Boxing News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 6, 2002
Pacquiao-Bradley II

By Nick Giongco

Manny Pacquiao and Tim Bradley are poised to face each other in a rematch on April 12 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, a source from the US told Fightnews and Manila Bulletin on Tuesday. The press tour will start next month with LA and New York as stops. More details will be revealed next week.

Jan 18, 2006
Whats fucked up is Bradley needs the fight more then Manny even with Mannys money situation. This is gonna be a real interesting fight. Glad to see Manny make the right choice.

Feb 8, 2006
Manny Pacquiao vs Timothy Bradley April and Brandon Rios vs Ruslan Provodnikov May

By Shawn Craddick
Close sources are giving us feedback that Manny Pacquiao vs Timothy Bradley is the candidate for April IF they can get Bradley to budge on the $8 Million Dollars he is asking for. Bradley feels that he deserves more since he beat Pacquiao in the first match. Bradley had received $5 Million but is looking for more now. My thing is this, if Pacquiao is willing to fight Floyd Mayweather for FREE and donate to Charity, then why not give part of your paycheck, $3 Million to be exact - and give it to Bradley to make the fight since you want to avenge your loss?

Next is Brandon Rios vs Ruslan Provodnikov in May. Close sources said money is not the object with these two. They just want to fight to prove who is the best at 140lbs. There is a possibility that it will be at a catchweight of 143lbs. We will see how that plays out. Both of these fights will be exciting for HBO and could do decent numbers. One thing is for sure, HBO has the money. They didn't have to pay Floyd Mayweather last year. They had to do something with the money. Save it in the Bank !!!!

Feb 8, 2006
Former boxer Vitali Klitschko attacked by protesters in one-man RAMPAGE to stop riots

The 42-year-old, now a political leader in Ukraine, moved in to stop the riots in the capital of Kiev, before being targeted himself.
Activists, many wearing gas masks and hard hats, threw stun grenades, sticks and fireworks as the demonstration erupted.
In a Hulk-like mode, former heavyweight champion is seen in photos right in the mix of everything, grabbing protesters by the throat as he is sprayed with powder.
The demonstration against President Viktor Yanukovych, which was originally meant to be peaceful, is the latest batch of protests to emerge since ties with the country and Russia became closer two months ago.
Klitschko, who is considered the strongest opposition challenger to Mr Yanukovych, said: "Ukraine is united as never before in its struggle against those in power today, in its determination not to allow a dictatorship.
"Yanukovich and his henchmen want to steal our country."
It is believed at least 30 law enforcers have been injured in the clashes and 4 of them are in serious condition.
While water cannons have been fired at the 10,000 protesters in the -8c temperatures and tear gas has been used to push them back.
Last week, Mr Yanukovych put forward a list of laws that restrict the right of Ukrainians to protest, using heavy jail sentences to try and silence the masses.
But activists took to the street to defy the new guidelines.
The government banned the taking part in large "disorder" and the wearing face masks or hard hats during these demonstrations.
In response, protesters wore saucepans and colanders on their heads to rebel.

Feb 8, 2006
Is Mikey Garcia being pushed too fast

By Kevin Davis

With the days of Mayweather and Pacquiao growing shorter and shorter, the boxing world and promotional companies alike are scrambling to find or create the next PPV star. Enter Mikey Garcia a clean cut undefeated champion at is climbing the scales fast. He will be fighting Burgos this Saturday and after that he will be facing off against Mike Alvarado, and if successful, a mega PPV bout against Manny Pacquiao.

Talking about a huge jump, from 125, 130, 135,140, and 147 In two years, is dangerous to a fighters health. Yes they may carry power up to those weight classes but the incoming is twice as harder also. We just seen the results of this with former undefeated champion Abner Mares, when he was dropped in the first round by Jhonny Gonzalez, when he went up in weight again for the third time in two years.

I know the primal rage in all of us drive us to make mistakes, and decisions we shouldn't but is this bout is what's best for Garcia, or the promotional company that has him. "A Manny Pacquiao match-up is a terrible for Garcia, he's slow and flat-footed, and we have seen what Pacquiao does to those guys, so why are we even talking up that bout." said boxing enthusiast Miguel Ramirez

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
I don't know that someone who won a fight so decisively the first time might actually be the underdog in the 2nd but I bet a lot of people pick Bradley in this fight. Good fight on paper though and good fight for Pac to see if he's still near the top of his game against someone who doesn't have a lot of power.

Feb 10, 2006
Im rooting for Bradley all the way, but Manny is going to do something viscious to Bradley this time. Plus I got Rios winning his fight. Plus Canelo wining by KO early. If I were you guys don't spend ur money on Floyds ppv as these three fights will be the best for the first quarter of this year

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
And here we go again. More Floyd hate from Battle. Just cant hekp but throw shots at him even if he isnt the topic of discussion lol. I will always buy Floyd's PPV so sorry pal. Maybe u can sway others but not me. Floyd's PPV's will do just fine even with u boycotting them LMAO! Got Em!!

Feb 10, 2006
I always buy his ppv's too! real shit! but I bought all the ppv at the end of the year and it took a toll on my holiday shopping so since it looks like Floyds ppv is going to be Khan, I would prefer to watch the other fights. Plus there is more going on with the 154 division than 147 cuz everyone at 147 seems to come from 140 or smaller so watching the Canelo fight is going to be more interesting to watch than anything else. I told you the Canelo fight was going to be a ppv tho!