Who was the worst pope in history?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
Here is the definition of will (noun)

1. the faculty of conscious and especially of deliberate action; the power of control the mind has over its own actions: the freedom of the will.

2. power of choosing one's own actions: to have a strong or a weak will.

3. the act or process of using or asserting one's choice; volition: My hands are obedient to my will.

4. wish or desire: to submit against one's will.

5. purpose or determination, often hearty or stubborn determination; willfulness: to have the will to succeed.

6. the wish or purpose as carried out, or to be carried out: to work one's will.

7. disposition, whether good or ill, toward another.

8. Law.

a. a legal declaration of a person's wishes as to the disposition of his or her property or estate after death, usually written and signed by the testator and attested by witnesses.

b. the document containing such a declaration.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/will

I think #3 is what is the main focus when talking about free will, or the lack-there-of.

Mac Jesus

Girls send me your nudes
May 31, 2003
If God is all knowing, it means that before we were born God knew every action we would take throughout our lives. God created us knowing we would kill, steal, and have abortions. Therefore it was already predestined for us to do so, and there is nothing we could do to change the outcome. If we were to change the outcome then it would mean God is not all knowing. Therefore, I conclude, if there is a God and he is all knowing, then there is no such thing as freewill.

Oct 6, 2005
Read what you're quoting again. I said state and local are extensions of the federal. When I said that I was speaking in regards to the federal government not policy. However, at the end of the day, the state/local policy will do its job, which is, preserve the power structure of those up top. Yes, the fed gov is often at odds with states rights, but federal law supercedes state law and if they want them to fall in line, look no further than the Supremacy Clause and preemption.

To assume that something will change by voting is way off the mark. And while Malcolm did give a speech about the ballot or the bullet, in what context was he speaking of? I've listened to that speech many times and he sure as hell wasn't endorsing the vote.
I know what I quoted... You didn't specify what the "federal" was... Anyhow.........................