09 Nfl Draft

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 26, 2007
Sanchez will fail in the NFL. His predocessors were better than him and are currently not doing so well, save for maybe Carson (whi is currently injured). Cassell had a great year, but can he repeat?
Sanchez is the best athlete out of all of the USC quarterbacks that have come out under Carrol. He also didn't have the supporting cast around him like the others(Mike Williams, Steve Smith, Dwayne Jarrett, Reggie Bush, Lendale White)

Sanchez has been there for 4 years and realizes that his defense won't be what it was last year. He also would have had a new Offensive Coordinator at SC and lose 2 of his best receivers in Patrick Turner(draft) and Vidal Hazleton(transfer). That left only two receivers with any significant playing time. He leaves now and goes anywhere from 1-10. With Bradford deciding to stay, it was a no brainer for Sanchez to leave. Stafford has the better arm but I can guarantee you that Sanchez will have the better workouts for the NFL. Also, I think that Bradford staying says a whole lot about where his head's at and what his motives are. He's always dreamed of playing at Oklahoma and with damn near his whole offense coming back next year, has a chance to win another Heisman and maybe a national championship. Sure he left about 50 million on the table, but I can't knock him for wanting to stay in school.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Scouts Inc.'s Top 32 Prospects
Player Position School Height Weight Grade
1. Andre Smith* OT Alabama 6-4⅞ 341 98
2. Aaron Curry OLB Wake Forest 6-1¾ 247 98
3. Michael Crabtree** WR Texas Tech 6-2½ 208 98
4. Mark Sanchez* QB USC 6-2½ 225 97
5. Matthew Stafford* QB Georgia 6-2½ 235 96
6. Eugene Monroe OT Virginia 6-5⅛ 310 96
7. Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio State 6-0 195 96
8. Aaron Maybin** DE Penn State 6-3½ 250 96
9. Jeremy Maclin** WR Missouri 6-0⅝ 198 95
10. Brian Orakpo DE Texas 6-3½ 255 95
11. Jason Smith OT Baylor 6-4½ 300 95
12. Knowshon Moreno** RB Georgia 5-10⅜ 207 94
13. Brandon Pettigrew TE Oklahoma State 6-5⅝ 260 93
14. B.J. Raji* DT Boston College 6-1¼ 334 93
15. Rey Maualuga ILB USC 6-1⅞ 260 93
16. Percy Harvin* WR Florida 5-10¾ 187 93
17. Vontae Davis* CB Illinois 5-11⅞ 203 93
18. Everette Brown* DE Florida State 6-4¼ 252 93
19. Tyson Jackson DE LSU 6-4¼ 295 92
20. Brian Cushing OLB USC 6-2¾ 253 92
21. Chris Wells* RB Ohio State 6-1 235 92
22. James Laurinaitis ILB Ohio State 6-2 240 91
23. Michael Oher OT Mississippi 6-5 330 91
24. LeSean McCoy** RB Pittsburgh 5-11 205 91
25. D.J. Moore* CB Vanderbilt 5-10 184 91
26. Hakeem Nicks* WR N. Carolina 6-1 215 91
27. Clint Sintim OLB Virginia 6-3⅜ 249 90
28. Peria Jerry DT Mississippi 6-3 310 90
29. William Moore S Missouri 6-0⅜ 228 90
30. Sean Smith* CB Utah 6-2½ 212 90
31. Darrius Heyward-Bey* WR Maryland 6-1⅞ 203 90
32. Max Unger C Oregon 6-4½ 311 89

May 9, 2002
Sanchez is the best athlete out of all of the USC quarterbacks that have come out under Carrol. He also didn't have the supporting cast around him like the others(Mike Williams, Steve Smith, Dwayne Jarrett, Reggie Bush, Lendale White)
Trust me, Sanchez had PLENTY of talent around him. Do i even need to mention the 5 RB's that he had???

