2 MANY RAPPERS, NOT ENOUGH FANS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 12, 2002
www.myspace.com
This topic's beat to death. Professional releases cost more money than 99% of Rappers will ever dream to redeem. You like doing music continue to do it. Enjoy the attention of it not the money because it isn't there. I said it before and I'll say it again. You have no business in a business that has no business. The big picture is a shot in the dark, 15 minutes of fame... then your Eddie Cane Jr. sanging I got nothing but love for you baby...

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
This explains the situation perfectly!!

[video=youtube;qi16EEPOxsY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi16EEPOxsY[/video]

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
This explains the situation perfectly!!

[video=youtube;qi16EEPOxsY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi16EEPOxsY[/video]

Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
SOME PPL THAT RAP ARE WORTH MONEY,SOME ARENT. SOME LABELS PAY THEIR ARTISTS,SOME DONT. GOOD MUSIC SELLS, BAD MUSIC DOESNT. I GUESS ITS ALL A GAMBLE IMO. I'VE NEVER COMPLAINED ABOUT THE MONEY ISSUE, I WAS JUST EXPRESSING THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A PROFESSIONAL AND A HOBBY RAPPER. I FEEL ITS TIME 2 SEPERATE THE GAME. IMMA START BEATIN NIGGAS UP AGAIN...LOL

FatBlunts209

2 SWISHERS = 1 BLUNT
Feb 21, 2008
STOcKTON
like tay said theres alot of people rappers approaching people selling there bootleg ass cd-rs people are tired of it..so when a real rapper comes along with his actual cd he invested money into like beats, studio time ,artwork etc they get neglected because u get over looked as the guy who sells his cd-rs..

milkky

The Milk Man
Sep 6, 2010
All Markets in every category are being Over Flooded with Crappy, Off Brand, No Name brands. This is America, where "Everyone" has the idea that they can make it, too, And blow up and be famous and make lots of money if they work hard.. but thats not necessarily the case, but that doesnt mean that people are going to quit trying.

Feb 8, 2003
SOME PPL THAT RAP ARE WORTH MONEY,SOME ARENT. SOME LABELS PAY THEIR ARTISTS,SOME DONT. GOOD MUSIC SELLS, BAD MUSIC DOESNT. I GUESS ITS ALL A GAMBLE IMO. I'VE NEVER COMPLAINED ABOUT THE MONEY ISSUE, I WAS JUST EXPRESSING THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A PROFESSIONAL AND A HOBBY RAPPER. I FEEL ITS TIME 2 SEPERATE THE GAME. IMMA START BEATIN NIGGAS UP AGAIN...LOL
them hobby rappers be broke as fuck looking dusty outside gas stations and parkinglot with fake bang bang jewels and bootleg jordans on begging niggas to buy they album or mixtape.

I remember one time i was pumping gas and some lame walked up to me at my car claiming he the best and begging me to buy his mixtape for 5 dollars. i told that nigga to go get a job or flip some dope bc if he was the best then why he out there on basehead mode with dirty jeans and breath smelling like he was chewing on bird food begging me to buy his cdr with weak ass artwork and fake drake & future features on it for 5 dollars. and man his graphics was terrible im talking about fingers missing, ears cut off shit not cropped right.

Legman

پراید آش
Nov 5, 2002
I FEEL ITS TIME 2 SEPERATE THE GAME. IMMA START BEATIN NIGGAS UP AGAIN...LOL
i was about to suggest you let me follow you around with a camera, we could make a killin off a "Killa Tay cleans up the music industry" DVD lol

but i dont think we need evidence of beat downs and studio take overs lol

Jun 25, 2002
I might be getting old but I hardly listen to bay area rap music anymore.. maybe some clyde, ea ski, balance but that about it.. I dont even feel e-40 shit anymore and I use to love it and buy cd's every week. I haven't bought a cd in 3 or 4 years now. times have changed and if your a artist it better to cater to younger people and now younger people like the mainsteam stuff unless you thugged out..

Jul 15, 2007
Great thread Tay... Great opinions by alot of y'all as well. I agree with alot of the post, but me as an old school artist, Id have to say I still work hard like Im fresh in the game. I never had a 9-5 working for anyone else but i do work hard from 9-9 in the studio and on the road for myself and for my fans. My current album "The Taleneted Mr. Reddick" is a great album based on reviews from fans and those in our industry who have heard it. So that makes me work harder. everyone cries for "REAL" music and quality music but when you deliver it they dont support it locally. Ive been out over 3 weeks and the response in Kansas City, Portland, New Mexico and Seattle for my album has been great. I believe you'll get out of something just as much as you put into it. If you really think you have the gift to make it in this music industry give it your all. Never doubt yourself and let no one else doubt you. Ive been doubted my whole career but have over 32 albums on my label, sold over 300,000 records, featured on tons of albums as a producer or artist, been on BET, MTV, CMC, A&E, toured the country and abroad, been in every major rap publication, even charted billboard twice but Ive NEVER been affiliated with a major label and still UNKNOWN, but Im not ever gonna stop til that organ in my chest stop beating. So when they tell you to give up on your dreams it could be because they scared to go for theirs. 1luv... Coolio-Da'unda'dogg

