Where to Promote???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
walking around malls isn't a good place......I've been warned at every mall in the Northend.....Northgate, Alderwood, Everett Mall.....South Center too....clubs are a good place, get people to pass out flyers at their schools once September hits.....

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
i remember when Lynch's EBK 4 came out, I saw hella posters all over downtown promoting it....On every telephone poll...That's some shit that works.....People will notice that too....they were just printed on regular paper, nothing too special.....

Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
Do some shit where you do EVERYTHING BUT walking up to people, and pestering them...

Like, going to an outdoor basketball court, pulling up your own ride, and bumping the cD...when people ask what it is, tell em! :)

Or..go to a mall, and 'accidentally' leave cds in places that you know people will find them (Bonus points if you get people to steal them!)

I could come up with ideas for days, but im gonna wait for confirmation on these two before i make myself look any stupider :x

Peace..

May 15, 2002
www.psurecords.com
Notes said:
Does anyone have any suggestions on good places to promote for the album? We're trying to promote the hell out of it and be everywhere so any suggestions would help. holla...
Whats up? i might be able to help. I am trying to colaberate with as many artist/ companies as i can. I would like to get a lot of artists with diffrent styles together to throw a concert. I met a business last night that has a stage. I have never done this before and it would take a lot of planning, advertising, colaberation, and setup. I was thinking of asking D-sane or someone who knows about this shit to guide me through it b-cuz otherwise i would be walking through the darkness blind. Anyways its nothing going to happen right away beacuse i am taking on this project alone as of right now, and mixed with everything else going on its a lot of extra shit. But in due time it will happen and your more then welcome to come out and be a part of the show. Also there will be cd for sale with t-shirts ect. Admission i was thinkin would be cheap $7 with a cd just to keep it real.

ONE

May 15, 2002
www.psurecords.com
WA_State_Reppin said:
Im down here in Reno and ready to promote to fuck outa any Seatown or WA artist. After the first week I was down here all my SLR promos were gone, peeps be eatin that NW style up
You should take advantage of dsane's box of cd's liquidation and spread your hustle while you promote....Matter fact i bet there all gone.

Apr 25, 2002
High schools and colleges....cuz word gets around fast. U already knowin Ima help yall out in that area. And yall could even just walk up on some random campus during lunch hour and start promoting....thats what Ima be doin!

May 4, 2002
ONLINE you can reach out to so many people ONLINE there is a chat room for just about ever big city in the US plus there is rap chat rooms hip hop chat rooms like I said before IM always online promoting street level and Unexpected Arrival I have been doing it for awhile now and me and my twin have brought street level records at least 10 or more fans and Unexpected arrival at least 10 or more fans plus when i posted a thread about online promoting D- sane had a good idea to post your music in other peoples message boards

DAK

Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
Tadou's Wack Promotional Idea #3...

fuck going to colleges.... go TO the colleges!!! Couple hundred for tuition..so what..you learn some skills, and at the same time, meet ALL KINDS of people with NOTHIN BUT free time..

cd sales is only the first step..you could meet people in classes, and tell em about upcoming shows..tours..ALL THAT SHIT! you could buy yourself some fans for LIFE!..oh, and that whole get-educated/get-a-better-day-job thing :)

I may not be the illest rapper (please..please, all you Tadou fans, do not argue this! Thanks)....but i know what people like to hear and all that shit....im not just speakin like a fiend lookin for a front, or a chump lookin for a lick......but a businessman training to be a business OWNER...ya dig?

you gotta hit em where they aint lookin...or when they aint, i forget which...but the point is, most people aint expectin to become "associates" of rappers via an educational institute....walkin up to them while they're tryin to get from one class to another damn sure aint gonna make em wanna go to the next 10 concerts you throw.....but bullshittin with em during a boring ass lecture WILL!

(only 4 paragraphs this time..damn, im gettin good!)

May 15, 2002
www.psurecords.com
Re: Tadou's Crack Promotional Idea #187...

tadou said:
fuck going to REHAB.... go TO the COUNTY JAIL!!! Couple hundred for BAIL..so what..you learn TO BE A BITCH, and at the same time, meet ALL KINDS of people with NOTHIN BUT free time..

GETTING STABBED IN THE SHOWER is only the first step..you could meet people in THE YARD, and tell em about upcoming shows..GETTING FUCKED UP FOR MY FLOWS (BINK, BINK, BINK)..ALL THAT SHIT! you could buy yourself some PROTECTION THAT BEATS YOUR ASS for LIFE!..oh, and that whole get-educated/get-a-better-day-job thing DOSENT APPLY TO CONVICTS :)

I may be the WEAKEST rapper (please..please, all you Tadou fans, do not argue this! Thanks)....but i know what people like to hear and all that shit....im not just a fiend lookin for a front, IM ALSO A CLIENT AND a chump lookin for a lick......IM training to be a business OWNER...ya dig?

you gotta hit em where they aint lookin...or when they aint, i forget which...but the point is, most people aint expectin to become "JAILBAIT" of KIDNAP COUNTY's educational institute....walkin up to them while they're tryin to get SOME from one ass to another damn sure aint gonna make em wanna go to the next 10 CONVICTS you BLOW.....but bullshittin with em during a boring ass GAME OF SPADES WILL!

(only 4 paragraphs this time..damn, im gettin good!)

:dead:

Naked Man

On the Rise
Jun 15, 2002
You got me spittin on my self ,,laughing too hard.,,,,mmmwaaaaaaaaaahhahahahaha, , , , , , , , , ,can't take it any more,,,,,,,@Tadou, , , keep postin' your dumb ass thoughts so 206 can amuse us. @ 206--your fuckin' hilarious dog!!

Naked Man

On the Rise
Jun 15, 2002
On the real tho---Add a thread strictly for clownin',, If someone starts a respectable thread asking for legitimate info,, Don't disrespect it by cloggin it with bullshit.

@ Notes,,
I would advise a "street team". Recruit several teens,, preferrably cute girls,,and send them to every function thruout the town. Most guys won't turn down conversation with an attractive young lady who's promoting something. Even if they don't purchase,,,they WILL remember who you are.

Just my 2 pennies.