Whats the best softward to record with n why?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
www.streetlevelrecords.com
YOUNGMOE said:
jealousy? maybe if you were E-40 i'd feel some jealousy, or Ric Roc...yeah i'd admit i'm jealous of them...

you on the otherhand are just an asshole, who thinks he's above all those starting out...

i should get a sense of humor? you should reach for a sense of humility
Why would you be jealous of any man? Are you a male groupie?

Now....about me being an "asshole".....YOU MUTHAFUCKIN' RIGHT! And I don't give a fuck......whatcha think of that? I'm not here to pet ego's and tell people what they *WANT* to hear.....I'm here to spit the REAL. If you're shit is WACK.....I'ma tell you it's WACK. If I think you ain't got no business trying to make beats.....I'ma tell you that! It's **MY OPINION**......take it or leave it. Consider me like Simon from American Idol......"you're NOT going to Hollywood!"

I eat, sleep, shit and LIVE this music shit.....so I guess in a way I do think I'm above people......the BULLSHITTERS that is!

Oct 10, 2002
skichdesigns.com
-Intro-
@Mr.D-Sane...I'm not about no internet beef...You don't hurt me in any wayz....I'm no hater at all...I come to the conclusion that you just talk shit to bring attention to yourself and your music.Which is good.But,you're no A-Wax.When Wax talks shit on here.Its real.How do I know you ask? Because real peep real.As of in your case...You're just a dude that peep others tactics and follow in their shoes.I can see it in you real easy....Now,you are very good at making beats 4 sure.But no need to try and be something you're not.YOU ARE NOT STREET BRO.I can easily see that.Be respected for something you're good at.Making beats.When you be yourself.You'll be appreciated more & you'll go a long way.Stop trying to step out of your realm before you step on yourself.
-Outro-

Jan 25, 2003
Mr. D-Sane said:
Now....about me being an "asshole".....YOU MUTHAFUCKIN' RIGHT! And I don't give a fuck......whatcha think of that? I'm not here to pet ego's and tell people what they *WANT* to hear.....I'm here to spit the REAL. If you're shit is WACK.....I'ma tell you it's WACK. If I think you ain't got no business trying to make beats.....I'ma tell you that! It's **MY OPINION**......take it or leave it. Consider me like Simon from American Idol......"you're NOT going to Hollywood!"

I eat, sleep, shit and LIVE this music shit.....so I guess in a way I do think I'm above people......the BULLSHITTERS that is!
sorry i was lookin in this thread for info on pro tools but couldnt help but see this

1) good no one should kiss ass and i think its sick how some of the groupies on these boards suck dick for these artists

2) you are NOT simon form American Idol, nor are you in any position to liken yourself to him. hes an asshole who has been behind MANY hits. your the asshole who owns Street Level Records. yes i know youre "big bad street level, the hottest label in the 206, yadayadayada" but to tell you the truth i cant tell the difference between Street Level Records and the typical siccness "real nigga records" or "2sicc records" or whatever

yes youre good at making beats but so is Big J and Heresy and they took the time to be civil

Apr 25, 2002
Mr. D-Sane said:

Why would you be jealous of any man? Are you a male groupie?

1 QUESTION FOR YOU D........HOW WOULD YOU HAVE FELT IF WHEN YOU WERE STARTING OUT SOMEONE MORE EXPERIENCED THAN YOU TOLD YOU JUST TO GIVE IT UP????LIKE I'VE SAID BEFORE,EVERYONE HAS TO START SOMETIME......SOME,LIKE THIS GUY,DECIDED TO START LATER THAN SOME OF US....YOU NEVER KNOW,IN THE FUTURE THIS DUDE COULD BECOME THE NEXT DRE OR PREMIERE....HE MAY SUCK THE FAT ONE TOO......BUT HE CAME HERE TO GET "EXPERT" ADVICE FROM THOSE MORE EXPERIENCED THAN HIM....WHATS WRONG WITH YOU SHARING YOUR VAST KNOWLEDGE WITH SOMEONE NOT ON YOUR LEVEL YET?YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN THE GUY YOU PISSED ON MIGHT BE THE ONE YOU NEED HELP FROM SOMEDAY....

YOU KNOW I'M NOT A D-SANE HATER.....I'M JUST SPITTIN THE REAL...DON'T SHIT ON PEOPLE'S DREAMS,NO MATTER HOW MUCH THEY MAY SEEM OUTTA REACH IN YOUR EYES......TRAGIC.

May 15, 2002
www.psurecords.com
TRAGIC LOSSES said:
1 QUESTION FOR YOU D........HOW WOULD YOU HAVE FELT IF WHEN YOU WERE STARTING OUT SOMEONE MORE EXPERIENCED THAN YOU TOLD YOU JUST TO GIVE IT UP????LIKE I'VE SAID BEFORE,EVERYONE HAS TO START SOMETIME......SOME,LIKE THIS GUY,DECIDED TO START LATER THAN SOME OF US....YOU NEVER KNOW,IN THE FUTURE THIS DUDE COULD BECOME THE NEXT DRE OR PREMIERE....HE MAY SUCK THE FAT ONE TOO......BUT HE CAME HERE TO GET "EXPERT" ADVICE FROM THOSE MORE EXPERIENCED THAN HIM....WHATS WRONG WITH YOU SHARING YOUR VAST KNOWLEDGE WITH SOMEONE NOT ON YOUR LEVEL YET?YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN THE GUY YOU PISSED ON MIGHT BE THE ONE YOU NEED HELP FROM SOMEDAY....

