Boxing schedule for the month of February

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 18, 2006
yeah hes a little cocky for someone who hasnt beat any really good fighters yet but Perez had no loses just 2 draws

Jan 18, 2006
[h=6]Maidana needs to go back down to 140 way more effective. Alexander is boxing well but i still think hes soft always tying up and shit.[/h]

Jan 18, 2006
well looks like hella people are saying Maidana should go back down to 140 on twitter. Alexander should stay at this weight. To me its not even that good of a win for Devon cuz hes not fighting someone at there best

Feb 3, 2006
Let's see Bradley beat Devon and Peterson with no problem. Peterson beat Khan and Devon beats Maidana with no problem. Khan was regarded as the man at 140lb and Bradley was so-called ducking him. Now look at Khan and Bradley's resume at 140lb, who has better resume and wins.

Feb 3, 2006
I'm not sure what Ortiz has to do with this but OK. I don't remember Khan or Bradley fighting him, but Peterson did get a draw against Ortiz so what's your point?

May 6, 2002
Broner did step up. He fought De Leon and we saw what happened.
So they toned it down. You rarely see people move down in opposition after a "win", unless they believe he needs more time.

No way Broner moves up to take on Rios. Way too much pressure for his style. He would get clobbered.
Gamboa would would be a good one. Realistically, Broner needs to step it up...regardless of who it is.

Khan vs Alexander would be good as well. I'm having doubts about Khan lately though...

Feb 3, 2006
I think Broner learnt from the De Leon fight to step up the action and punch output. Rios/Gamboa vs Broner at 135lb I'm in. Broner power and hand speed will give anyone problems. Broner did just KO a undefeated fighter in 4 rounds lets not forget.

Aug 31, 2003
www.ebay.com
I don't see an issue with Broner camping out at 130 and trying to prove he's the best in that division at the moment. He's only 22 years old, has clear boxing skills, and again he's only 22. No need to rush the kid, he's fighting the type of guys he should be fighting at his stage, solid fighters but not necessarily top fighters.

As for Alexander, I don't give this win as much credit as I normally would. The last time I saw Alexander looked this good was against Urango .. who has the same plodding come forward, take punches style. Alexander's shown he can fight guys like this and fight them well. I'm interested in who he fights next..

Feb 8, 2006
great night of fights! Broner is a big problem for anyone, too much power for that division. hes still getting better too. Devon Alexander put on a show like I knew he would, if he would of relaxed more in the ring he would of knocked Maidana out. that was a legit knockdown I dont know why it was called off. Maidana needs to go back to 140, 147 is not for him at all. he looked soft in the ring

Feb 3, 2006
proving what? you're telling me there isn't a massive difference in skill between perez & gamboa/rios??
No what I'm telling you is stop acting like Gamboa or Rios are some great elite fighters that are on a different level then Broner. We don't know what level these young guys are on because they all still have proving to do in the ring. The hate for Broner is strong and people are already trying to discredit the kids boxing skills. Remember Burns gave up his belt not to fight Broner.