Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
i know i've responded about your mac dre statement, and i'm honestly not offended by it, i only respond the way i do (in a joking manner) out of boredom...

i'm sure you stand firm on your statement, so i'm sure whatever i say won't alter your opinion.

hell, i even know some people born and raised in vallejo that have never liked either mac dre or e-40, but that's them; they're entitled to their own opinion just like anyone else, and i can't change their opinions, nor do i care if they like or dislike mac dre or e-40...
Don't get me wrong I like songs by both, I even think YBB: The Album by MD is a bay area classic. I just think they are both highly overrated. Same goes with Biggie but I like his music overall a lot more, still overrated though because there were much better rappers than him in NYC at that point in my opinion, Big L for example.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
for me it was the trifecta of pretty bitch, the remix with messy marv & pretty bitch is back

[video=youtube;EBUw-fWK2Ic]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBUw-fWK2Ic[/video]

you go thru the normal phases of listening because its funny and the beats are dope until basedgod proved to be consistent with the slaps & innovation and you can no longer deny the basedgod

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
i would hold e-40 as most overrated bay rapper personally but thats just me
Yeah but 40 had the Federal & In a Major Way back to back classic combo. That's also not counting the back to back The Click classic combo (Down & Dirty and Game Related) stuff so off those alone he isn't as overrated as Mac Dre, to me at least. Everything foward I'm not a fan of minus a few songs and everything of the past decade has been more or less garbage.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I think the thing to me with 40 is that he has his unique style and flow of course. On those 4 albums it just sounded natural and that was just how he rapped. It was dope, it was fresh, and he didn't sound like anyone else. He also made up his own slang. After those albums as he got bigger and bigger he started really embellishing his rapping style to almost an over the top level. Like it just sounded forced and that he was doing it because "Hey that's how E-40 is supposed to sound." Plus his slang just got really stupid over the years (not that slang isn't stupid anyways) and those combined just killed it for me.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
obviously i like mac dres later work until his death so thats what puts him ahead of 40 on a personal level but i actually was still rocking with 40 until my ghetto report card(which wasnt completely terrible) after that he really fell off imo

Dec 2, 2011
Mhu thulan
illuminatiguy.tumblr.com
i would hold e-40 as most overrated bay rapper personally but thats just me
im drunk and first i read 40 is overrated rapper and i was like "in whole rap industry?" and i was like "yo he ain't no eminem" who is imo most overrated. next to jay-z. and people who think kanye west is actually amazing rapper

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
yea thats definitely what changed my opinion + everyone dickriding all those weak albums
i mean i liked a few songs on each project, but i just felt like since "my ghetto report card" the quality of e-40's music has just dropped. and just like everyone else has said, he should've just narrowed it down to the best 10+ tracks instead of releasing multi disc projects. in addition to that, i didn't like majority of the features he had on those albums and i wasn't feelin a good portion of the beat selection....

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I still like some of 40s music from his newer albums, but just a few songs here and there, and the replay value is very low. When he drops a new double album I'll listen to about 1/3 of the songs for a couple weeks, then rarely, if ever, listen to it again.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
40 was already oversaturating himself by then, all the double albums just killed it for me, dont even want to give him a chance now, whereas a rapper like cormega who has been around for a while but only drops quality albums with several years inbetween releases i'm going to continue to check for