Sanchez has been there for 4 years and realizes that his defense won't be what it was last year. He also would have had a new Offensive Coordinator at SC and lose 2 of his best receivers in Patrick Turner(draft) and Vidal Hazleton(transfer). That left only two receivers with any significant playing time. He leaves now and goes anywhere from 1-10.
And this is why he left, becuase he knows that him being a leader would be too much for him and all the changes were going to possibly fuck up his chances of being a high prospect next year. Smart move on his part.

With Bradford deciding to stay, it was a no brainer for Sanchez to leave. Stafford has the better arm but I can guarantee you that Sanchez will have the better workouts for the NFL.
Stafford = most overrated QB in the draft. Its almost as if none of these "experts" watched any of his games. His stats may be somewhat impressive, but his decision making isnt always the best. He also has had trouble making "pro" throws.

Also, I think that Bradford staying says a whole lot about where his head's at and what his motives are. He's always dreamed of playing at Oklahoma and with damn near his whole offense coming back next year, has a chance to win another Heisman and maybe a national championship. Sure he left about 50 million on the table, but I can't knock him for wanting to stay in school.
I somewhat agree with this, but i think he is ready for the NFL. He, unlike Stafford, MAKES the NFL throws. The ball jumps out of his hand and he is proven that he can check down receivers.

May 9, 2002
Here is Mays' statement as to WHY he decided to stay another year at USC:

Taylor Mays said:
It came down to whether I felt I was ready physically and mentally. I feel there are some more things in my game that I can improve upon, things that would help me take the next step. I didn't want to sell myself short.

"Plus, I want to be here for my teammates and provide an example to them as a leader and a player. I love the camaraderie here and the atmosphere. USC is a special place. From all the players I've talked to in the NFL, they say it's a whole different world up there. They enjoyed college more than the NFL. I want to enjoy my last year of fun before it turns into a business.

"I'm also on track to graduate this fall and I know that's a big deal to my parents.

"I'm excited to start working hard toward next season. In fact, I wish I could start playing the 2009 season right now.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/collegesports/2008625630_grid14.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------\

Self-awareness is seldom seen in someone his age. Glad to see he realizes he needs to improve in some areas to be considered ready for the NFL.

Apr 25, 2002
Seems like the second paragraph in your quote is the real reason he decided to stay. Everyone who stays in college says they want to improve their skills, but not many get much better. If he didn't learn certain things the first three years, it's more than possible he will not learn it in his 4th year. It's pretty clear he just WANTS to stay in college, and that's cool, it's his decision. I'm just saying he might be making a mistake.

Jun 1, 2002
First of all, what the FUCK do the Niners have to do with this conversation? They will NOT be drafting Crabtree because he will be long gone by the number 10 spot.

But since you wanna take it there, Shaun Hill >>>> Jamarcus Russell.

Their stats were very similar last season, AND HILL PLAYED IN HALF AS MANY GAMES. Russell has more game experience as he has played in 19 games as opposed to Shaun Hill's 13. Hill has a MUCH higher QB rating (90.5 as opposed to Russell's 73.9), a much higher completion percentage (64.0% to 53.9%), more yards per game (195.9 to 147.2), more TDs and a much better record as a starter (7-3 to Russell's 5-12). Also, Russell has only thrown for about 250 yards more than Hill in 6 more games.

So tell me why you figure Crabtree, or any receiver for that matter, would rather have Russell throwing him the ball. Oh that's right, he has a cannon arm. Great. It doesn't seem to have helped him much.

Save the nonsense about how Russell has only played 2 years. Like I said before, he has more in-game experience than Shaun Hill does. They are both still learning and both have room to improve, but your comment is ridiculous and there's nothing that would suggest it has any merit.
CHREE SAID SOME FAGGOTTY HATER SHIT ABOUT THE RAIDERS, SO HE TOOK A SHOT BACK AT THE NINERS. IT WASN'T OUT THE BLUE.

