Boxing News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

trips

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2006
Shane Mosley Jr. Making pro debut on Bradley vs Pacquiao Undercard?

Sources close to the information have informed us that there's a strong possibility that Shane Mosley Jr. , son of three-division world champion "Sugar" Shane Mosley, will be making his professional debut on the undercard of Manny Pacquaio's next fight. Top Rank has expressed an interest in possibly signing the son of the future Hall of Famer.

trips

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2006
Does Bradley stand a chance with Arum already selling Pac/Marquez 5?

By kevin Davis

Timothy Bradley will be facing and defending his title again superstar slugger Manny Pacquiao on April 12th, but Top Rank President and Owner Bob Arum, seem to have other plans on his mind. Arum has been in contact with Juan Manuel Marquez people for the last two weeks, discussing a possible match-up against Pacquiao for a fifth time.

Arum stated that Marquez would be willing to do the bout if Pacquiao wins the world title, which seems to matter to Marquez. I just wonder why would anyone want to see that bout again, when the outcome seems to never change. Marquez would need a knockout to get his hand raised against Pacquiao. They are more interesting bouts that Pacquiao can make, that the fans are not leaning on him to take, like they lean on Mayweather.

Props: CZAR and CZAR
Jul 24, 2005
Broner's Trainer: "back To 140 After Maidana Rematch"

by David P. Greisman
Mike Stafford has two relationships with Adrien Broner — he is a father figure who has known Broner since he was a child, and he is the trainer who helped guide that kid as he won world titles in three weight classes.
And so after Broner got knocked down twice and lost a unanimous decision to Marcos Maidana this past December, Stafford was split on whether Broner’s desire to seek an immediate rematch was the best choice.
Stafford the father figure felt one way. Stafford the trainer felt another.
Stafford spoke with BoxingScene.com on Jan. 24.
BoxingScene.com: We know that Adrien wants a rematch with Marcos Maidana. You’re his trainer. Did you want an immediate rematch with Maidana for Broner?
Stafford: “You know, as a father figure, no, but as a trainer, I’ve got to go with my gut feeling, I’ve got to go with my fighter. He’s a champion. He wants that rematch. But my heart says let’s wait down the road, but as a trainer, I got to go with my fighter.”

BoxingScene.com: Why does your heart tell you that?
Stafford: “Because I’d rather for him to just take his time and really think things out and see. Just like a fight in the street, you’re fighting somebody and the first thing is you’ve got people saying this and saying that, and you don’t know if you want to come back because of the people and stuff like that. But other than that, I’m looking at this health-wise, making sure he’s right and all that.”
BoxingScene.com: What do you think happened in that fight?
Stafford: “He just got — Maidana hit him with a, like I tell everybody, he hit the lotto. He got the first punch in. And the first punch, it made him, it was a tough time [for Broner] to get himself back together. He got the first shot in, and the shot was a good shot. Adrien withstood it. It took him a few rounds, but he came back. Anybody else probably would’ve quit.”
BoxingScene.com: I feel like weight was an issue, whether it was the way Adrien made weight or just coming in at the weight he did. Adrien looked a little slower with his reflexes and his reaction time than he normally does. Did you see anything like that?
Stafford: “No, he just got caught, that’s all. He just got caught with a good shot, that’s all. I mean, if you saw him in the later rounds, he didn’t look slow. He just got caught. It took time to get himself back together, that’s all it was.”

BoxingScene.com: How do you deal defensively with what Maidana brought to the table, if he brings it to the table again in the rematch?
Stafford: “Well, we’ll just stick to our game. We won’t get hit by them crazy shots. You know, over behind the head — he was hitting Adrien behind the head, stuff like that.”
BoxingScene.com: Do you think you need a different strategy this time?
Stafford: “We’re going to box him. Adrien can box. People don’t realize, saying that he stood in front of him, but Adrien, he can box. He don’t get hit like that with stuff like that. He just got hit a couple of times, and the times he got hit, he got hit flush. But normally, if Adrien would box him, and just throw our combinations and do what we got to do to win. You got to realize, two more rounds and we’d have had Maidana out.”
BoxingScene.com: As a father figure, do you think that maybe being a welterweight is too much for Broner if those flush shots are causing that kind of damage early on?
Stafford: “Well, you know, I would say Adrien is a full-fledged lightweight, ’35, ’40-pounder. We had to make him eat to make weight. Most welterweights like Maidana are coming down from 180, 185. We really weren’t actually going to fight at welterweight. We was going to go back down to ’40 anyway, you know what I’m saying?”

