The Thing That Seperates Christianity From Other Religions...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

shep

Sicc OG
Oct 2, 2002
miggidy said:
the Nephilim are a crossbreed between Angels and human women.
According to Enoch and the Torah the offspring were some big muthafuckas.
Enoch said that the Nephilim filled the world with wickedness.

LOL!!!!!!!! and you actually beleive this, that's what makes it funny

Sep 28, 2002
first throw Buddhism out the window. Its a spin off of Hinduism from a man who decided to add his own twist to it.

first throw Christianity out the window. Its a spin off of Judaism from a man who decided to add his own twist to it.

Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
Formaldehyde Rx said:
first throw Buddhism out the window. Its a spin off of Hinduism from a man who decided to add his own twist to it.

first throw Christianity out the window. Its a spin off of Judaism from a man who decided to add his own twist to it.
LOL!
Judaism prophecised the Messiah.

Apr 15, 2004
miggidy said:
God didn't write the bible, ask anyone and they will tell you that He "inspired" the writers of the bible.

As for Buddhism and Hinduism,
Hinduism is a great religion.
I think its the best man-made religion.
Look into it, it's very deep and very interesting.
I like their idea that evil is only ignorance.
That's deep right there because in many ways, people are evil as a result of ignorance.
Jesus even said when he was at the cross, "Forgive them for they don't know what they do"....
Something along those lines....
so who wrote the bible? and when was it written?..

what about the lines eye for an eye.... does that tell you to love your enemy?

Feb 9, 2003
sheriff said:
what about the lines eye for an eye.... does that tell you to love your enemy?
You are taken this line out of context. If you do not understand Jewish culture you will not understand this passage you quoted. i believe Heresy has answered this one before, so do a search and you will find your answer.

Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
Sheriff,

Prophets and messengers wrote the bible, people who were inspired by the Spirit of God.
But not God himself....

As for the "Eye for an Eye",
God gave the Jews some slack, "Love your neighbors and hate your enemies"....
This was because they did have enemies, but these were enemies of God....

However Jesus made this tougher and said, "Love your enemies and pray for them".
He even made refference to the old testament passage from above.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
How the fuck is "god" going to have enemies if he created EVERYTHING? Sounds like a stupid god to me....

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
I didn't make any call, I was asking a question, and giving my opinion on what had previously been assumed....that god has enemies...I'm not talkin down on your belief or nothin man, just tryin to understand a little bit better.....Maybe instead of tellin me to not make calls, you could tell me the answer to my question so that I don't have to.

Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
God created his Angels, and just like us, he gave them free will.
They know right from wrong just like we do, some of us choose to be good, others choose to be bad.
Lucifer chose to be bad, to rebell against God for many different reasons.
It wasn't just him though, the bible says that he managed to turn a third of the angels against God.

So ever since then, Lucifer's been tryin to take out God's most loved creation, us....
He's done this by tons of different ways, one was to turn his creation against him.
Satan is an enemy of God and anyone who allies with him is an enemy as well....
The people that Joshua over threw were enemies of God....

Why did God allow Satan to do what he did? There's many reasons for that, God wants you to obey him out of love and not fear. You cannot force anyone to love you, real love spawns on its own.
So why force Satan to like Him? Let him go on his own, it is his decision. Its his right....
Interfering with this would violate His Law of free will....

Feb 9, 2003
The word satan does not mean devil. It's a reference to those who oppose God's plan. (literally the adversary.) That's why Jesus told Paul "Get behind me, Satan!"

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
See, now that wasn't that hard was it? Good lookin out on the info...Seems a little egotistical that this "god" and his plan are the best and only right plan. Another question....Is that the Christian outlook, and what do other religions believe about this or do they even believe? If you can give me a link or the info it would be appreciated.

Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
It's not egotistical when you take into consideration that he created everything. Including our thoughts, we are limited and he is infinit. We are trying to understand something that is beyond our comprehension. It's like being trapped in a dark room and where trying to make sense of what's outside the walls....

Christianity and Judaism have the same view of Satan....
But Jesus shed more light on him so our views may differ a bit.
Satan's viewed pretty much the same way in Islam....

shep

Sicc OG
Oct 2, 2002
miggidy said:
It's not egotistical when you take into consideration that he created everything. Including our thoughts, we are limited and he is infinit. We are trying to understand something that is beyond our comprehension. It's like being trapped in a dark room and where trying to make sense of what's outside the walls....

Christianity and Judaism have the same view of Satan....
But Jesus shed more light on him so our views may differ a bit.
Satan's viewed pretty much the same way in Islam....
and here's where your argument becomes flawed. theism always leads to agnosticism

what you are leading to though is agnosticism. that we can't understand god because he is above our logic because god is a supernatural being.... that has many faults...

The first problem with the designation of supernatural is that it tells us nothing positive about a god. "supernatural" tells us what a god is not-that it is not part of the natural universe-but it does not tell us what a god IS. what identifiable characteristics does a god possess? In other words, how will we recognize a god if we run across one? to state that a god is supernatural does not provide us with an answer.

in addition, the entire notion of a supernatural being is incomprehensible. The theist wisheds us to conceive of a being exempt from natural law- a being that does not fall within the domain of scientific explanation- but no theist has ever explained how we can conceive of existence other than "natural" existence. Natural existence is a redundancy; we have no familiarity with "unnatural" existence, or even a vague notion of what said existence would be like.

This leads to the epistemological element of theistic belief.

The belief of god is basically the unknowable is the most important epistemological element of theistic belief.

Religious agnosticism suffers from the obvious flaw that one cannot possibly know that something exists without some knowledge of what it is that exists. If god is unknowable, the concept of "god" is totally devoid of content, and the word "god" becomes a meaningless sound. To state that god exists-where "god" represents an unknown, a blank- is to say nothing whatsoever.

Religious agnosticism is predicated on the concept of the "unknowable," and herein lies the root of its irrationality. To posit the existence of something which, by its nature, cannot be known to man is to submerge oneself in the hopeless contradictions.

First we must ask our self: If god cannot be known, how can god be known to exist?
Second, if god cannot be comprehended, then none of his attributes can be known-including the attribute of incomprehensibility. To state that something is by nature unknowable is to pronounce knowledge of its nature, in which case we are again involved in a contradiction.

When one claims that something is unknowable, can one produce knowledge in support of this claim? If one can't, then one's insertion is arbitrary and utterly without merit. If one can, one has accomplished the impossible: one has knowledge of the unknowable.

Third, to support the existence of the unknowable not only presupposes knowledge-it presupposes omniscient knowledge. To claim that god is incomprehensible is to say that one's concept of god is unintelligible, which is to confess that one does not know what one is talking about.

By criticizing the notion of an unknowable being, we have indirectly destroyed the concept of a supernatural being.