**2010-2011 SF Giants off season thread**

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
I do not want pat the bat back at all. He got his ring, he helped us get there and all that... now be gone.

Renteria we appreciate what you did in the world series. And in those 5 games you earned every over priced penny in your salary!
But good luck where ever you land next year coaching....

Uribe.... wow... We need him. But I hope he gives us the home team price and all that good shit. He could price himself right out of our grasp....

Huff daddy will be a giant. give him 3 years 14.5 million and let him retire a Giant!

Any articles or news please place it here!

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
Yeah both Renteria and Burrell should retire on top. I want to resign Uribe, Ross and Huff.

Feb 12, 2004
I have no doubt Huff daddy and the boss will be back. I also fear that Uribe's desire for long contract and more money will put him out of the giants' range, but they definitely need to do everything to bring him back. I don't mind Burrell coming back, but for little money and reduced role. Rent, you're forever a giant legend now, but it's probably time to hang em up.

Pablos fat ass needs to lose like 30 lbs in the offseason. If he takes it serious and loses the weight, let him battle DeRosa out for the 3rd base position. If he doesn't lose weight, send his ass to Fresno.

Jun 21, 2005
I have no doubt Huff daddy and the boss will be back. I also fear that Uribe's desire for long contract and more money will put him out of the giants' range, but they definitely need to do everything to bring him back. I don't mind Burrell coming back, but for little money and reduced role. Rent, you're forever a giant legend now, but it's probably time to hang em up.

Pablos fat ass needs to lose like 30 lbs in the offseason. If he takes it serious and loses the weight, let him battle DeRosa out for the 3rd base position. If he doesn't lose weight, send his ass to Fresno.
i think its burrells time. our outfield is crowded as is. if at all, we need to get younger and faster in left field cough(crawford).. and it a big offseason for pablo. hes one of my favorite players, but he needs to get his shit together and quit eatin sundays. btw to any one see the girl he was with at the parade? hot ass.. and brain wilson is gonna be on the tonight show today..

Dec 9, 2005
My work is the hospital for the Giants players, and I've seen a few of them come in...definitely have seen that same chick with The Beard on more than one occassion. He is a really quirky guy, even without cameras rolling.

Jan 18, 2006
damn ever since the Giants won it feels hella weird without a game on.
It sucks baseball isn't on every night, starting to feel the effects every night the W's aren't playing. I think its time to buy out Zitos contract and let him go, if hes not even gonna pitch in the post-season shouldn't keep him at all. Should spend some decent money on a shortstop, maybe now that the Giants did win it all it will raise the expectation enough to where they will bring in some more good hitters. I would think any free agent would want to come to a team like the Giants that has such good pitching like the Giants do

ReKz

Sicc OG
May 26, 2002
Huff daddy will be a giant. give him 3 years 14.5 million and let him retire a Giant!
No way he gets a three year deal, most I can see him getting is 2 years ($12/13 Million). By 2012, Brandon Belt should be taking over 1B full time...

Speaking of future players, everyone should check out the AFL Rising Stars game on Saturday (it'll be on MLB Network). Brandon Belt (1B) and Charlie Culberson (2B) will be playing. Both had breakout years in 2010 and are gonna move up the system pretty fast.

ReKz

Sicc OG
May 26, 2002
Some news, most of which is not surprising:

The Giants officially declined the $10.5 million option on Edgar Renteria, choosing to give their World Series MVP a $500,000 buyout instead.

This move shouldn’t surprise anyone. Renteria started only 62 games because of myriad injuries and hasn’t decided whether he wants to play another season.

But Giants GM Brian Sabean made a little news on a Comcast SportsNet Bay Area talk-show segment an hour ago, saying his understanding is that Renteria wants to play and there’s a possibility that the 35-year-old could return in a part-time role.

“We have to keep an open mind because the free-agent class isn’t very sexy,” Sabean said. “It’s certainly very short and not at all appealing at the shortstop position. So we’ll see. He still apparently wants to play but there’s plenty of time given the fact we’re not picking up the option and he’d be more of a complementary player.”

Sabean said the club would make thongtastic first baseman Aubrey Huff an offer in a “short amount of time.” Sabean added that he’ll “certainly be in discussions” about re-signing infielder Juan Uribe, too.

Sabean said the Giants already have talked to Huff’s agent, although Huff mentioned that he was changing representation and could even do the job himself.

“He’s not in a hurry yet,” Sabean said. “He does want to return. There is mutual interest. But we have to decide what we can predict or expect out of Pablo (Sandoval), which is a little difficult, where he’ll play on the field. Aubrey being versatile, which he showed us, is invaluable. We’ll figure it out, but in a short amount of time, we’ll be making him an offer.”

