Winter Olympics - Vancouver 2010

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 23, 2003
Fresno, CALIF.

I've been watching this as much as I can. It's hella sick. I saw the Georgian dude crash/die. I saw Anton-Oh No win after the Koreans crashed. The skiiing is on right now and is hella dope. Anyone else been watchin this shit? I dont remember seeing any threads about this yet.

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
there's another thread but it's in the open forum so it doesn't take long to get lost.

I've been watching a lot of the olympics so far. I fuckin love the winter olympics. I'm super pissed I have to go to work tomorrow and miss the first mens hockey games.

Mens Ice-Hockey>Women's Curling>the rest of olympic sports including summer games.

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
Yeah I have had it on the screen on and off since the Opening Ceremony. Ever since I had this fuckin' SCRAM ankle bracelet put on last week, I have been watching a lot more television, GBR...

I dig mostly all the events, especially the Skiing, Snowboarding, Luge and Hockey! R.I.P. Nodar Kumaritashvili from Georgia...

May 15, 2002
NBC are a bunch of assholes for their coverage. Nearly every other country in the world has the Olympics on live all day long but NBC gives us only a couple hours every day. Regardless, I enjoy just about every event I see. Hockey, curling, and speedskating are my favorites.

May 11, 2002
NBC are a bunch of assholes for their coverage. Nearly every other country in the world has the Olympics on live all day long but NBC gives us only a couple hours every day. Regardless, I enjoy just about every event I see. Hockey, curling, and speedskating are my favorites.
yeah NBC's coverage is weak. Luckily I live near Vancouver so I get Canadian channels. Much better coverage.

Dec 9, 2005
Snowboard Halfpipe is on later today. Should be dope...can't wait for The Flying Tomato to break out that McTwist. Shawn White is a machine.

Don't understand curling too much, was watching it earlier. The skiing is dope too.

These athletes are just amazing.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
I'd love to go to the olympics once in my lifetime. Vancouver would've been dope since it's relatively close....

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
I'd rather go to the Summer Olympics tho, but either would be dope to go to.....shit, I wish I could get in good with an athlete, they get all the free olympic ralph lauren shit they want, one of the ice skating chicks said she got 3 suitcases full of free shit

Sep 29, 2003
Hell yea the Olympics have been great so far....I've watching pretty much every event because they have live coverage here from 9 in the morning until midnight. They also carry coverage on several different channels to cover all the events at the same time. Favorite events: Mens hockey, Ski moguls, Speed skating, snowboard cross...

to dude who doesn't understand curling......

each team has 8 stones to throw down to the end of the ice.

At the end, there's a bullseye sorta. The goal is to get as many rocks as close to the middle of the bullseye as possible. It's similar to shuffleboard.

The skip has to throw the rock towards the bullseye at a point the team strategically picks and the dudes with the brooms control the speed. The skip or stone thrower can control the curl of the stone by the way he releases the stone by either spinning it inside or outside.

There are 10 Ends (periods) and they alternate throwing the stones until each team has thrown their 8 stones. The team who throws their last stone during each end has the advantage because they can clear any stones the other team has placed. Throwing the last stone is called having the "Hammer". The Hammer alternates with each end.

When you see several stones far away/in front of the target, they are there to protect any stones that may be closer to the center of the target....They are strategically placed..

The way points are scored is by having the most stones closest to the center of the bullseye. For example, at the end of one 'end', Team 'A' has a stone directly in the middle of the bullseye, one stone half a meter from the center of the bullseye, and another stone 1 meter away from the center of the bullseye. Team B has a stone 3/4 of a meter away from the bullseye. Team A would receive 2 points for that end....

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
Thanks MaKaVeLi_420 for posting all that. I now can refer back to this when I don't understand what the fuck they are doing during Curling. I never could figure that shit out...

Sep 29, 2003
you got it bro, you could probably also check wikipedia.....

Ah, I just checked wikipedia and the page is a shit load of text so, yep, you're probably better sticking to my description. That's curling in a nutshell.....go steelers

Jan 5, 2010
Watch Jon Daly get a gold in the skeleton. When I was a kid, I used to hang at his house with his little sister. Dont think he liked me much because of that. Either way, that skeleton shit is crazy and its his first year.

Dec 9, 2005
Shaun White does it again. Don't know if any one watched, or cared...but he basically ripped the shit out of the rest of the field.

He basically secured another GOLD with his first run. He scored a 46.8 on that...so after everyone went their second time, he had already captured gold, so his second run was more or less just a victory lap.

Then he busted out some sick double McTwist...which I'm pretty sure he's the only one doing right now...and scored a 48.4 (out of 50)

I wish Shaun White was my friend.