Whos the best freestyle mc in the Bay?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 22, 2005
G-SWIFT said:
DEL THE FUNKY HOMOSAPIEN. END OF DISCUSSION.

well since I aint heard too many other Bay cats freestyle and FAB is coo but I'ma have to agree with this one,DEL can spit off top AND make sense while doin it which makes him a tight freestyler.Its coo if folks can flow hella long like I know FAB can but if you aint sayin much after a while.it gets borin but FAB is nice wit it but DEL got this,I think.

Apr 22, 2005
RealRich said:
Jin is not one of them...I heard him use some of those lines in other battles that wern't on t.v.

yeah of course you gon have some one liners that you can fit in every now and then but Jin be spittin and CLOWNIN off top the majority of the time,just listen cuz he be sayin shit relevant to whats goin on where they at. I hella like watchin fools get hella clowned by that fool too esp when they got that gay ass east coast accent talkin hella shit then Jin flips it on em haha

Apr 22, 2005
dj pimp said:
fabs the best i heard out the bay. lets face it, in a freestyle battle nobody ever can spit 100% off the top of the dome. once u get goin your brain starts grabbin pieces of writtens from you.

well the thread is askin for just freestyler tho not battler so I still would give that to Del,dude can come up with some crazy ass rhyme skemes/subjects too off top.I seen FAB's freestyle on distortion2static and that shit was tight.I forgot about Gift Of Gab,he nice but his style can get annoyin real quick sometime when he freestyles

Dec 4, 2005
Yo I appreciate everybody's feedback. I wish I could give yall a link to one of my boy Sellassie's freestyles but I don't have one. When he drops something I'll try to ressurect this thread to see how you think he compares to your favorites. I don't want to give away too much info. but the way my folks freestyles he might change the way a lot of people view freestyles.

Oh yah and Jin is fucking raw with the freestyles but he ain't from the bay and the thread title is who's the best freestyle mc in the bay.

Dec 29, 2005
dj pimp said:
fabs the best i heard out the bay. lets face it, in a freestyle battle nobody ever can spit 100% off the top of the dome. once u get goin your brain starts grabbin pieces of writtens from you.

Did you hear when Locksmith crushed him. There was no competition there. Lock layed it down on MTV that shit was his for the taken but they did the guy wrong and gave it to some sory ass foo. :dead:

Dec 17, 2005
i take locksmith, half the battle is the work you put in outside of freestyle battles....all good battle rappers come up with punch lines on their spare time and then the good ones can tie them into what the opponent or situation dictates. Thats why locksmith is the best battle rapper in the bay. It would be way too difficult to come up with good solid punchlines that make perfect sense right off the dome.

Dec 4, 2005
NavThaShah said:
i know lock, and i know lock freestyles. lock murders cats haha yall jus some haters.

Ain't nobody hating at all. I just stated my opinion. Ive listened to some of Lock's "freestyles" and I believe they are written. I could be wrong. But I ain't hating.