THAT BEING SAID, SHAUN HILL IS NOT A LONG-TERM ANSWER AT QB FOR THE 49ERS. JAMARCUS RUSSELL WILL BE JUST THAT FOR THE RAIDERS.

WAIT AND SEE.

Apr 25, 2002
CHREE SAID SOME FAGGOTTY HATER SHIT ABOUT THE RAIDERS, SO HE TOOK A SHOT BACK AT THE NINERS. IT WASN'T OUT THE BLUE.
Chree may have said some "hater shit" about the raiders, but at least it was relevant. The raiders could be in the running for Crabtree. The Niners have nothing to do with a Michael Crabtree debate because they are not in the running for him. Everyone knows he'll be gone by the time our pick comes around.

Solitary 1 said:
THAT BEING SAID, SHAUN HILL IS NOT A LONG-TERM ANSWER AT QB FOR THE 49ERS. JAMARCUS RUSSELL WILL BE JUST THAT FOR THE RAIDERS.

WAIT AND SEE.
Jamarcus Russell didn't look much better than Alex Smith in his second year. And look where Alex is now.

Shaun Hill could be a long-term answer (the next 5-7 years or so), but the problem is a lot of people think like you, including the Niners. For some reason they keep doubting Hill. I don't see why. He's done nothing but good things on the field and that is UNDENIABLE. He has a winning record as a starter, he puts up good numbers, he doesn't turn the ball over often. It seems to me there's a lot of blind people out there.

Jun 1, 2002
Chree may have said some "hater shit" about the raiders, but at least it was relevant. The raiders could be in the running for Crabtree. The Niners have nothing to do with a Michael Crabtree debate because they are not in the running for him. Everyone knows he'll be gone by the time our pick comes around.
[/B][/COLOR]
FAIR ENOUGH. BUT THOSE TYPE OF COMMENTS FROM NINER FANS JUST BEGET MORE SHIT TALK.

Jamarcus Russell didn't look much better than Alex Smith in his second year. And look where Alex is now.

BULLSHIT. RUSSELL LOOKS MUCH BETTER.

[B
Shaun Hill could be a long-term answer (the next 5-7 years or so), but the problem is a lot of people think like you, including the Niners. For some reason they keep doubting Hill. I don't see why. He's done nothing but good things on the field and that is UNDENIABLE. He has a winning record as a starter, he puts up good numbers, he doesn't turn the ball over often. It seems to me there's a lot of blind people out there.
HE'S A DECENT QB, BUT SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING HIM AS YOUR FRANCHISE QB FOR THE NEXT 5-7 YEARS WILL SET THE NINERS BACK FOR THAT AMMOUNT OF TIME. YALL BETTER GO AFTER MCNABB!

Apr 25, 2002
FAIR ENOUGH. BUT THOSE TYPE OF COMMENTS FROM NINER FANS JUST BEGET MORE SHIT TALK.
It's fine with me as long as it has something to do with the current topic. Doing that type of shit just makes you guys sound like Bay Area Cowboys fans.

Solitary said:
BULLSHIT. RUSSELL LOOKS MUCH BETTER.
Sorry homeboy, but THAT is bullshit. Russell looked no better than Alex Smith in 06. Smith actually showed more signs of promise than Russell did.

Solitary said:
HE'S A DECENT QB, BUT SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING HIM AS YOUR FRANCHISE QB FOR THE NEXT 5-7 YEARS WILL SET THE NINERS BACK FOR THAT AMMOUNT OF TIME. YALL BETTER GO AFTER MCNABB!
How is a WINNING QB going to set us back for any amount of time? That makes no sense. He wins games. That's ultimately what you look for in a player. What is it about him that you feel will set us back? The only thing I can think of is people say he has a weak arm, but Joe Montana didn't exactly have a cannon for an arm and if I'm not mistaken he had a little success here in SF.

By the way, your argument is Hill won't be a long-term answer.. Well how do you figure McNabb will? He's 32-years-old homie. He won't be around long enough to be a long-term solution.