2 MANY RAPPERS, NOT ENOUGH FANS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2008
Nowadays there's a billion rappers and every1 can't go platinum. When I go to the record store all I buy is old school underground 90's rap(the stuff I grew up on). Plus technology killed the rap game(just because u have all the computer software doesn't make u a real rapper). And I'm sick of cats tryna sale me a blank cd with their music on it. Like dude said earlier, press up something that has a professional appeal to it. A lot of ppl think I'm stuck in a time warp because I slap the old school 90's stuff but to me that was the last decade of REAL nigga rap.

May 6, 2008
30's East Oakland, Ca
This is gettin a little long so I didn't read everything. But my 2 cents.

I don't listen to this new shit that's comin out most of the time. I was never behind the hyphy movement or none'a that shit. I'm about money. 22 makin damn near 70k, shootin for 100k by 25.

I still listen to old skoo Killa Tay, C-Bo, Mobb Figgaz an shit, cuz that's the music I grew up on and this new shit is too much party music, Ive never been the party type, shit's childish to me.

I'm investing in startin a label right now, but It's not just rap. Got a Rappers of course, Rock Singer, R&B Singer, Producers, pontentially a Rock Band like Evenessence comin soon and some Cross-Over music.

People on here tryin'a speak their mind on how they think shit works when the only people on this thread I know for a fact know what they're talkin about is Tay and Coolio Da Unda Dogg.

Another reason you niggaz who think you're raw aint doin much is back to Tay's original point..You need investmen, it takes money to make money. Promotion aint free, youtube and shit I guess. But if you aint known in yo own hood why the fuck it matter?

And all this shit about older niggaz needin to step back is fuckin stupid, older niggaz need to take the game back so I can stop hearin this weak ass nigga 2 Chainz and niggaz who aint from the hood they claim.

I've ran into hella niggaz I still listen to and them niggaz koo people when you talk to them.

New niggaz are cocky for no reason, either that or they rap and they're too scared to hop out at the store cuz they see niggaz on the block.

I agree wit Tay, niggaz need'a step this shit up an be professional if they wanna really get money...

The first artist I'm about to push we've been workin on for 3 years just to get his sound together an find out the beats that work with him best, other niggaz think they need'a hop on the Rack City beat and make a remix for youtube...

That shit works for a second, but what happens when it's time to make your own album? NIggaz aint tryin'a hear it cuz it don't sound the same, the beats aint the ones they were lookin to hear, everyones a clone of the next nigga these days.

An how niggaz gunna try an tell a nigga who's been doin this shit how it works? I'm lookin to learn from niggaz like Tay so I can do shit right, not make up shit in my head an try an tell him how the game works.

All I'm sayin is most niggaz think about shit too small, look at the grand scheme of things.

Gettin investment is hard for niggaz who's music sounds like garbage, I've brought niggaz in to work wit my niggaz and tried to work on their sound to build them up.

Most niggaz get the idea they're gunna rap one day and they're on youtube the next night.

Shit needs to be well thought out and planned you don't just jump in this shit thinkin you're the best an king or whatever bullshit these niggaz be sayin these days.

Last edited:
Props: TAY CAPONE1