BoxingScene.com: So why stay at welterweight and do this rematch?
Stafford: “Because of the fact of what happened. He wanted to get his rematch. If we would’ve gotten the decision, we’d have gone down to 140 anyway. It just so happens that the timing was we had to go up to 147 to get the 147 title. Then we got the 147 title because we couldn’t fight nobody at ’40 or ’35. Ricky Burns, none of them guys didn’t want to fight, and everybody at ’40 had a fight.
“So we was kind of forced to go up there. We didn’t want to leave the kid sitting on the shelf, you know. It was a shot there for Paulie, and we got Paulie, and then we turned around and his mandatory was fighting Maidana. It’s just situations like that. Basically we was going to go back down to 140 anyway.”
BoxingScene.com: So it’s down to 140, then, whether Adrien wins or loses against Maidana?
Stafford: “Yeah, 140.”

BoxingScene.com: Not 135?
Stafford: “I mean, if the money’s there, he can make 135. If the fight’s there, he can make it, but the fight’s gotta be there and the money’s gotta be there.”
BoxingScene.com: Broner was in the headlines a lot last year for a variety of reasons, some goofy, some more serious. Did you talk to him at all about whether that may have had an influence on what happened with Maidana?
Stafford: “No, that didn’t have nothing to do with it. Adrien’s a hell of a fighter, you know what I’m saying? He know what he do. People need to remember, he had 27 wins before that, you know, and is a three-time world champion. There’s too much controversy when people lose, and they don’t see the reality. Hell, this kid, he’s a three-time world champion. What about that?”

Jul 24, 2005
DEWEY BOZELLA: "I WANTED TO FIGHT THAT BAD...DON'T LET NOBODY KILL YOUR DREAMS"
By Percy Crawford | January 31, 2014

"I'm glad that I'm able to inspire someone as well and myself. The whole thing is about inspiring other people, never giving up hope, and believing in yourself… Ain't nothing cool about being locked up over a quarter of a century; nothing cool about having your future taken away for a few years and you could've really did something with yourself legally and still make millions of dollars...That's what the moral of the story is about. Don't let nobody tell you what you can't do. Don't let nobody kill your dreams. I don't care who it is. It took me over 32 years to prove my innocence," stated Dewey Bozella, who recalled what it was like to have his first professional fight following his exoneration from prison after serving 26 years for a crime he didn't commit. Check it out!

PC: First off, thanks for taking the time out to talk to me. You are truly an inspiration my man. How are you?

DB: Things are pretty good, you know. I go around and I do public speaking around the world and that's how I make my living.

PC: When people hear your story, it is truly an amazing story of determination, will, and perseverance. What is the reception like when you go speak and people hear your life story?

DB: Well, I look at it where it's inspiring to other people and I'm glad that I'm able to inspire someone as well and myself. The whole thing is about inspiring other people, never giving up hope, and believing in yourself.

PC: Losing 26 years plus of your life for a crime you didn't commit is unexplainable in itself and would make most men crumble, no matter how mentally strong you are. Was giving up ever an option for you and you just thought things were coming to an end?

DB: When you say "coming to an end," what do you mean?

PC: Never thought you would be acquitted and justified and definitely not having one fight as a professional boxer.

DB: I'm gonna put it to you like this, I never thought I would be able to fight on the Bernard Hopkins/Chad Dawson undercard, if that's what you mean. That was an exception and something that was way out of my range and something that I never thought of. I thought it would be a small club fight where I would be competing as an amateur, getting my last amateur fight and that would be the end of that. I hadn't fought in over 20 years. But after I won the ESPY Award and it was announced that I would like to have one pro fight, then I received a phone call from Bernard Hopkins and Oscar De La Hoya. It was very different. It was an eye-opener and they wanted to help me out. So that was the beginning of change.

