2 MANY RAPPERS, NOT ENOUGH FANS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 4, 2006
YO KILLA TAY, YOU TELL THOSE RAPPERS TO STOP RAPPING CUZ THEY'RE SATURATING THE GAME EVEN MORE...

The problem started when all you old school rappers allowed wack rappers to rap and started selling them verses ...

so in reality who fucked the rap game? IT WAS ESTABLISHED RAPPERS ...now deal with it!

milkky

The Milk Man
Sep 6, 2010
too many chiefs not enough indians.. ppl need to realize the big picture and play there role. stay in your own lane, whatever that may be..

Oct 11, 2009
A LOT OF THESE "RAPPERS" HAVE TOO MANY KISS ASSES AND NOT ENOUGH CRITICS... FRIENDS TELLING THEM THEIR SHITS DOPE AND ALL THAT OTHER SHIT INSTEAD OF TELLING THEM WHAT'S WRONG WITH IT... WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE ANYONE TELLING YOU WHERE YOU LACK THEN YOU TEND TO KEEP PUSHING THE SAME MUSIC... AND THEN THERE'S THE FOLKS WHO NEVER RAP OVER ORIGINAL BEATS... ANYBODY CAN TAKE AN ALREADY DONE CONCEPT AND TWIST IT UP A LITTLE BIT BUT NOBODY WANTS TO MAKE ORIGINAL MUSIC ANYMORE... AND THEN THERE'S THE ONES WHO TAKE THE HIP-POP ROUTE AND DO NOTHING BUT THE OLD SOLJA BOY TYPE MUSIC OR THAT JERK SHIT... I AIN'T KNOCKIN IT CUZ IT DOES HAVE A FANBASE BUT PEOPLE ARE SO SCARED TO BE ORIGINAL THEY GO FOR WHAT'S HOT RIGHT NOW... THERE'S NO STRUCTURE IN THE GAME ANYMORE...

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
Lets just face it. 99.9% of 'rap' music sucks dick these days.

You either got V-neck wearin skinny jean fags.

Or you got old ass tired gangster rappers that aint relevant cause they aint doin what they rap about no more.

....fuck it, I got an iPod full of shit I still dig. This new shit just dont catch my ear no more.

(there are a few exceptions to the rule tho ie; A-Wax, Big Tone, Black C, & a few, very few more.)

Feb 10, 2009
South Sacramento
one of the problems with rap these days is that it is so soft.

even before there was hardcore rap, it wasn't all hella soft when the new york rappers first started the early rap.

R.I.P. Real Rap Music 1979-1999

FUCK ALL YOU SKINNY JEAN FAGGOT ASS SHEEP RAPPERS FUCKIN UP THE RAP GAME WITH YOUR SHITTY ASS BUBBLE GUM RAP.

yes

Sicc OG
Feb 9, 2006
one of the problems with rap these days is that it is so soft.

even before there was hardcore rap, it wasn't all hella soft when the new york rappers first started the early rap.

R.I.P. Real Rap Music 1979-1999

FUCK ALL YOU SKINNY JEAN FAGGOT ASS SHEEP RAPPERS FUCKIN UP THE RAP GAME WITH YOUR SHITTY ASS BUBBLE GUM RAP.
i think real rap started going downhill from 2005 on

03-04 was a beast for bay area music to say the least with San quinn i give you my word, yukmouth godzilla, messy marv disobayish and i think that was keak da sneak copium as well

Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
YO KILLA TAY, YOU TELL THOSE RAPPERS TO STOP RAPPING CUZ THEY'RE SATURATING THE GAME EVEN MORE...

The problem started when all you old school rappers allowed wack rappers to rap and started selling them verses ...

so in reality who fucked the rap game? IT WAS ESTABLISHED RAPPERS ...now deal with it!
IF YOU BELIEVE THAT, I BELIEVE U HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THE BUSINESS

Jun 12, 2003
i dont even buy rap anmoyre inless i listen to it first..even the vet rappers make shit music to,,,not jus these new rap cats...so for me overall all rappers need to step there music up

Mar 6, 2006
Of all the possible avenues to invest in..... Why would a real/intelligent investor choose to invest in a rap artist in 2012. Where the ROI? There's a difference between a profit driven business and an "expensive hobby". Some of you really need to accept reality. Most Bay rappers won't see $30k a year rapping and $30k a year ain't shit to be making as a grown man in the first place....

