Do u think da curront state of rap/hip-hop is be makin da youth stupid as fuck??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
i believe that in some way yes, but its more general than that-the internet itself.

the amount of thinking involved in every day life nowadays is much less than what it used to be.

the easily accessible media formats such as the internet have contributed to the decreased thinking needed to find information. in turn, making us all stupid in a way.

watch the documentary called "The Definition of Stupidity" much better answers on it.

and for the question, yes rap/hip-hop has made the youth really stupid.
....just go look at some of the songs and artists that promote these stupid ass things people do: ecstasy movement by thizz. promoting all kinds of stupid stuff. if you dont think rap/hip-hop is stupid as hell just go listen to soulja boy.
nobody disputes the correlation, the question is what the causative relationships are

Apr 25, 2002
Class of 76 'cleverer' than kids of today
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20081027/tuk-class-of-76-cleverer-than-kids-of-to-dba1618.html

Clever teenagers of today are not as bright as kids in the class of 1976, according to researchers.

The intellect of even the brainiest 14-year-olds has deteriorated dramatically over the decades despite an increase in the number of pupils achieving top grades in exams.

Their cognitive abilities are level with those of 12-year-olds in 1976, the study found.

Researchers at King's College London compared the mental agility of 800 bright 13 and 14-year-olds with similar tests carried out some three decades ago.

The tests - designed to assess grasp of abstract scientific concepts such as volume, density, quantity and weight - found far fewer youngsters hit top scores than in 1976.

In one test, average achievement remained roughly the same as in 1976.

But only just over one in ten pupils were able to demonstrate a "higher level of thinking" compared to one in four in 1976.

In a test to measure mathematical abilities, only one in 20 of today's teenagers were top scorers, down from one in five in 1976.

Professor Michael Shayer, who led the study, said the brainpower slump may be down to over-testing in schools.

He said: "The moment you introduce targets, people will find the most economical strategies to achieve them.

"In the case of education, I'm sure this has had an effect on driving schools away from developing higher levels of understanding."

In previous research, Professor Shayer concluded that the cognitive abilities of 11-year-olds were up to three years behind where they were in 1975.

Dec 2, 2006
parental guidance is lacking.

music is an expression but isn't reality. maybee to some, but ultimately kids lack guidance. it was said already, allowing these liars to glamorize a lifestyle they only fantasize about is the problem. any real individual wants to better their surroundings, community, environment. If not, there just mis guided and or brainwashed.

Feb 8, 2006
rappers are fake 99% of the time, but yet some people take their words as fact. Sad that they are role models instead of parents.

Jan 31, 2008
i agree, but i would rephrase that as "the stupid leading the stupid" in order to fit it into the context of what i stated.
its a complicated thing to grasp but things only get stupid when stupidity adopts it.

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
^SHUT YOUR FAKE ASS ON UP.

LOL @ you STILL not getting the whole idea behind his screen name.

SMH

Guess what EDJ, im so hungry i could eat a HORSE! Can you believe it? A whole horse? Are you going to ask me why I would eat a horse...an ENTIRE horse?
HIM EVEN AKNOWLEDgIN' THE WORD LIKE IT SUPPOSE TO MEAN SOMETHIN' SHOWS A LOT. FOR ONE, THE SHIT SHOULD BE SHUNNED, NOT PROMOTED WITH SARCASM. WHAT 206 IS ASKIN IS EXACTLY WHAT CUZZ IS A REPRESENTATION OF. THE gAME SO FAKE, YOU gOT ALL THIS gLAMORIZED FAKE SHIT POPPIN' OFF, THAT IT TRICCLES DOWN TO THE UNDA-gROUND, AND IS EXACTLY WHAT YAW NEW BOOTY gENERATION IS PERPETUATIN'.

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
^DON'T MAKE NO SENSE WHITE CUZZ. TRYIN' TO BE FUNNY BUT SOUND LIKE A TYPICAL OUTSIDER BEIN' CHEESY AND SHOWIN' HIS IgNORANCE(JUST LIKE THE CHOICE FOR A SCREEN NAME).

May 9, 2002
HIM EVEN AKNOWLEDgIN' THE WORD LIKE IT SUPPOSE TO MEAN SOMETHIN' SHOWS A LOT.
LOL...now youre just nit picking. Him acknowledging the word is part of the sarcasm of his name.

FOR ONE, THE SHIT SHOULD BE SHUNNED, NOT PROMOTED WITH SARCASM.
Says who, you? Who are you and why does your opinion on something mean more than someone elses?

WHAT 206 IS ASKIN IS EXACTLY WHAT CUZZ IS A REPRESENTATION OF.
No, what 206 is askin has ZERO to do with SeriouslyThugs Siccness handle, and everything to do with you being obsessed with what other people think and why they dont understand why YOU think something is wrong.

THE gAME SO FAKE, YOU gOT ALL THIS gLAMORIZED FAKE SHIT POPPIN' OFF, THAT IT TRICCLES DOWN TO THE UNDA-gROUND, AND IS EXACTLY WHAT YAW NEW BOOTY gENERATION IS PERPETUATIN'.
Who is "yaw"? Are you referring to me? Homie, im the SAME gernaeration as YOU.

Look, th3e fact that you are so adamant about someone's screen name, makes you a borderline stalker. Who gives a FLYING FUCK...what his screen name is? Its exactly that...A SCREE NAME ON AN INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD.

And please dump the god complex you seem to flex aroun here. Just becuase YOU dont believe in the word "thug", doesnt mean someone else doesnt. Get over yourself, please.

PS - I have a good feeling that dude is not white...but i could be wrong.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
HipHop is what it is because corporate marketing got behind it...

and yes it make the kids more dumb when they can list more ritzy brand names, then state capitals.

Music was suppose to reflect life and visa-verse... and no its fantasy. No matter what people say music has influence and impact ( we can argue on the level of it) Music impacts the culture... and its impact lately has been more into material greediness