"Not In Our Name" statement signed by Mos Def, Boots of the Coup, others

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
stop repeating the rhetoric we hear everyday and stop to EXPLAIN and THINK ABOUT it...

what liberties do we have that other countries don't have? how exactly do you know this?

how does the government PROTECT us? If the Government and blood sucking oil companies didn't fuck around in Saudi Arabia and the middle east in the first place, we never would have lost 3000 Americans at the WTC. It sounds to me like the government is doing EVERYTHING BUT protecting us. They endanger us.

M

MrFreeze

then go to another country if its that bad. know why you wont? cuz you know the truth-that this IS the best country on earth. and the wtc-what were we supposed to do? bullshit hippy whinning.

May 9, 2002
Whenever one particular group tries to play God

theres gonna be Major Conflicts

And In my opinion in these times, that particular group is located in America!!

But Damn

I never expected so many patriotic Attitudes on a GANGSTA RAP Message Board

I guess the Mass Media is doin a good Job

Just believe me Shit gets deeper than me and u Think

And most of us will never find out but the actual Truth is always too much to bear

Apr 25, 2002
MrFreeze said:
then go to another country if its that bad. know why you wont? cuz you know the truth-that this IS the best country on earth. and the wtc-what were we supposed to do? bullshit hippy whinning.
you didn't answer any of the questions or statements in my post, you just got sensitive and cried on your mommys breast.

the fact is that every country in this world is fucked up, and we need to change ALL of them--including OURS.

Apr 25, 2002
SaVelli said:
But Damn

I never expected so many patriotic Attitudes on a GANGSTA RAP Message Board
its funny huh. everybodys down to shoot em up bang bang but then they turn around and turn into I-love-police government bootlickers. if you love the government so much, how can you listen to gangsta rap?

M

MrFreeze

ok here you go:
we have the right to vote, right to a fair trial, ... i dont know if you had history class but theres this thing called the bill of right-might wanna peep that! and how do i know this? look around and snap out of whatever cloud of weed smoke that makes you think so poorly about this country. and now answer my question-if its SOOOOO bad than why dont you leave?

G

GANGSTAEIGHT

SaVelli said:
Whenever one particular group tries to play God

theres gonna be Major Conflicts

And In my opinion in these times, that particular group is located in America!!
history repeats itself............

May 9, 2002
HAH HAH Mr Freeze

Im originally from a Middle Eastern Refugee-Family
and Im livin in Europe !!!!

so that ''LEAVE'' argument couldnt be directed at me

maybe My Background explains my Opinions but i dont feel like my statements are ignorant

M

MrFreeze

Mezzano said:

its funny huh. everybodys down to shoot em up bang bang but then they turn around and turn into I-love-police government bootlickers. if you love the government so much, how can you listen to gangsta rap?
got nothin to do with music man. im sayin everybody talks shit about our government and how fucked up it is, but when it comes down to it whos government isnt fucked up? they all are and i think people should stop complaining and relize we have it pretty good thats all. mezzano-no offense meant at you so lets let it go.

M

MrFreeze

SaVelli said:
HAH HAH Mr Freeze

Im originally from a Middle Eastern Refugee-Family
and Im livin in Europe !!!!

so that ''LEAVE'' argument couldnt be directed at me

maybe My Background explains my Opinions but i dont feel like my statements are ignorant

so you left the middle east to go to europe? i dont get what that has to do with anything. you DID leave.

Apr 26, 2002
www.PROJECTAFFILIATED.com
I AGREE--NUFF SAID

-WHY IS THE ARGUMENT OF "LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT" ALWAYZ BROUGHT UP--->IT IS A LAME ARGUMENT THAT HAS NO VALUE.

-DO U REALLY WANT US 2 LEAVE---IMAGINE IF THE GOVERNMENT WERE ALLOWED 2 DO NE THING IT WANTED<SHIT ON THE CONSTITUTION - LIKE THEY ARE TRYING 2 DO NOW----

THE FACT IS 71101 HAPPEND BECAUSE OF U.S. FORIEGN POLICY>>AND INSTEAD OF ADMITING 2 THE MISTAKE AND "RESPECTING" THERE NEIGHBORS THEY CONTINUE 2 DO THE SAME THING THEY HAVE ALWAYZ DONE.

AND IF U REALLY BELIEVE THAT THE GOVERNMENT IS HERE 2 PROTECT US THEN U NEED 2 WAKE UP CUZ THERE HERE 2 PROTECT ONLY THE RICH!!!!

May 9, 2002
Umm nah Homie I didnt do Shit I was a Baby

My Family kept gettin harrassed for speakin their Mind so im not sayin the Middle East is a politically balanced Place

But Stop all that ''America's the BEST'' Bullshit cuz I see way more Separation and Social Injustice in America than most Countries that claim to be Democratic

I think if u seriously dont agree wit these self-proclaimed Democratic governments (Where -the Fuk-ever ) u'll get dealt wit just for dpeakin ur mind

and that is truely sad

G

GANGSTAEIGHT

JESTER said:
AND IF U REALLY BELIEVE THAT THE GOVERNMENT IS HERE 2 PROTECT US THEN U NEED 2 WAKE UP CUZ THERE HERE 2 PROTECT ONLY THE RICH!!!!
...and themselves...

Apr 25, 2002
You can't negotiate with people that are willing to sacrifice their lives to kill mass amounts of others . . .

God damn Hippies . . . . It's tiring to read these posts, especially 90% of what Mezzano says is total bullshit . . . and I know youre gonna say , "prove it" . . . I don't have the energy to type back . . .

It's very ironic that people like Mezzano feel they are "informed" because they read and study up on all day . . . . when in reality they are the ones that are off point

In a situation like this, you have to let the government handle things and hope they will do a good job. There's a lotta shit the general public can't know about . . . If they're detaining arabs . . I say GOOD . . . Profile those people . . . cuz I can tell you right now . . . the next person to suicide bomb is NOT gonna be a whitey named Joe Smith . . REAL TALK.

but in all honesty . . . leave if you don't like it . . seriously

May 9, 2002
DAMN we just aint goin anywhere wit this

I agree wit Mezzano's standpoints cuz I represent a minority wit an history of opression but maybe he started this thread in the wrong Forum.

I dunno Mane

Threads like this seem to be too idealistic cuz they might have the best intentions but wont change a damn thang

Even on a GANGSTA RAP Message Board

a Board for the same type of Music your beloved Government tried to ban and censor as much as they could and now allows to grow in its commercialized version

May 8, 2002
America

The West exploits every country it is involved with in the world...
Colonialism, imperialism, and multinational corporations have left deep deep wounds in hundereds of countries.. This isnt rhetoric or bullshit... this is fact... we have done this... this is why we are hated all over the world... this is why people are willing to kill themselves to see westerners die... Our foreign policy is not what makes this country great.. our foreign policy acts in the interest of the corporations and 5% of the population that controls 85% of the US's wealth.. When you make enemies all over the world.. you cant expect them not to want to exact revenge... Do you think they drew first blood? hah... We drew first blood... And now we are paying the consequences.. You reap what you sow friends... You people saying that these statements made are bullshit are being extremly ignorant... Dont just deny the facts because this is what you are being fed by right wing propaganda... If people didnt stand up to injustices not consistent with what America was supposed to be founded on then we would be in grave danger... These people are not "fucking hippies" they are true patriots.. standing up for what America is supposed to be.

Apr 25, 2002
Uppin for the sleepers.

We need more artists to use their positions in society to uplift their community and the people, like this, rather than malt liqour companies and the price of platnium.