PC: And it was chronicled and they put you through hell to make that pro debut. Obviously, like you said, you hadn't fought in 20 years. You were 52 years old, so I understand they had to be sure you were fit, but what you had to go through was extreme. Would you do it all over again or is that a process you are glad you got it over and you're good now?

DB: I'm over it. But at first, I didn't think they were fair. I was very, very angry and very upset because they used my age against me. I knew why they used my age against me because I was 52 years old and I was fighting in a sport where you should have been retired at that age. But I wanted to prove to them that I was an exception, and part of me being an exception is because I never abused myself by getting high. I wasn't doing things that was inappropriate with my body, so just give me a chance; be fair. I knew I had enough to at least win one fight; at least one. So that was the difficult thing, trying to prove to them that I was qualified to do that, but they put me through hell.

PC: On the ESPN special, you could definitely see the frustration setting in.

DB: It set in because this was a week later, after I did what I did. I thought that I would receive a warm reception like, "You passed your tests," and instead, it was the opposite. It was like, "Okay, we're not giving you your license." I was like, "What do you mean you're not giving it to me? I was up for 17 hours." I was up for 17 hours, man. New York time, I left at 3:00 in the morning. I got there on their time at 2:00 in the afternoon. I barely got any sleep. I'm doing all of this traveling and then when I get out there, I do 5 hours of testing. 5 hours! When I'm leaving out of the ring, you can see the bandaid on my arm. You can see it because after doing the MRI and taking the blood test and all that, they put me through hell. They made me do 2 MRI's, not one. They did it two times and I still passed everything, and then they gonna tell me, after all that, I gotta do 5 minutes on the heavy bag, 5 minutes on the speed bag, 5 minutes on the jump rope, and then 5 minutes of mitts, and then I gotta spar with a heavyweight that has 10 pro fights. I got none and he sitting there waiting on me. He even said, "Y'all sure y'all want me to do this, man?" They said, "Listen, you just do your job." And then I looked at him and I said, "Don't worry about it. I'm gonna do it, man." And then after I did the 3 rounds with him, I dazed him. I dazed him after all that and then you gonna tell me a week later that I failed because I was taking too many punches. I'm like, "Shit, what the hell do you expect after all of the work that I did and he fresh. If you would have put him through the same thing that I did and then me and him go spar, I probably would've dropped him or knocked him out. But he coming out fresh and you talking about why am I getting hit with so many punches. Wait a minute, first I gotta understand what kind of fighter he is and then I gotta break him down and then I gotta be able to do all of these things before I can take it to him. And he's fresh." So that's what they did.

Then after that,one of the ladies who is the head of ESPN got in contact with Bernard Hopkins and Oscar De La Hoya and they got involved. And once they told me that I got another test in 30 days, I was working with Bernard Hopkins and his trainer that takes care of his hands, Danny Davis. They had me working with him and so I worked with him and he busted my ass. He didn't give me no slack. After the first week, he had me sparring with pros. One of the guys I was fighting with, I can't remember his full name, but he was getting ready for a title shot and Danny had me sparring with him after I just finished running 4 miles, and I did 4 ½ rounds with him, so that was good. And I learned a lot from him, you know what I mean, because I sparred with him two times. It was real good. It was a real good sparring session. It wasn't nothing bad, take my word for it. I learned a lot from him and it was very, very good for me and a great learning experience for me. That's what made me truly understand the difference of an amateur and a pro. And he had me working with them ever since after that. That's what got me ready for the fight.

PC: And before your fight, you received a call from the President, right?

