Whats the best softward to record with n why?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 10, 2002
skichdesigns.com
I'm interested in getting in the game.What software you recommend to record with n why?
What are the advantages?
If possible,take a screen shot of the software and lemme see what it look like......1

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
Mr. D-Sane said:
Stop now......it's too late.
LoL, Real Talk..... to a certain extent.

Well, Sporadic Im not gonna do all that for you, but go research on software and hardware yourself, you will be more satisfied that way. There is good information on this section of the forum alone if you look in the right threads.

Jan 22, 2003
^
man, ya'll would rather criticize someone in the same loafers you were once in then to help them move up.

sporadic i heard of pro tools. but don't know if its a computer software or what cuz im not much learned myself on these thangs. ill do some research and let you know homie.

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
Conquest said:
^
man, ya'll would rather criticize someone in the same loafers you were once in then to help them move up.

sporadic i heard of pro tools. but don't know if its a computer software or what cuz im not much learned myself on these thangs. ill do some research and let you know homie.
I didn't ciriticize him, I gave him advice, there is SO MUCH INFORMATION on the internet, all you have to do is look.

Apr 26, 2002
I would suggest pickin' up some magazines, thye are always reviewing Software and Gear, as well as tips, and the basics. Try these:
Electronic Musician
Home recording
Recording
Mix
EQ

all very good magazines, I subscribe to all of them, and have helped me a lot. you may not know what they are talkin' about at first, but you catch on pretty quick. Another option is to check your local Community College, a lot do offer classes in recording Arts/Commercial Music, that way you can try out some software/Hardware.
Good Luck Sporadic, and if you have any questions You can hit me on the phone

Apr 26, 2002
^Plus a lot of companies offer Demo Versions of their software, so you can try thm out and get a feel for it before you buy it, or Get a pirated version, but Pirated versions don't include Customer Support

May 15, 2002
www.psurecords.com
Dont be afraid to be in the business, People will love you and people will hate you both will happen regardless. Keep your dream alive regardless how outsiders feal. I recomend you hookin up with any producer in the CHI and asking him the same question. You will get better results or he may throw a bid to record you an album which may be more of an advantage then buying all the equipment...Good luck.

Apr 25, 2002
What software you should record in is whatever software suits your needs man. Simple as that.

You need to figure out exactly what you are trying to do. Recording audio? Midi sequencing? Audio & midi sequencing? Use virtual instruments? Sampling? Record vocals? And so on...

Most people here are willing to offer their advice but you've got to be willing to do some homework yourself too like has already been suggested.

General questions get general answers homie.

Oct 10, 2002
skichdesigns.com
Thanks everyone for their feedback.Wuzzup with the cakewalk software..I read up on it and it seems like it can do a pretty good job.But,I rarely hear anyone recommending it.I'll like the kind of vocals where the quality,editing etc is superb or acceptable...

As far as Mr.D-Sane talking down about a newbie in need of advice.I think its a shame that a man in his shoes does a such thing when he's experienced in the field.Well,Hataz.We can never live without em so I expect shit like that......1

Apr 25, 2002
here's your typical signal chain for computer recording alright?

#1=Microphone(so you want to make sure whatever you get is good for YOU)
#2=MicPreamp(people have started to realize this can make or break a great recording...)
#3=Compressor/Limiter(if you dont use a plugin for such on your computer)
#4=Soundcard, this is going to be your big step, because with a good soundcard, you can have ALRIGHT equipment and still sound good, but good equipment with a bad soundcard is useless...what you pick depends on your budget)
#5 The Editing Program...pretty easy to find a good one, just check up reviews online

Oct 10, 2002
skichdesigns.com
YOUNGMOE said:
here's your typical signal chain for computer recording alright?

#1=Microphone(so you want to make sure whatever you get is good for YOU)
#2=MicPreamp(people have started to realize this can make or break a great recording...)
#3=Compressor/Limiter(if you dont use a plugin for such on your computer)
#4=Soundcard, this is going to be your big step, because with a good soundcard, you can have ALRIGHT equipment and still sound good, but good equipment with a bad soundcard is useless...what you pick depends on your budget)
#5 The Editing Program...pretty easy to find a good one, just check up reviews online
Thanks a lot youngmoe...thats a real informative response........1

Couple questions...mic preamp...they say a mic pre-amp is a critical piece of equipment in the studio.a little mic like the shure-58 will actually make the music sound great through a pre amp but a expensive mic through a cheap pre can sound terrible.is that true......

Apr 25, 2002
Couple questions...mic preamp...they say a mic pre-amp is a critical piece of equipment in the studio.a little mic like the shure-58 will actually make the music sound great through a pre amp but a expensive mic through a cheap pre can sound terrible.is that true.......

welll...umm...i gues so lol, i've never stuck a bad mic through a great preamp...though i have stucka great mic through a BAD PREAMP, and it's not the effect i'd like...but yeah with a $200-300 microphone and a nice preamp like the RNP or Aphex 207 (both $450) you're pretty set

May 15, 2002
www.psurecords.com
The shure 58 is a piece of shit? Damn your really just starting out.. Its all good everybody was there once.. Its great if your performing.. Not for studio use tho. its $100 for that mic, and it has other flaws... check the khz.. this is its capture range... its 50-15.. great for mids, i perfer the largest range possiable and eq it.. so i reccomend at your price range the b1 large diaphragm cardidoid condenser free shockmount free windscreen $99 musicans friend and its khz it 20-20... pre amp... use tube to get results but phantom is good on a buget.. Alright... good luck with yourself and dont believe everything you read go learn it yourself...