Where the Wild Things Are

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
slashfilm.com said:
New Photos From Spike Jonze’s Where The Wild Things Are

Posted on Sunday, March 22nd, 2009 at 7:26 pm by: Peter Sciretta

Warner Bros has released a bunch of new photos from Spike Zone’s big screen adaptation of Where The Wild Things Are in USA Today. Here are some of the details we found in the article:

• The film expands on “Max’s home life that shed light on why he felt the need to run off to a magical place.”
  • The only words in the teaser trailer (attached to Monsters vs. Alienshttp://www.slashfilm.com/2009/03/22/new-photos-from-spike-jonzes-where-the-wild-things-are/#) is one single line spoken by the Wild Thing called Carol (seen above), voiced by James Galdofini, welcoming Max to the new world: “I didn’t want to wake you up. But I really want to show you something.”
  • Though the Wild Things are nameless in the book, Jonze decided who was who based on their personalities.
  • Other cast members include: Catherine O’Hara, who voices the Wild Thing with the rhino horn named Judith, Forest Whitaker, who voices the Wild Thing with the big nose, Lauren Ambrose who voices the Wild Thing named KW (shown after the jump in the face to face shot), Chris Cooper who voices Douglas the and Paul Dano who voices Alexander the goat.
Check out more photos after the jump.​

NICE!

Feb 7, 2006
Ohhh weee been waiting on this for 4 years. THis is a good choice for a former music video director (highly visual film)...and yes, it isw nice to see some puppetry again...hollywood has been going overboard with the cgi. Only movie I wanna see cgi in is Avatar.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
It's not going to be R, that would be box office suicide. My guess is PG.

Trailer:

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/where-the-wild-things-are/trailer

The monsters look fucing awesome. Puppets FTW!!! Fuck all this CGI shit... although I there is a little bit in the movie.

This picture was taken at the Jim Henson Creature Shop. It's great they used the most prestigious puppet making shop in the world.

This is partly the reason the reshoots and ratings came into play:

On why the studio freaked out: “I think that’s what freaked the studio out about the movie too. It wasn’t a studio film for kids, or it wasn’t a traditional film about kids. We didn’t have like a Movie Kid in our movie, or a Movie Performance in a Movie Kid world. We had a real kid and a real world, and I think that’s sort of where our problem was. In the end they realized the movie is what it is, and there’s no real way to… it’s sort of like they were expecting a boy and I gave birth to a girl. So they just needed their time to sort that out and figure out how they were going to learn to love their new daughter.”
“Yet I’m hearing that just such a massive reshoot is what is on the table right now. And it’s not because of technical issues, unless you want to consider the lead kid actor and the script technical issues. Sources tell me that the suits at Legendary and Warner Bros are not happy with Max Records, the actor playing Max, the mischievous boy who is crowned King of the Wild Things. Worse than that, they don’t like the film’s tone and want to go back to the script drawing board, possibly losing the Spike Jonze/Dave Eggers script when they do it. Apparently the film is too weird and ‘too scary,’ and the character of Max is being seen as not likable.”

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall

This picture was taken at the Jim Henson Creature Shop. It's great they used the most prestigious puppet making shop in the world.

This is partly the reason the reshoots and ratings came into play:
That's weak. The reshoot, etc, etc... not them using Jim Henson Creature Shop. That's awesome.

How old are those two parts you quoted? Link(s) please?

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Nuttkase, go to www.slashfilm.com and type in "Where the Wild Things Are" in their /film search bar. It'll bring up the articles I quoted previous. My apologies for forgetting to link you.

Anywho, the second theatrical poster.

Feb 14, 2004
i remember the books. might have been more hyped to see it if it came out back in the day. but you know, i'll still go see it.