DB: Yes, I got a call from President Barack Obama and he congratulated me on my accomplishment and on getting out, and then he asked me a question. He said, "You sure this gonna be your first and last fight?" And I said, "Yes, I'm sure this will be my first and last fight." We talked for a few minutes and I hung up and the first thing that came to mind was, you talking about pressure. He wanted to be a pro basketball player, so for me to do this at my age, I know it had to give him something to think about. Even though he is the President of the United States, he has to be saying, "He's doing this at this age and he never gave up and he went for it at his age." And then going out there to win. That was the whole thing and I was offered a couple more fights. Bernard Hopkins offered me a fight on his card in Atlantic City and I turned it down. He could never understand why I turned it down. I turned it down because...let me give it to you straight, my hip was messed up. If you look at the fight, you can see me limping as I'm going back to the corner. I was switching with my hip. But not only that, my arm was messed up. And not only that, I had a torn retina in my eye. But I didn't tell nobody because that's how bad I wanted to fight. I wanted to fight that bad and if it meant losing my eye, the hell with it. I'm gonna lose my eye, the hell with it. I went and got an operation after that. And now man, I got 20/40 vision in my left eye and 20/20 in my other eye.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Naw Lara wouldnt sell enough for Floyd. 2ndly Lara has been calling out Canelo for years and thats who needs to fight Lara. Got Em!!
If I am not mistaken Lara is #2 or 3 @154 (based on Ring) and Floyd has belts at 154. Canelo is fighting a guy Lara defeated so he does need to fight him. Now compare Lara, Khan and Maidana and who is coming off wins with better opposition? With Floyd it's about fighting the best right?

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
Floyd has nuthin left to prove. Its about money now before he retires. He wants to maximize his sales and Lara just wont cut it. Now if Lara were to fight and beat Canelo than Im sure Floyd would fight him and people would know him. hats why Lara not getting the Canelo fight hurts him badly because that would bring him fame if he won. Its about fighting the best but also they have to bring sumthin to the table marketing wise as well. Got Em!!

Feb 10, 2006
CZAR @CZAR so Floyd is gonna maximize his sales vs Khan? I heard he already dropped the price on this ppv and all the people he asked to be on his undercard said no. If he was to fight Lara it can be promoted much better than fighting Maidana or Khan, as Lara has a big mouth too with the skills to back it up. Regardless I think Canelo will get the rematch as I see Canelo beating Lara after Angulo. Im starting to think Cotto vs Canelo won't happen, as TR supports Cotto Promotions

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
Dude so u are telling me that u think a Lara/Mayweather fight will sell more than a Khan/Mayweather fight? Hahahahahah stop it dude. No one outside of real boxing fans know Lara. Khan is way more popular. How can a Lara/Mayweather fight be promoted better? Ill wait. Got Em!!

Feb 10, 2006
Yes, Lara will sell more than Khan. Lara will not fight at catchweight and is and even if so is a tall 154. The challenge would be that much greater for Floyd to even connect on his punches as Lara will connect and has legit power with his punches. Lara is looked as the guy Canelo is ducking, right? Imagine what Floyd would say to pump up Laraduring pressers? yeas it would sell more

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Floyd has nuthin left to prove.
Yet he says it is about fighting the best. So is Floyd a liar and strictly just fighting for the loot or is he fighting the best?

Its about money now before he retires.
Ok, so Floyd is a liar. That is all you had to say, bro.

He wants to maximize his sales and Lara just wont cut it. Now if Lara were to fight and beat Canelo than Im sure Floyd would fight him and people would know him. hats why Lara not getting the Canelo fight hurts him badly because that would bring him fame if he won. Its about fighting the best but also they have to bring sumthin to the table marketing wise as well. Got Em!!
Canelo is fighting the guy Lara defeated. Lara is ranked in the division and Floyd is a champ in the division. How is being a ducked fighter, and a ranked fighter, not something to the table marketing wise? You can't say it's about fighting the best but then throw a "but" in there.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2005
Study unites Golden Boy, Top Rank, MMA, U.S. Senators

IBF light heavyweight titleholder Bernard Hopkins turned 49 in January after having become the oldest man to win a significant boxing crown in 2013. A former undisputed middleweight champion, Hopkins has made a career out of beating up younger men.

But the reason Hopkins has been able to do so is because he has taken his health as seriously as he has the training and preparation for his craft.

"Boxing isn't like other sports. It's not a game," said Hopkins. "And the sooner we, as fighters, can detect when there's a problem that needs to be addressed, then we can act accordingly."

That is why Hopkins is in attendence at Tuesday's summit at the United States Capitol, that has been organized by The Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health, which has engaged in the most comprehensive brain imaging of professional boxers to date.

Click here for a video of the event.