YOU KNOW I'M NOT A D-SANE HATER.....I'M JUST SPITTIN THE REAL...DON'T SHIT ON PEOPLE'S DREAMS,NO MATTER HOW MUCH THEY MAY SEEM OUTTA REACH IN YOUR EYES......TRAGIC.

Thats the way the game rotates. TRU shit.

BIG J

Sicc OG
Apr 26, 2002
RaginHomosexual said:
yes youre good at making beats but so is Big J and Heresy and they took the time to be civil
Good lookin' out Fag! lol.

This seems to come up evertime someone wants some guidance/advice about where to start out. If you go to sign up for Drum Lessons or Piano lessons, and you don't know shit about shit, the teacher isn't just gonna say "you weren't cut out for this, quit while you're ahead." It's all about Motivation and Determination. I try to be helpful, and for the youngsters or the Late Bloomers, they all need the info(and you sure as fuck can't get it from most the people at guitar center, they just put you in front of any piece of equipment and try to sell it to you. Even if the salesman doesn't know shit about the product, they'll act like they do). I've been on this board since I began doin' production/beats(Spring 2000) but I already had a musical background, so it helped the learning curve. A lot of it is trial and error.
Good luck to all

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
BIG J said:

Good lookin' out Fag! lol.

This seems to come up evertime someone wants some guidance/advice about where to start out. If you go to sign up for Drum Lessons or Piano lessons, and you don't know shit about shit, the teacher isn't just gonna say "you weren't cut out for this, quit while you're ahead." It's all about Motivation and Determination. I try to be helpful, and for the youngsters or the Late Bloomers, they all need the info(and you sure as fuck can't get it from most the people at guitar center, they just put you in front of any piece of equipment and try to sell it to you. Even if the salesman doesn't know shit about the product, they'll act like they do). I've been on this board since I began doin' production/beats(Spring 2000) but I already had a musical background, so it helped the learning curve. A lot of it is trial and error.
Good luck to all
SO TRUE. ESPECIALLY ABOUT THE GUITAR CENTER THING. I REMEMBER I WENT TO THE GUITAR CENTER IN FRISCO AS SOON AS REASON 1.0 HIT THE STREETS. I ASKED THE SALESMAN SEVERAL QUESTIONS ABOUT REASON.

HERESY:CAN I USE REASON AS A MASTER FOR MTC?

GC WORKER: ITS INTERNAL

HERESY:CAN I USE AN EXTERNAL KEYBOARD,SYNTH OR SEQUENCER AND CONTROL REASON OR RECORD INTO IT?

HERESY: AM I ABLE TO USE AUX SENDS ROUTE THE SIGNALS TO AN EXTERNAL FX UNIT?

I HAVENT SHOPPED AT THAT GUITAR CENTER SINCE. THE BEST ONE IN THE BAY IS THE ONE IN CONCORD. DONT GO TO THE ONE IN EL CERRITO. I WENT TO THAT SPOT LOOKING FOR A *BEAR CLAW*. THATS SOMETHING THAT YOU USE FOR YOUR WIRES (SO YOU CAN HANG THEM UP). THEY GUY TOLD ME THEY DIDNT CARRY A PRODUCT LIKE THAT AND THAT I SHOULD TRY YARD BIRDS OR HOME DEPOT.....:confused: I SEARCHED THE STORE AND 15 MINUTES LATER I FOUND THE CLAW......:dead:

:h:

BIG J

Sicc OG
Apr 26, 2002
I wanted to work there(San Jose) But I didn't like the fools workin' there, they have hella big egos, and they don't pay shit, on the other hand it could be a good place to network with some people. there are a couple cool folks that work there. I usually don't need their help when I go in there anyways, Cuz I always research the products I want to get Extensively. They do have a few good deals here and there.

Kaze

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
SPORADIC said:
Wuzzup with the cakewalk software..I read up on it and it seems like it can do a pretty good job.But,I rarely hear anyone recommending it.
Thats exactley what i'd like to know too. Anyone?

Apr 25, 2002
Why is it that 90+% of the people who work in music stores either don't play any instruments or don't know shit about anything?

I'm so sick of these sucka ass salesman coming up sounding like straight idiots and trying to sell me stuff they can't even play. I clown these days man, I don't give a fuck. Save yourself the embarassment homie...if I need something, I'll come let you know. Otherwise, there ain't anything a 8-10-12/hr. (or whatever they're paid) store employee can offer me but some irritation.

May 13, 2002
man i been shopping at gc since 88,aint shit changed! i will say this though im glad as hell they have stores in the bay ,shit leos audio charge a grip for shit

as far as the sm58 mic it very old school, it was and is a very good mic for agressive vocals, it can handle very high levels without clipping, thats why its still around ,ten years ago alot of this shit people use today was out of reach for 90% of artist and home studios, i use a u87 but would have no problem using a 58 on a project, it all comes down to the mix anyway,and who dont have the tools to mix with these days?

28g w/o the bag

politically incorrect
Jan 18, 2003
metro's jurisdiction
siccness.net
i used Digital Performer 3 this weekend.... made 2 songs for my cousin in LA..... i like this alot, and this'll definately do until i can afford a ProTools setup

and yeah, some folks at Guitar Center be actin all high and mighty.... like they don't give a fuck.... i remember that experience when asking about the Triton when it first came out.... and remember how they switched up all of a sudden and started kissin my ass when I bought it......

Kaze

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
mo-x said:

in todays generation where you can literally get anything off the internet, why take the time to download a cracked version of cakewalk when you can just as easily download Cubase? no point, so go with the gold.
... cakewalk software vs cubase's maker is like is like ford and chevy from what i have read on reviews... Cubase SX is out now... Well so is Sonar XL 2.2 :confused: So if they both are about on the same level than why does noone use sonar?