to drinking Red Bull, one of his sponsors.

But it wasn't until the San Francisco Giants pitcher revealed his usual order at In-N-Out that we got a true item to really turn our gastrointestinal systems. Mostly because Tiny Tim — who stood 4-foot-11 and weighed 85 pounds as a high school freshman — takes down an entire day's worth of recommended calories for someone of his size and activity level every time he goes through the drive-thru of the popular West Coast burger chain.

From USA Today:

His traditional fare? Three Double-Doubles. Two fries. A chocolate-strawberry shake. Ketchup please, but hold the lettuce and tomatoes.

"I'm not a big vegetable guy,'' he says.

Let's see, three burgers at 590 calories. Two fries at 395 calories. A shake at 590 calories. The grand total: 3,150 calories.

And to think I felt bad for having my usual order at In-N-Out — double-double, animal style, extra toasted bun, sliced chiles — for dinner two straight nights down here in the valley.

RELATED: Is this Tim Lincecum or just a lookalike?

Then again, I'm not a two-time Cy Young winner who still looks a lot more like David Cassidy than David Wells. And I definitely couldn't eat that much and go out against the Chicago White Sox and strike out seven batters over 5 1/3 innings, like Lincecum did on Wednesday afternoon in Glendale.

But I probably have matched Lincecum's weight gain of 11 pounds (he's up to 168 pounds, he reports) since spring training began. So there's that. (I blame Florida's Chick-fil-As and Arizona's In-N-Outs for being so darn novel to this hungry and hardworking Midwestern boy.)

At any rate, I'm sure there are a bunch of Stewies out there that can report similar or superior binges of gluttony at America's best burger chain. Let's hear the gruesome details in the comments below.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
News not good for Ross, Wilson, Cain
Outfielder headed for MRI after suffering calf strain in game

TEMPE, Ariz. -- A disaster? No. A downer? Yes.

Wednesday was the Giants' most wretched day of Spring Training, and the malaise only partly involved the 8-0 exhibition defeat the Los Angeles Angels pinned on them.

Right fielder Cody Ross left the game in the first inning with a strained right calf muscle. His immediate playing status remained uncertain, pending the results of an MRI.
Back in Scottsdale in the morning, closer Brian Wilson engaged in what may or may not have been a useful exercise as he tested the strained oblique muscle in his left side by playing catch. Another day passed without the right-hander climbing on the mound, increasing the possibility that he'll open the season on the disabled list.

And No. 3 starter Matt Cain was thumped by Angels hitters for five first-inning runs as he continued his delayed bid to prepare for the regular season.

On the second out of that inning, Ross pulled up lame once he broke for Alberto Callaspo's fly ball, having injured himself while taking his first step. He moved enough to make the catch but left the game immediately.

Giants manager Bruce Bochy related that Ross said he had never endured that kind of injury. "You hate to see it at this time of the spring," Bochy said. The Giants would sorely miss Ross, the Most Valuable Player of last year's National League Championship Series who's hitting .295 in the Cactus League with a .591 slugging percentage.

Bochy declined to speculate who might play right field if a replacement is needed for several days or more. Candidates include Aubrey Huff, who would vacate first base for Brandon Belt; Nate Schierholtz, who replaced Ross against the Angels; and Andres Torres, who would create an opportunity in center field for Aaron Rowand.

Exactly what Wilson did depended on who did the talking. He said he played catch for seven or eight minutes "at a high rate." Predictably, Wilson still believes that he'll build up enough arm strength to be fit to pitch in the March 31 regular-season opener against the Los Angeles Dodgers at Chavez Ravine.

"That's one step forward to becoming healthy," Wilson said of his session. Implying that he threw hard to bullpen catcher Taira Uematsu, Wilson said, "Ask his thumb."

Bochy, however, described Wilson's stint as "real light catch," adding that it "gave us an idea where he's at."

Bochy indicated that the Giants are wary of pushing Wilson to be ready for the opener. "We're running short on time," Bochy said. "This isn't the time to rush Willie back."

Wilson acknowledged that he wasn't physically whole while flashing his renowned wit. "People might think I'm superhuman, but ... correction. I am superhuman. But, realistically, in six days I'm not going to be 1,000 percent. I'm going to be 990. I'm just going to take it day by day."

Wilson, who recorded a Major League-high 48 saves last season and six more in the postseason, insisted that he wasn't worried. He also said that he would follow the instructions of team doctors and management.

"I know my body," he said. "I know what I'm capable of doing. I'm not worried about what other people are thinking. I'm going to do what the doctors tell me and control what I can control. Ideally, everyone would have liked to have me healed the night I was injured."

Cain lasted only three innings in his second Cactus League start since returning from being sidelined for approximately two weeks with inflammation in his right (throwing) elbow. He'll make only one more exhibition start before facing the Dodgers on April 2. But he said that he felt just as strong after his final inning against the Angels as he did at the beginning of his outing, which encouraged him.

Cain said that he felt a "little bit out of rhythm," causing his fastball to veer over the middle of the plate and become hittable. Bobby Abreu yanked one of these 0-2 fastballs over the right-field wall for a three-run homer.