Also be on the lookout for me and Killa Tay Collab album coming soon. Go cop "The Talented Mr. Reddick" in stores now and I guarantee you wont be disappointed... follow me on twitter, add me on facebook, hit my webpage.

www.twitter.com/daundadogg
www.facebook.com/daundadogg and like my fan page www.facebook.com/cooliodaundadogg
www.daundadogg.com
www.youtube.com/daundadoggmusic View attachment 111446

Props: thizziks21
Dec 8, 2006
www.myspace.com
Great thread Tay... Great opinions by alot of y'all as well. I agree with alot of the post, but me as an old school artist, Id have to say I still work hard like Im fresh in the game. I never had a 9-5 working for anyone else but i do work hard from 9-9 in the studio and on the road for myself and for my fans. My current album "The Taleneted Mr. Reddick" is a great album based on reviews from fans and those in our industry who have heard it. So that makes me work harder. everyone cries for "REAL" music and quality music but when you deliver it they dont support it locally. Ive been out over 3 weeks and the response in Kansas City, Portland, New Mexico and Seattle for my album has been great. I believe you'll get out of something just as much as you put into it. If you really think you have the gift to make it in this music industry give it your all. Never doubt yourself and let no one else doubt you. Ive been doubted my whole career but have over 32 albums on my label, sold over 300,000 records, featured on tons of albums as a producer or artist, been on BET, MTV, CMC, A&E, toured the country and abroad, been in every major rap publication, even charted billboard twice but Ive NEVER been affiliated with a major label and still UNKNOWN, but Im not ever gonna stop til that organ in my chest stop beating. So when they tell you to give up on your dreams it could be because they scared to go for theirs. 1luv... Coolio-Da'unda'dogg

Also be on the lookout for me and Killa Tay Collab album coming soon. Go cop "The Talented Mr. Reddick" in stores now and I guarantee you wont be disappointed... follow me on twitter, add me on facebook, hit my webpage.

www.facebook.com/daundadogg and like my fan page www.facebook.com/cooliodaundadogg
www.daundadogg.com
WORDS FROM THA WISE. MUCH RESPECT

Feb 7, 2011
haha. that shits me down to a T. I just put out a free mixtape -->http://troll-beastent.bandcamp.com/ cuz really, NOBODY is buying cd's anymore. Everything's being downloaded for free. ON TOP OF THAT. I got work... and music. They are separated. Any little scratch made off of something I enjoy doing is appreciated, but not expected.. at least not yet anyway. Lets face it. You ignored the shit that was free from a no-name rapper, why the hell would you stop and buy it. So I said fuck it, I just want ppl to hear it right now. Money is set.. Music is for play.

Feb 8, 2003
Old Ass niggas & has beens need to step away to and let the young or new niggas shine especially if the old nigga not making noise now and looking like somebodys grand dad. Rap is a young niggas game. just like you cant be on the block old as fuck with your hair falling out nickel & dyming. you get while the getting is good then get out before its too late.

Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
^^^ WHATS THE DEFINITION OF LET THE YOUNG NIGGAS SHINE??? I REALLY WOULD LIKE 2 KNOW. IF THEY WORK HARD THEY WILL GET WHAT THEY DESERVE BUT I CHOOSE 2 DEAL WITH THE OLDER CROWD CUZ THEY KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOIN AND HAVE A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF THE BUSINESS. I KNOW WE ALL HAVE OUR OPINIONS BUT SAYING THE RAPGAME HAS AGE LIMITS IS STUPID 2 ME CUZ MOST OF THE PEOPLE WHO CONTROL THE MONEY PART OF THE GAME ARE GRANDFATHERS AND FEEL THE SAME WAY THE OLDER ARTISTS DO...AINT NOTHIN 4 FREE AND THE YOUNGER CROWD HAS 2 PUT IN SOME WORK AND PAY SOME DUES. I CANT SEE IT ANY OTHER WAY. I PUT ALL MY YOUNG NIGGAS ON BUT I ALSO LACE THEM ON THE BIZ SO THEY DONT HAVE 2 RUN AROUND LIKE CHICCENS WITH THEY HEADS CUT OFF. ITS A BUSINESS SAVVY MANS GAME...I DONT THINK IT HAS ANYTHING 2 DO WITH AGE AND I WAS A RAP FAN BEFORE I WAS A PROFESSIONAL RAPPER AND IF U ASK ME, THE NEW GENERATION MUSIC IS WAY 2 DIGITAL BASED AND NOT REAL MUSIC. I WOULD RATHER SPEND MY MONEY BUYING A BANDS MUSIC THAN SOME CORNBALL RAP SHIT AT THIS POINT. NOT SAYING THE YOUNG TALENT ISNT DOIN THEY THANG BUT IF U UNDERSTAND THE BUSINESS, U WILL REALIZE AINT NO SUCH THING AS LETTIN THE NEXT NIGGA SHINE...OLD OR YOUNG...U JUST HAVE 2 BE THE BEST U CAN BE. THIS AINT SPORTS,ITS MUSIC.....AND SOME PPL ACTUALLY GET BETTER WITH TIME. 1

Props: thizziks21

Mr Ceza

Xplosive Magazine
Jul 10, 2002

www.daundadogg.com
Well said! Can't wait for the Killa Tay & Coolio Da'Undadogg Album---Call me Coolio