What's the Purpose of Staying Fitted?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 1, 2006
Why are some people just obsessed with fashion? I know looks can be everything but some people can take it overboard. What's the whole point of staying geared up? Is it to show off what you got, look good, or is just a habit and shopping your thing?

Lately I've been dressing hella scrubby. I could careless how the hell I dress, who am I going to impress? Don't get me wrong if I'm out at an event or occasion I'll go fitted but the majority of days I'm like fuck it.

Seeing doodes waiting at the bus stop or doing work all fitted up is doing too much IMO :confused:

Sometimes I roll with my cousin and we could just be getting a burger and doode wants to throw on a fit and color coordinate. I'm like shieeet let's go eat!!

Anyone else feel like they're doing too much or know someone like that???

Dec 29, 2006
Hell yeah i got a couple of homeboys like that, just a trip to the store and they tryna dress tha fuck up, i usually dont care wtf i wear.. mismatch all day dont give a fuck

Mar 15, 2006
Yeah, got a friend that has to be all "proper" taking 3 hours to shower/iron creases/whatever else he does just to get together and drink with the guys. That's some metrosexual shit.

Oct 21, 2006
Yeah shit I just bought hella gear this past year and Im lookin at like what..and now I got hella investments i coulda made, like better music equipment.

Im in high school though so u know how it is. U get caught up in dumb shit. It's funny though, actually it's the other way around school aint shit and high school aint shit either.

Jan 1, 2006
I use to starch all my clothes in high school. Not no cholo shit but I was dipped in the latest Ecko. As the years have gone by I've been like fuck it. I'll go maybe cop a new fit every six months but staying intune with fashion to me is female status sometimes.

Shoes weren't always my thing either but I guess different people have different attractions.

Mar 17, 2006
The Visualizer said:
I use to starch all my clothes in high school. Not no cholo shit but I was dipped in the latest Ecko. As the years have gone by I've been like fuck it. I'll go maybe cop a new fit every six months but staying intune with fashion to me is female status sometimes.

Shoes weren't always my thing either but I guess different people have different attractions.
yeah thats how i was in school too, i used to stay Gd up in some polo,jordans and some matchin dickies with the dickie shirt, but now i be like fuck it i just bust some dickies and a T-shirt, and still be mackin these okie dokie broads

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
Yeah...when you spend more time dressing up than your lady to go to the post office...you, my friend, are gay.

Nothing wrong with looking good and taking care of yourself...but too many metrosexuals (YES YOU MAY BE ONE IF YOU'RE OFFENDED) are going overboard.

Mar 17, 2006
REdRUM said:
Yeah...when you spend more time dressing up than your lady to go to the post office...you, my friend, are gay.

Nothing wrong with looking good and taking care of yourself...but too many metrosexuals (YES YOU MAY BE ONE IF YOU'RE OFFENDED) are going overboard.
HAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!

Jul 13, 2006
I just got a problem with hats, i see a dope A's or Warriors hat and i buy it...

The funny part is now i got a gang of hats but really only wear a couple ones that fit the best and are the most comfortable

Nov 16, 2006
i have gone to serramonte in my chenelas and pajama pants a few times. i really dont give a fuck. I just bought a pair of jeans yesterday, and theyre the first pair ive copped in a few months.

Mar 2, 2006
clothes aint dat important to me.. im koo wit white/black short/long sleeve Ts and jeans but tha shoes.. i stay on shoes!! i mostly cop Js and Forces!! and tha hats.. Im like 92five10.. if i see a shittin ass A's or Giants hat.. im koppin but sometimes.. shit be hella fuckin whack kuz sometimes some of dem hats dont karry my size..!! as far as gettin dressed up to go somewhere.. depends.. if im goin to tha store.. i'll go in my boxers and wifebeater.. barefoot..!! hahaaa.. nah but i'll jus throw whateva on..!! my kuzzos brother-in-law is like dat tho!! tha in-law works wit my kuzzo and uncle doin landscaping/concrete work and homie always fitted to do some dirty work!! nigga be fresh in a white T.. nice lookin shorts and sometimes some Timbs!! we be like.. tha fuck?! u jus goin to work.. u aint goin to tha mall!! hahaaa!! but'cheas.. i feel what u sayin tho folks.. shits outta whack nowadays!! far as females.. thas all on u.. jus dont be lookin fucked up.. all we ask for!!

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
Stalka All Day said:
i love my shoes...anyway, but back to the subject, so what do u think of females who get all ready? would u rather they look all fucked up all day too or what? my bf gives me 30 minutes max to get ready, i had to adjust...i still dont like it, cuz i feel a whole lot better when i know im dressed to impress
The way i think of it is if me and my woman are going out, maybe a special occasion she can take all damn day, i dont care, i can wait, check the siccness or something, but when we have to be up and somwhere at a specific time and her hair/shirt/makle up/socks make us late it pisses me off. Girls need to get dressed up, 99% of the time it doesnt bother me at all.

Jan 1, 2006
It's one thing to dress with minimal effort and still look good vs. taking too much time and still looking the same.

I know doodes who spend time ironing their jeans every damn day. Taking over an hour to iron clothes before stepping out the crib. Ridiculous.

It's one thing to do this occasionally but on an everyday basis is some MONK SHIT