Translation: Huff can play left or right, too. So if Sandoval has to play first, the Giants still could get Huff in the fold and adjust his position accordingly.

“What we first have to figure out is Sandoval’s situation, how we can predict which position we think is more favorable,” Sabean said. “As we saw, Juan played tremendous at third base, but having said that, we do need a shortstop and Juan is certainly capable of doing that and we’ll certainly be in discussions with him.”

“In the next couple days we’ll have a series of conference calls what we should do internally, what we want to do with our own people free-agent wise before looking to the outside world,” Sabean said.

They’ll talk about Brandon Belt, but I don’t expect he’ll be in a position to make the opening-day roster. More likely, if he keeps hitting, he’d be introduced at a hand-picked time during next season.

“He can swing the bat a lot like Posey,” Sabean said. “His bat stays in the zone for a long time. He’s got a nose for an RBI, he’s going to hit for power. He does play first base predominantly, but we’ve experimented with him in the outfield and he’s going gangbusters in the Arizona Fall League.”

Jan 5, 2006
Giants are lookin solid for years to come.. would like to see more poseys (positional players) come up and stay up...

i was never a fan of bochy but hats off to him and makin the line ups work every night altho i wont lie i did scratch my head and raise my eyebrow more than half the games of the season.. but thats done and hes proven himself to me hes a good manager and sabean.. you finally did something good.. but im not giving all the credit to Sabean.. credit goes to Dick Tidrow and his amazing scouting...

ReKz

Sicc OG
May 26, 2002
Giants are lookin solid for years to come.. would like to see more poseys (positional players) come up and stay up...

i was never a fan of bochy but hats off to him and makin the line ups work every night altho i wont lie i did scratch my head and raise my eyebrow more than half the games of the season.. but thats done and hes proven himself to me hes a good manager and sabean.. you finally did something good.. but im not giving all the credit to Sabean.. credit goes to Dick Tidrow and his amazing scouting...
Tidrow deserves the credit for our pitching, but John Barr is the man as far as overall scouting and development.

Dec 17, 2002
WWW.SICCNESS.NET
Is Brandon Belt The Next Buster Posey?

Brandon Belt has been on the radar of die-hard San Francisco Giants fans since the start of the season when he established himself, at least statistically, as the best hitter in the entire organization.

What's hard to believe is that the guy can sustain his amazing performance because it just is never done much past high school and to a lesser extent college.

At High Single-A ball in San Jose, Belt had a .383 BA, 1.121 OPS, 10 HR, 18 SB, 62 RBI, and 62 Runs in 77 games. These are ridiculous numbers at any level of baseball.

By comparison, in 2009, Buster Posey for the same team and in the same league had a .326 BA, .967 OPS, 13 HR, 6 SB, 58 RBIs, and 63 Runs in 80 games.

Similar numbers, but with a .60 point lead in BA and .150 point lead in OPS, one of these guys' numbers are significantly superior to the others, and it's not Buster Posey!

That's an extraordinary phenomenon to think about.

Instantly, skeptics will point out that Belt is 6'5", 195 lbs., and anecdotally players with that build seem to rarely if ever sustain long, productive Major League careers.

It seems like tall guys need to bulk up and become power hitters. But there are some exceptions to this less than scientific observation of mine.

Off the top of my head, the best example is Darryl Strawberry, the 6'6", 190 lbs. fellow lefty, who was on course to have a career like Barry Bonds.

Drug and personal issues derailed him, but when healthy in mind and body, he was a monster for opposing pitchers and teams. His tall, lean stature never prevented him from being highly productive.

So why did I write this article now and not a month or two ago?

Well, it is only High Single-A Ball data, so it's impossible to draw a direct line to success at higher levels.

But now with Belt's promotion to Double-A Richmond and his instant domination of the pitchers there, it's becoming impossible to ignore.

In 11 games, he has a .409 BA, 1.277 OPS, and 5 HRs. Ridiculous.

He seems to be better than Travis Ishikawa, Brett Pill, heck, maybe even Aubrey Huff and Posey.

Despite being picked 147th in 2009's draft, the former Texas Longhorn is putting up serious first round numbers that deserve commendation.

Feb 12, 2004
btw I don't think anyone should expect Giants to get a Carl Crawford type player. From looking at their payroll, they are already going to go around 10million over what they currently have keeping guys like huff, cody, uribe, etc. and Neukom already said that they will do just enough to keep the team together. I can't wait to see if Brandon Belt will be on the team at some point next year.