The study has enrolled nearly 400 active and retired fighters with the goal of evaluating 625 by its completion. Participation is completely voluntary, and fighters in the study receive free, ongoing assessments of their brain health and brain function, including MRI scans. Individual tests will be repeated annually for at least four years

"The Cleveland Clinic is making history with this study, and I encourage all fighters to get involved and be informed," said Hopkins. "Take control of your career, your health and your life."

The project has united a range of people involved in combat sports, including Hopkins and UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones, Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer, and Top Rank President Todd duBoef, and even Democratic Senator Harry Reid of Las Vegas and Republican counterpart John McCain of Arizona.

"As the leading promoter in boxing, we are happy to support this important study and honored to be involved with the Cleveland Clinic and such a distinguished group of fight promoters," said Schaefer. "I am happy to see that the fight community has united in this important effort."

DuBoef's grandfather, Morrie Hazan, passed away from Alzheimer's Disease, according to Top Rank CEO Bob Arum, duBoef's stepfather.

"Many of our Las Vegas families have been at the forefront in supporting The Cleveland Clinic, Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health's mission since its inception because of the direct impact Alzheimer's Disease had on us,” said duBoef, whose mother and Arum's wife, Lovee, serves on the Board of Directors for The Cleveland Clinic in Las Vegas.

"Now that their study has extended into the sport of boxing, Top Rank is dedicated to doing everything it can in helping to fund its research of this critical study. The future of boxing is in protecting and improving the health and safety of fighters at the earliest stages of their careers. We are proud of our founding partnership with the Lou Ruvo Center, and will continue our ongoing support to this fantastic program and the institution."

Also present in Washington along with Hopkins is WBO junior lightweight titleholder Mikey Garcia.

"This is pretty cool. This is pretty neat. To have this amount of time and money invested in a project like this, it's really for a great cause," said Garcia, who is 26. "This sort or research and these sort of campaigns are important, not just for boxing, but for other sports as well in raising the awareness about head trauma and generally bringing about important changes."

Other heavy hitters supporting the study include UFC light heavyweight champion Glover Teixeira, Bellator MMA lightweight champion Michael Chandler, UFC chairman and CEO Lorenzo Fertitta, and Spike TV President Kevin Kay, whose network televises the Bellator events.

In order to fund the project, the collective entities have collaboratively committed $600,000 to help continue Cleveland Clinic’s Professional Fighters Brain Health Study.

Sen. Reid was an amateur boxer in his youth.

"As a former boxer, I know first-hand the toll that a fighter's body takes when he or she is in the ring," he said. "I want to thank the Cleveland Clinic and the leaders of the four fighting organizations for bringing awareness to this important issue facing professional sports today."

Sen. McCain boxed at the U.S. Naval Academy.

"I appreciate the fact that top boxing and mixed martial-arts (‘MMA’) organizations have joined together to directly support the Cleveland Clinic’s Professional Fighters Brain Health Study," said Sen. McCain, who has been involved in legislation related to boxing since the mid-1990s.

"The willingness of these organizations to support research into the effects of contact sports on brain health indicates their willingness to take very seriously the welfare of their boxers and fighters and demonstrates that they recognize how crucial fighter-safety is to the long-term viability of their sports. I am hopeful that their funding for this study will advance our understanding, diagnosis, and treatment of brain trauma and support similar research efforts going well beyond the ring."

Event organizers include Larry Ruvo, chairman of Keep Memory Alive; Toby Cosgrove, president and chief executive officer of the Cleveland Clinic; Jeffrey Cummings, director of the Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health; and Charles Bernick, associated medical director for the Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health who is also the principle investigator of the study.

"This gift is significant on many levels," said Ruvo. "But to see these organizations come together to continue this important work confirms that what we’re doing at the center is important to the future of fighting."

The event comes one day after the death on Monday afternoon of featherweight boxer Oscar Gonzalez as a result of brain injuries he suffered during a 10th-round knockout loss to Jesus Galicia in Mexico City.

"UFC was the first — and remains the only — combat sports organization to provide our athletes with accident insurance coverage for training-related injuries," said Fertitta. "Today's announcement is a 'no brainer' for us, as we continue our commitment to athlete safety. We are proud to join with these other prominent promoters — our colleague and competitors — to support the Cleveland Clinic’s brain health study.