Mar 3, 2008
rap game is a stepping stone nowadays. no $. any business man will not invest in a dying industry. only hope...give away music...hopefully get famous and get shows....$ off endorsements, tvs, movie soundtracks/scores etc. Physical cds rare and record stores rarer...bad bizness.

Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
SOME OF US DO HAVE PENDING BUSINESS DEALS U KNOW. SO WHETHER PEOPLE THINK ITS LUCRATIVE OR NOT REALLY DOESNT MATTER. I ADMIT, INVESTING IN A NEW ARTIST IS ALMOST AN IMPOSSIBLE TASK BUT THERE ARE OTHER WAYS 2 MAKE MONEY IN THIS BIZ THAN ACTUAL SALES. MERCHANDISING IS IMPORTANT ALSO. I THINK THE DIFFERENCE IS MOST ARTISTS DONT ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE 2 BE A PART OF A REAL LABEL AND ACTUALLY HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF A FORMULA THAT WORKS 4 THEM. AS AN ARTIST I STILL MAKE GOOD $ DOING JOINT VENTURES AND SHOWS ETC....BUT AS A LABEL,AT TIMES I FEEL LIKE MAKING INVESTMENTS IN OTHER PPL IS A GAMBLE.

Feb 8, 2006
When I hear a new artist it is usually on a feature of someone I usually listen to.I started listening to fat tone Cuz of hearing on bo and bullys wit fullys.some labels like live wire is real good bout that.all there features are tight so I will buy the next guys shit.

Nov 28, 2011
IMO, I think everything has been rapped about and there is nothing else to say and fans seem to have heard it all now.

I mostly go for songs that portray trials and tribulations (life lessons) but once again it seems like that has all been covered already (80's, 90's, 00's). IMO

One thing I noticed that never left is a tight beat. Tight beats still get my attention but the same old lyrics put me to sleep.

yes

Sicc OG
Feb 9, 2006
Seriously Its Like This Their Are People Out Their Who Do Legitmate Business But WE All Know Or Should Know That Another Mans Connection Comes With A Cost And Sometimes You Need To Take A Loss To Get To That Next Step. Giving Away Free Music Is Double Sided On One Side Your Reaching Out To Fans And New Listeners On The Other Hand You Basically Saying "If This Shit Is Wack Its Free I Just Put It Out" Its Basically Saying Your Music Has No Value!!

Artists Put Out Mixtape After Mixtape Of HOT TRASH and It Seems When Someone Is Unsure On Their Music They Put It Out As A Mixtape Because For Some Reason Or Another They Believe Putting It Out As A Mixtape Takes Heat Off Them From Giving Quality Music!!!

BUZZER**********WRONG Bad Music Is Simply Bad Music!! In Todays Music Peoples Values Have Changed And Also Music Has Changed Into A Large Platform With Various Peices Of Gear Being Released So Anyone Can Create Music!..I Cant Sit Hear And Knock Another Artist(s) For Being Imaginative But I Can Knock How One Conducts Their So Called BRAND...Stick To What you Belive In And Let Your Imagination And Heart Lead The Way

yes

Sicc OG
Feb 9, 2006
WHEN I WAS ON A LABEL...I DIDNT HAVE 2 PAY 4 ANYTHING. AFTER THAT SITUATION WENT SOUR I STARTED MY OWN LABEL AND NOW I PAY 4 EVERYTHING. #VERY BIG DIFFERENCE
True But Also Even Though You Physically Didnt Have To Pay For Anything When You Were On A Label You Were Paying In Another Way Weather It Was From Points Or Overall Payout. Nothing Is Free Its Just Now Your Creating The Cycle On Your Own With You Having Artists Or Producers You Are The Bank And Like All Banks Interest Is Always Added!

Legman

پراید آش
Nov 5, 2002
oh shit, another guy that capitalizes all the first letters of every word

i used to do that lol

get ready for a shit storm buddy, the open forum is a warzone, you just stepped in a mine field lol