HAVING COMPUTER ISSUES...VIRUSES,SPYWARE, ETC...INFO HERE

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 18, 2003
There should be a forum dedicated to computing. I'd be much more willing to help people out if I could better pinpoint who is having problems. I know there are others out there as well who can help with HijackThis logs, getting rid of integrated spyware, hardware issues etc.

May 1, 2003
Nitro the Guru said:
There should be a forum dedicated to computing. I'd be much more willing to help people out if I could better pinpoint who is having problems. I know there are others out there as well who can help with HijackThis logs, getting rid of integrated spyware, hardware issues etc.
Yeah , i agree. I'm willing to help out.

Jan 14, 2006
doberman clear your pm's please ha.....

but ...i failed in burning the videos

the original real media videos were about 40 MB each probobaly less...when they were dont they were about 70-75 MB in WMV format...is there someway i can fit all 20 of them onto a dvd i have DVD-8 ..when i go to nero and add videos it only lets me add 7 videos which is supposed to be about 490 MB if it would stay the same size.... i even went to video option and lowered the bit rate thing down to custom and put it in the lowest bit rate which was about 1600 KBITS and i also lowere the D level or whatever to 1/4 and the sampling measure (whatever that is)went into progressive

so now i need help to find out either in what format i should RE-encode them or how i can fit them all in one DVD....please help and thanks

May 1, 2003
Ricky530Furl said:
doberman clear your pm's please ha.....

but ...i failed in burning the videos

the original real media videos were about 40 MB each probobaly less...when they were dont they were about 70-75 MB in WMV format...is there someway i can fit all 20 of them onto a dvd i have DVD-8 ..when i go to nero and add videos it only lets me add 7 videos which is supposed to be about 490 MB if it would stay the same size.... i even went to video option and lowered the bit rate thing down to custom and put it in the lowest bit rate which was about 1600 KBITS and i also lowere the D level or whatever to 1/4 and the sampling measure (whatever that is)went into progressive

so now i need help to find out either in what format i should RE-encode them or how i can fit them all in one DVD....please help and thanks

Real Media is proprietary. The only program that really works is the RMConverter. Due to encoding Real Media files are very small. When you convert them to other formats, those files also become bigger to the respective format you are converting them too. Depending on settings you can decrease the size a little bit . but it will still be a huge difference than what it was in Real Media. If you have 20 videos and they all are 70-75 mb after you convert them , you can still put them on a regular DVD.
You don't have to worry about the bit rate. Set it to the best quality possible. It's not like you are going to stream them from a web server. It really doesn't matter what format you go to from Real Media...you don't have much room to work with any way. Go with MPeg 2 then burn to dvd. Or....you can send me 1 or two files through yousendit so we can get to the bottom of this. PMs are somewhat clear. get at me.

May 4, 2002
my counterstrike stopped working here is something similar to whats happening i pulled from a fourm , no one could help him so now im lookin here.. my specs are different from his

A few weeks ago my source started giving me connection problems a few minuits after I connect to any server and lasts for about 10 or 15 seconds, when it stops every player is listed as unconnected and there are no player models in game it only displays they're firearms and grenades. My specs are p4 3.0 , gig of ram, and GeForce FX 5700LE. Help would be greatly appreciated

Hemp

Sicc OG
Sep 5, 2005
i only use three tools that keep my computer top notch.

Hijackthis, used to get rid of all startup items including hidden ones for spyware and trojans, also has many tools that are used to view the process and see whats good and whats not.

Ccleaner, used to remove all history and save me space, also has a "bug cleaner" which scans the registery for missing keys or whatever and only deletes them.

and Ad-aware, used to scan for spyware.

with those three tools, if you master them , especially Hijackthis, you can remove anything from spyware, to trojan, to custom made "hackware" .

whatever you want to download from the three, just google "download hijackthis" or whatever the name is.

Kah707Kali, download Hijackthis and run the scanner to remove the spyware homepage whcih is the gambling page you spoke about.

and for those using hijackthis, because it removes all startup items, it means you would need to restard once done scanning to notice the difference.

i hope this helps you guys

Hemp

Sicc OG
Sep 5, 2005
damn man, wtf is all of this, you got too many things for me to look through.
do this first then, go to start, run, type "msconfig" hit enter.
go to the Startup tab, deselect all.
hit ok.
restart your computer
then do hijackthis and show me the log. it will take a load off of this list

also, i always scan mind and remove everything, but thats only because i dont want anything to start other than the system files.
to me it seems like you got norton n a bunch of shit for startup, and if you dont use those then just remove them because they slow your pc down.
you can keep norton n whatever you want to startup checked tho, everything else just remove.
before you do that, go to the msconfig window again, and click on Launch system Restore. and then select "Create a restore point"
do that then do what i told you up there.

keep these tho:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ISSVC.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe

and make sure you are at the right scanner, not the process list viewer.

EDIT: as long as you Create a restore point, if the pc fucks up and you cant get online, restart the pc, keep pressing F8 on the keyboard until the menu shows up, go to start in safe mode.
when the pc start its gonna look different, but go to start , run, type msconfig again and click on Launch system restore, go to Restore to an earlier time, and click on today. then next n so on.

Jun 23, 2002
Hooking up computer to TV

So how the hell do I do this? I got a pretty old Compaq desktop and a Sharp TV with a couple video outputs. I downloaded a buncha shit and I wanna watch that shit on TV. I dont have a DVD burner, either. So, any advice?

Dec 2, 2004
CDRW/DVD drive is not working properly. Last week the drive had trouble recognizing disks (burned or original) and would work after popping it in and out two or three times. Now the drive will not even read them It doesn't recognize the cd as even being in the drive.

I tried going into the device manager and removing the drivers. When I rebotted it regonized the new hardware and reinstalled again with the same problem. Then I tried updating the drivers and that didn't work either. I'm at a loss here.

I went to afterdawn to see if they can do anything. only 7 pages of nothing. finally they told me go buy a new driver. Anyone else want to take a shot at this and see if you can help me?

Mar 18, 2003
^ Sounds like your drive is just bad.

I would take the drive out, replace the IDE cable with another one that I know is working, clean everything off and put it back in. If that doesn't work I would open up the actual device, clean the lens and make sure everything looks okay.

My #1 suggestion though, is to buy a new one. They are pretty cheap.

Dec 2, 2004
i can afford a drive right now. take it out? how...? ide cable? would i have to go out and buy one or for some odd reason i should have another ide cable? i dont even know what that is.