WHAT'S OUR IDENTITY?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
i really don't understand the comparisons...
can you give some examples as to how we sound like LA?
daygo is a melting pot of many different cultures, styles, and sounds..and its only a matter of time before we get our shine.
for people that don;t like daygo rap..you really need to understand the culture, really grasp what life is like in daygo to understand imo. either that or you just hatin lol

Feb 27, 2003
www.eccentric.tk
FREAKS said:
the way i do it is: i rep SD & WESTCOAST, but i dont do it over traditional WESTCOAST BEATS & im VERY lyrical.

if you dont SOUND westcoast, but REP westcoast, you get MUCH love........... ive gotten some huge connects based on the style right there. so i think it has to do more with our music, than our image. we let alot of bullshit emcees sell records in our city/county based on they STREET REP. FUCK THAT, lets base it on TALENT. em didnt have no credit, he got detroit to blow the FUCK up. im trying to get that eminem money. man, fuck that - id be happy withthat obie trice money.

alot of dago needs to step up they bar game.
couldnt of said it better myself, i hear what mitch is saying and i been screamin that shit for a hot one, im tired of all these lil bozo ass doods runnin around reppin our spot wrong screamin all this bay slang and im tired of all these djs in the spot when all they do is spin bay shit, the problem goes farther then just kids, its the whole sd scene right now, im a emcee myself and i know exactly what freaks is speakin on too, cause sd let alot of ma fuccas pass with cred and no talent, thats where we fucked up, sd aint never gon have a name for itself lettin some of these doods represent us, kats need to start comin together and puttin doods on that actually can spit. cause iono bout anyone else but when mitch spit on the basement that was one of sd's rap scenes illest moments on the timeline, do you think alot of these doods in sd thats puttin out cd's could be on the basement? nope. i have a balance, we need to be our selves but at the same time if a dood got a different flow than the typical sd gangsta flow and dont have the illest street cred that dont mean the kid shouldnt be given a chance to shine, cause we keep doin that and sd never goin no where.

Dec 7, 2004
www.myspace.com
Ra$an said:
daygo is a melting pot of many different cultures, styles, and sounds..and its only a matter of time before we get our shine.
for people that don;t like daygo rap..you really need to understand the culture, really grasp what life is like in daygo to understand imo. either that or you just hatin lol
i agree with this post 100%...Daygo is a melting pot, half of the ppl here are not original San Diegans (born and raised)..They from all over the place

Apr 25, 2002
www.getyourfinancesright.com
Ra$an said:
@Rasan, DucefacD and whoever else who is misunderstanding what I'm sayin'. I'm not really talkin' about the SOUND, I'm talkin' about the CONTENT!!!! AND HOW THE REST OF THE COUNTRY IS GOING TO LOOK AT IT. NO MATTER HOW AUTHENTIC OUR GANG SHIT IS, OR HOW AUTHENTIC US DAGO NIGGAZ ARE, ON A NATIONAL LEVEL THE OTHER "PARTS" OF THE COUNTRY IS STILL GOING TO THINK THAT WE'RE FOLLOWIN' LA WITH THE CRIP/BLOOD SHIT, AND THAT SHIT AIN'T NEW!!!! OR UNIQUE. Imagine any one of us gettin' on BET or MTV sayin' yeah we bang in Dago, muthafuccas ain't going to be impressed with that! That's not going to make us sell a million records. And if we come the Bay way, they're really going to know it's not US! But again, I'm not sayin' don't represent, because that's how we were really raised, but that CAN'T be our selling point. We need our own style, culture, slang, etc. I know bangin' is a part of it, but we need our OWN swagger and flava, where niggaz can immediately identify it with Dago niggaz. I'm glad this shit got niggaz thinkin' though, because that's all I wanted it to do...If not to make it better for me, then to make it better for the next nigga...