"We are encouraged by the early results of the study and we look forward to the final findings of the Lou Ruvo Center's research, knowing that they will benefit our athletes, as well as athletes from many other sports. Finally, the support shown by Senators Reid and McCain, and many of their colleagues, cannot go unnoticed. They have been true leaders and we thank them on behalf of the UFC, our athletes and our fans."

Jul 24, 2005
MAYORGA HOPES TO TAME MUNOZ IN RETURN TO THE RING ON FEBRUARY 21
By Press Release | February 03, 2014

For at least one night, Twin River Casino will turn into 19th century Spain complete with the crafty matador trying to tame the hard-charging bull.

Sticking to its promise of bringing bigger, bolder main events to its loyal fan base in 2014, Classic Entertainment & Sports will kick off its Twin River Fight Series with an old-fashioned bullfight as former two-time world champion Ricardo "El Matador" Mayorga (29-8-1, 23 KOs) faces Raul "El Toro" Munoz (22-16-1, 16 KOs) in the eight-round super middleweight main event Friday, Feb. 21st, 2014.

Tickets for the event are priced at $41, $101 and $126 (VIP) and can be purchased by calling 401-724-2253/2254, online at CES Boxing or www.ticketmaster.com, or at the Players Club at Twin River. All fights and fighters are subject to change.

The colorful Mayorga, 40, is a former World Boxing Association (WBA) and World Boxing Council (WBC) welterweight champion and WBC light middleweight title-holder. He spent the first seven years of his professional career fighting overseas in Costa Rica, Puerto Rico and his native Nicaragua -- all 10- and 12-round bouts, which is unprecedented in this era -- before making his U.S. debut in 2001 with a knockout win over Elias Cruz in Nevada.

Several months later, now sporting a 22-3-1 record, Mayorga took his first shot at a world title against WBA champion Andrew Lewis, but the fight ended prematurely due to an accidental head-butt. He got another chance the following year and this time stopped the previously-unbeaten Lewis in the fifth round to capture the title.

Six months later, Mayorga stunned the late Vernon Forrest, beating the undefeated WBC welterweight champ by third-round knockout to add another title to his collection. His short-lived reign included a majority decision win over Forrest in the rematch before he lost both titles to Corey Spinks in December of 2003, but Mayorga regained his footing two years later in a new weight class when he beat Michael Piccirillo to capture the vacant WBC light middleweight title, his third world championship.

Mayorga's latest reign ended abruptly with a knockout loss to the legendary Oscar De La Hoya, but in a remarkable stretch between 2000 and 2006, Mayorga lost just three bouts, all against elite fighters in his weight class (Spinks, Felix Trinidad and De La Hoya), while winning 14 times. He bounced back from the De La Hoya loss with an impressive win over Fernando Vargas before losing to Shane Mosley and Miguel Cotto, the latter in the 12th and final round of their scheduled 12-round world-title bout when Mayorga broke his finger. The Cotto fight was supposed to be his farewell bout, but Mayorga has decided to return for one last run beginning Feb. 21st at Twin River.

Munoz's resume is a who's who of boxing, including bouts against Jermain Taylor, Mike Jones, Alfonso Gomez, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., Austin Trout, Dmitriy Salita and the late Hector Camacho Sr. The 37-year-old Mexican veteran, born and raised in Topeka, Kan., will be fighting for the first time since October of 2012.

The Feb. 21st undercard features the homecoming of Providence native Toka Kahn (9-0, 6 KOs), a former highly-decorated amateur and now an undefeated super featherweight prospect fighting under the promotional guidance of Bob Arum's Top Rank Boxing. Kahn will fight in his hometown for the first time since 2012 in a six-round bout.

"The Vermont Bully" Kevin Cobbs (7-1, 2 KOs) will end his year-long layoff in a four-round light heavyweight bout while Pawtucket, R.I., middleweight Thomas Falowo (10-2, 7 KOs) will return for the first time since his loss to Chris Chatman in July of 2012 in a separate six-round bout. The undercard also features the highly-anticipated return of unbeaten Springfield, Mass., welterweight Zack Ramsey (6-0, 3 KOs), who will star in a six-round bout, and the Twin River debut of Louisiana cruiserweight Alvin Vermall (1-0, 1 KO) fighting in a separate four-round bout.