Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 15, 2009
@BHREE

I'm not going to thread block you, so hurry up and make the weekly Niners game thread negga. It has felt good knowing we beat the Eagles, but its on to the Bucs

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Peter King finally showing some love

Fine Fifteen
Haloti Ngata and the Ravens forced four fumbles by Mark Sanchez, three of which Baltimore recovered.
Haloti Ngata and the Ravens forced four fumbles by Mark Sanchez, three of which Baltimore recovered.
Nick Waas/AP

1. Green Bay (4-0). I don't know how you play better than Aaron Rodgers right now: 73 percent accuracy, 331 passing yards a game, 12 touchdowns, two picks.

2. Baltimore (3-1). Can you imagine what it feels like to take a blindside hit, full-speed, to your kidney and spine from a 322-pound man like Haloti Ngata? Mark Sanchez felt that with eight minutes left in the first half Sunday night, and I do believe he'll be feeling it every day when he wakes up for the next month. Or longer.

3. New England (3-1). Unless Tom Brady breaks Dan Marino's passing-yardage record by 1,000 or so, it's only a matter of time before the Patriots' defense ruins this team. Yards allowed in the first four games this year: 488, 470, 448, 504.

4. Detroit (4-0). Why doesn't every expert in the world, in the media and on coaching staffs, just shut up about Calvin Johnson. You're embarrassing yourselves. But give this team its due. What a strong first quarter of the season. (See stat of the week.)

5. New Orleans (3-1). Saints are 2-0 since ALS-stricken Steve Gleason delivered an impassioned speech to the team about the meaning of football and life nine days ago.

6. Houston (3-1). Other than a fourth-quarter meltdown at New Orleans eight days ago, the Texans' defense is different. Much more competent than in year's past.

7. Tampa Bay (2-1). Still feeling their way, but I'd be surprised if the Bucs didn't rout the Colts tonight.

8. Washington (3-1). In our collective obsession with the Washington quarterback situation, we sort of forgot that Bruce Allen and Mike Shanahan have collected some good defensive talent, and Jim Haslett has molded them into a group that's giving up just 297 yards a game through four weeks. Pardon us.

9. Tennessee (3-1). Allowed 16, 13, 14 and 13 points so far. They haven't played a great offense yet. Just thought I'd mention this league is playing no defense at the quarter pole -- and the Titans are.

10. Buffalo (3-1). Not a killer, but that's the kind of loss that could come back to haunt the Bills with the 1-3 Eagles (must-win for them), 3-1 Giants and 3-1 Redskins on the horizon next.

11. San Francisco (3-1). Alex Smith has completed 67 percent of his passes with only one interception thus far. Could be that Jim Harbaugh is the best thing that ever happened to Smith.

12. New York Giants (3-1). I don't think Eli Manning knew the rule about a runner giving himself up when he met the media after the game. It is a weird rule.

13. San Diego (3-1). Interesting that the Chargers are winning with Philip Rivers having more interceptions (6) than touchdowns (5). He really misses Antonio Gates, and the tight end could be missing with his plantar fasciitis for a while.

14. New York Jets (2-2). The Jets have a lot in common with about two-thirds of the teams in the league: They're awful at protecting the quarterback.

15. Chicago (2-2). When Devin Hester caught the ball he'd return for his 11th career punt return for touchdown, Tony Dungy, next to me in the NBC viewing room, said to the TV: "Don't kick it to him!''

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/10/02/week.4/index.html#ixzz1ZltFkbpd

if we beat Trampa bay, we should be top 5 next week, lets see other sites power rankings tomorrow

Jan 5, 2006
we shut down McCoy, and our defense handled that shit, we ran all over that secondary too.. look at Crabtree he beat Aso, made Page miss then when Aso caught up he missed, then Chaney finally wrapped him up

May 24, 2006
www.fucku.com
Good shit on niners goin 3-1 at the quarter mark. Stated it before but y'all signed some great role players this off season. Not any big named FA's but SOLID players that know their job. Rather surprised y'all r 3-1 but fuck it, good shit for u fans. I knew from the get go like most that harbaugh was gonna be a great coach n great pick up. Now let's hope he can last more than 2 years. Future is lookin bright for u 9er fans.

My raiders shoulda been 3-1 as well but we collapsed vs the god damn bills. Either way I like the direction we're heading in n big fan of our new coach as well. Hue Jackson is the man!

Jan 12, 2006
Is Anthony getting replaced? MaioccoCSNMatt Maiocco 49ers No.3 RB Anthony Dixon has 1 carry for 6 yards while playing just 2 snaps from scrimmage in first 4 games. Source: 49ers worked out RBs Dimitri Nance (Arizona State), Jalen Permele (Toledo) and Tyrell Sutton (Northwestern).

Dec 4, 2006
Is Anthony getting replaced? MaioccoCSNMatt Maiocco 49ers No.3 RB Anthony Dixon has 1 carry for 6 yards while playing just 2 snaps from scrimmage in first 4 games. Source: 49ers worked out RBs Dimitri Nance (Arizona State), Jalen Permele (Toledo) and Tyrell Sutton (Northwestern).
Don't think so, they didn't sign any of them RB's ...

but I'm sure the 49ers are looking into a WR....