Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
@<a href="http://www.siccness.net/vb/member.php?u=1381" target="_blank">Nuttkase</a> do you like Lil B too? Or do you just find some of his music/videos entertaining due to how ridiculous he is?
I do like quite a few of his songs yes. But I fall into more into the ridiculous/entertaining/trolling/haha wtf? section. I also really like a lot of the beats he chooses and the up and coming/random producers he uses (not on that song though). I actually really like the last song he put out before this one... actually I liked more or less 4 or 5 out of the last 6 or so.

[video=youtube;v_QSMqnANNM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_QSMqnANNM[/video]

I mean I went to his show up here, got really drunk, had a good time and upped my based level. A lot more fun than 90% of other rap concerts I've been to.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I understand lil b probably is not serio with all his music... And I've seen people say that he is actually sending out a message of how ridiculous hip hop music really is today... Blah blah blah. Im sure he's far from being serious with a lot of the music he makes, I just wonder if people really think the music is good or if the whole thing is just a big joke and his fans are also trolling everyone and laughing at the lil b haters get angry and pound their fists talking about how wack he is

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
What are you getting at? The fact that lil b is actually trolling everybody?
Somewhat yes. He also created a huge internet meme around himself and has a pretty damn big cult following, for various reasons. I mean he sold out a venue up here that holds around 1000 people. The funny part is people have bit Lil B left and right, from underground hip-hop, to current gangsta rap, all the way up to the big names. Dude tries different things and I respect anyone for that. Is he technically a good rapper? No, but that's not what he's going for. But he does say some really on point stuff, is funny as fuck a lot of the time and just doing himself. All the weird gear, stupid song titles, and stuff he says is to keep people like you saying what you did above and people like myself laughing. It's whatever.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I do like quite a few of his songs yes. But I fall into more into the ridiculous/entertaining/trolling/haha wtf? section. I also really like a lot of the beats he chooses and the up and coming/random producers he uses (not on that song though). I actually really like the last song he put out before this one... actually I liked more or less 4 or 5 out of the last 6 or so.

[video=youtube;v_QSMqnANNM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_QSMqnANNM[/video]

I mean I went to his show up here, got really drunk, had a good time and upped my based level. A lot more fun than 90% of other rap concerts I've been to.
I feel that. I agree that he has some good songs, mainly just due to production. I just think he's an awful rapper, even on songs where he's being more serious. I guess I'm not as entertained by the ridiculous cooking songs and whatnot. For a period of time I could see the humor in it at least, now its just the same retarded shit over and over again. Just my opinion though.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
you take rap too seriously meta
I dunno... Im probably coming across as one of these angry lil b haters. I'm really not. Im just stating how I feel about the music. No different than you saying you don't like a particular artist, which I've seen you do many times. I have no problem with you guys listening to lil b, not at all. Im just interested in your guys perspective on what you like about him. I respect him for what he's been able to do. Just not feeling it.