Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
I'll get into these phases where I post uncontrollably on the siccness and then I won't fuck with it for a minute.....I'm at the post uncontrollably phase right now

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Yeah we were Loews, then AMC bought out Loews as a whole and were AMC for like 6 months but they had to sell us due to some kind of monopoly law because we are a block away from another AMC. We did not get shit for that whole time, like all shitty movies or blockbusters in their 3rd month, because they had to put all the profits in the bank for whoever bought the theatre. I want to say the location opened as a Cineplex Odon but that might not be right and was long before I worked there.

Props: Defy and Defy

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
There's 6 plexes that exist that aren't dollar theaters? lol I think the Smallest theater I've been to around here is a 14 plex and it's a mall theater.
Whoa... it might actually be a dollar theatre I don't know. I am going to find out ASAP and going to laugh even harder if it is. It might be because I know Puyallup also has a different Regal 14 plex with an actual Imax attached. Oh man I really hope it's a dollar theatre that would be too fucking funny.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
when I worked for the theater in SF we were consistently in the top 3 busiest theaters in the country for most of the years....it started going downhill tho as I left then there was another theater that opened directly across the street, lol

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Regal has quite a few mega plexs but most are in Cali and down south might be some in AZ I don't know. We had a dude transfer from one that said you needed to make an appointment if you needed to talk to the GM and he actually only saw the guy like half a dozen times in the year he worked there. Dude also had like five of what would be the equivalent to our first assistant. I'm guessing at places that big the GM just literally does tons and tons of paperwork and behind the scene type shit and his actual first assistant is more the equivalent of our GM.

Off the top of my head I don't think we have any theatres with more than 16 like us in WA. Actually I think there are some 16 plexs that also have an Imax as well in addition, that's about it.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Harkins has way nicer screens and they got the loyalty cup, buy the cup for $5 and you can use it for an entire year and get $1.50 drinks lol
Disgusting story time. Well before we were a Regal at my location, and before I even worked for the company, I guess they had these cups they sold for a few years called Regalators. You bought it for a certain price and it was $1.00 refills for technically ever. They are made a little better than our 54oz plastic cups (thicker plastic) and are a bit smaller, maybe like 40oz range. Anyways they literally haven't sold these things since 2002 and we still get them a few times a year and they are always from the grossest straight up slob looking people and the cups are always so fucking nasty looking you don't even want to touch them. When I was floor staff a lady handed me one that the white plastic on the inside was stained different soda colors. I mean we haven't even sold the fucking things in like a decade and a half so who knows how old some of them are lol They had their own lids we'd get a stack of once a year force shipped but then they discontinued making them and now it's a free refill but they don't get a lid lol.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
hey Nuttkase @Nuttkase , how many people died at the theater you worked at?
I remember you saying a few did at yours but at ours the closest was a dude was technically dead but the off duty SPD there that night brought him back to life long enough for the medics to come shock him a few times and he lived. If he would have been found a few minutes later he wouldn't have made it from the sound of things. But 0.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Disgusting story time. Well before we were a Regal at my location, and before I even worked for the company, I guess they had these cups they sold for a few years called Regalators. You bought it for a certain price and it was $1.00 refills for technically ever. They are made a little better than our 54oz plastic cups (thicker plastic) and are a bit smaller, maybe like 40oz range. Anyways they literally haven't sold these things since 2002 and we still get them a few times a year and they are always from the grossest straight up slob looking people and the cups are always so fucking nasty looking you don't even want to touch them. When I was floor staff a lady handed me one that the white plastic on the inside was stained different soda colors. I mean we haven't even sold the fucking things in like a decade and a half so who knows how old some of them are lol They had their own lids we'd get a stack of once a year force shipped but then they discontinued making them and now it's a free refill but they don't get a lid lol.
That's nasty as fuck

Harkins is smart about it, they release a new cup every year that has the actual year listed on it and you can only use it from January 1st to December 31st that year. They probably do it like that because of what you just said.