MITCHY SLICK

CEO/Artist WrongKind Records
Jan 29, 2003
FREAKS said:
the way i do it is: i rep SD & WESTCOAST, but i dont do it over traditional WESTCOAST BEATS & im VERY lyrical.

if you dont SOUND westcoast, but REP westcoast, you get MUCH love........... ive gotten some huge connects based on the style right there. so i think it has to do more with our music, than our image. we let alot of bullshit emcees sell records in our city/county based on they STREET REP. FUCK THAT, lets base it on TALENT. em didnt have no credit, he got detroit to blow the FUCK up. im trying to get that eminem money. man, fuck that - id be happy withthat obie trice money.

alot of dago needs to step up they bar game.
NAH,FUCK DAT,LET'S USE BOTH.MAYBEE JAZZ OR SOME THIN ELSE COULD GO LIKE THAT BUT WE GONE DO THIS DAGO RAP SHIT FOR NIGGAS IN THE STREET'S.PEOPLE IN THE URBAN COMMUNITIES OF SD,U KNOW WHERE THE PEOPLE THAT LISTEN TO IT LIVE.U KNOW,SOUTH EAST.U KNOW WHERE ALL THE GANGSTA ASS NIGGAS BE AT.THIS AINT DETROIT OR WHERE EVER.WE GONE SHOW IT HOW IT REALLY IS IN DAGO STREET'S,AND WE AINT GONE LISTEN TO NO LIE'N ASS NIGGAS MISREPRESENT IT.

ALOT OF NIGGAS NEED TO STEP UP THEY HUSTLE GAME AND GET A SONG ON THE RADIO OR AT LEAST GET IN THE SOURCE BEFORE THEY THINK THEY A REAL RAPPER.

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003
I DIG WHAT YOU SAYIN ON THE CONTENT AND ABOUT HAVIN OUR OWN.

WE GOT THAT. OUR STYLE IS SUMTHIN LIKE CREOLE, I CANT EXPLAIN THAT TASTE BUT I LOVE IT!

CONTENT...THATS KIND OF A HARD ONE TO SEPERATE YOURSELF FROM CAUSE IF YOU REALLY LOOK AT IT.....(TO ME I THINK THAT...) NIGGAZ IN EVERY DIFFERENT PART OF THE REGION TALK ABOUT THE SAME THING JUST THAT THEY STYLE OF RAPPIN AND THE REGION THEY IN IS DIFFERENT. WHETHER ITS ON SOME BANGIN/RIDIN, SIKK TYPE, BAKKPAKK/METAMORPHIC SHIT, FLOSSIN...ITS ALL IN THE REGION IMO...WE ARE US

AND I GUESS TO FIGURE OUT WHAT "US" ACTUALLY IS WOULD BE TO GO THRU WHATEVER YOU HAVE FROM ANY SD ARTIST AND JUST MARINATE...THATS WHAT I DO

I DONT EVEN THINK OF GANGBANG MUSIC WHEN I SEE SD RAP, EVEN THO ALL THE NIGGAZ REALLY DOIN IT BIGG IN THIS UNDERGROUND SD RAP GAME DO. NOW IF I HEARD BLOOD THIS BLOOD THAT CUZZ THIS CUZZ THAT WE FINNA RIDE SONG IN SONG OUT ALBUM AFTER ALBUM THEN ID THINK WE WAS ON THAT BANGIN SHIT HARD ON WAX....BUT I DONT TOO MUCH HEAR THAT...I DO HEAR A LOT OF GOOD MUSIC THO...FROM ALL SIDES...(ie: THE SIDAZ???-MY OWN & ECAY UNO-MENTAL SCARS the track & MITCHY SLICK-BOWTIE BRIGADE)<<<GOOD MUSIC!!

THATS SD THO, GOOD MUSIC!!

AND WHERE CAN A NIGGA FIND THAT LINE IN YOUR SIG?...IM FEELIN THAT!

