Where the Wild Things Are

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
I remember seeing my cousins bedroom when we were little and he had "Wild Things" - Wallpaper. I envied the shit outta him lol

Gonna watch it for sure!

Feb 11, 2005
im watching this cause spike jonze is directing it. if he wasn't i would just read the book again. im gonna watch this all fucking high.

emma

Sicc OG
Apr 5, 2006
Maurice Sendak To Concerned Parents: Go To Hell!

If you're worried about taking your kids to see Where The Wild Things Are after reports of crying children having to leave screenings of the rough cut, halfway through, then Maurice Sendak has a message for you: "Go to hell."

A story in the Oct. 19 Newsweek contains this classic exchange:

What do you say to parents who think the Wild Things film may be too scary?

Sendak: I would tell them to go to hell. That's a question I will not tolerate.

Because kids can handle it?

Sendak: If they can't handle it, go home. Or wet your pants. Do whatever you like. But it's not a question that can be answered.

Jonze: Dave, you want to field that one?

Eggers: The part about kids wetting their pants? Should kids wear diapers when they go to the movies? I think adults should wear diapers going to it, too. I think everyone should be prepared for any eventuality.

So apparently I was wrong about Michael Bay being the film-maker most eager to have us all wear diapers to the movies.
http://io9.com/5380052/maurice-sendak-to-concerned-parents-go-to-hell

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
haha that little article Emma posted is hilarious

Sendak: If they can't handle it, go home. Or wet your pants. Do whatever you like. But it's not a question that can be answered.

Eggers: The part about kids wetting their pants? Should kids wear diapers when they go to the movies? I think adults should wear diapers going to it, too. I think everyone should be prepared for any eventuality.

these 2 had me rollin...Sendak is 81 years old, so his reaction is legit, and dave eggers is pretty cool too...i like his work, i just started reading A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius. Im gonna have to google what his role with the movie is. Edit: Eggers co-wrote the screenplay with Jonze.

But really its like what the fuck do u expect? if a 5 year old is gonna cry at a movie maybe u shouldnt be taking them there.

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
It was cool because I remember my mom reading this shit with me when I was a little kid. I would have never imagined that there was a movie for this that would ever come out. Now I was able to take my 4 year old to see the film some 22 years later.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Liked it a lot, didn't love it.

Set design/locations, the puppets, cinematography = fucking amazing

No real story or purpose to the movie but it made me remember the good times being a kid and just letting your imagination run wild.