Aug 15, 2002
i dont really think it matters anymore if people think we are biting LA cuz Jeezy is a crip nobody calls him a biter and the newest ZRo album is going to be called Blood and Crip and on the cover its some other dude as a blood and ZRo is the crip...ill post the cover later

Jun 16, 2005
Wallnutz said:
i dont really think it matters anymore if people think we are biting LA cuz Jeezy is a crip nobody calls him a biter and the newest ZRo album is going to be called Blood and Crip and on the cover its some other dude as a blood and ZRo is the crip...ill post the cover later
its point blank the bull and zro.
chances are that shit will never drop anyway.

lookin like the mortal kombat versus screen..

Sep 27, 2005
THE OTHER "PARTS" OF THE COUNTRY IS STILL GOING TO THINK THAT WE'RE FOLLOWIN' LA WITH THE CRIP/BLOOD SHIT, AND THAT SHIT AIN'T NEW!!!! OR UNIQUE.
well ya'll ARE followin LA with tha blood and crip shit lol wtf...

Feb 9, 2006
don't know about the context but ya'll need more exposure i only know a hand full of dago artist and i've been listening to cali rap for over 12 years...dago does have some bomb ass shit though...

MITCHY SLICK

CEO/Artist WrongKind Records
Jan 29, 2003
WattsUp said:
well ya'll ARE followin LA with tha blood and crip shit lol wtf...

IF U THINK WE'RE FOLLOWIN L.A. THEN U DON'T REALLY LISTEN TO THE REAL DAGO NIGGAS.THAT'S ENOUGH OF THIS WATTS UP BULLSHIT.NO MORE REPLIES FOR UR HATIN ASS.JUST WATCH WHAT WE DO IN 06.HOPE U WILL OPEN UR EARS SO U CAN HEAR THE SMASHING.WHERE U FROM ANYWAY?I LOVE MAKIN BELEIVERS OUT OF NIGGAS.

Jun 17, 2005
www.RaPimp.com
Man, Just keep it real... really... Be yourself and do your thang... Maintain YOUR identity as an artist... and Once you GOT something that YOU believe is hot... Put it out there... is 20% music and 80% business... So better know what the fuck you're doing... as far as content... Talk about what you do, what you know, what you will do... What you think about... What you feel... what you've done... homie... Music is a way to express yourself... Is your life on CD... I really dont think that an Artist out of Daygo coming with that BANGING ON WAX HELLA HARD shit is gonna put daygo on... Daygo breeds all kinds of characters you feel me... I moved out here to dago from Dominican Republic when I was 12... and I'm 24... When I first moved out there... I didnt know what the fuck a filipino was... I was at Ofarrell... Met all kind of different people... it was a fuckin culture shock... YOU got your cool "E" popping shroom eating dudes... Then you got them pretty boy niggas who think they pimps and can game any bitch... then you got the Real Pimps that get it... Then you got that Gansta ass dude.. Banged out... Then you got that Get Money street dude with a Brain on his shoulder... then you get the niggas that know a little bit about everything... etc... Is a little bit of everything man... I go back to New York to visit my fam... Niggas be telling me that I sound like I'm from the south and shit... But anyways, what I'm trying to say is, JUST BE YOURSELF HOMIE!!!

Dec 6, 2005
www.facebook.com
DAGO RAP IS BASICALLY STORIES THAT EACH RAPPER BEEN THROUGH.IF YALL LISTEN TO UNDERGROUND DAGO YALL KNOW THAT REALLY ITS ALL STORIES OF LIFE.NOBODY TRYIN TO ACCEPT US YET WE TOO REAL FOR THA MAINSTREAM GAME WE RIPPIN UP THA UNDERGROUND RIGHT NOW.ITS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE THE MAINSTREAM GRASP US.MOST LIKELY WHEN THE FIRST MAINSTREAM ALBUM DROP,WITH VIDEOS AND SHIT LIKE THAT.