WHAT'S OUR IDENTITY?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 18, 2003
i see it like this, i don't even go to L.A. for music the only people out of L.A. that i bump is n.w.a. and westside connection but the problem is L.A. is watered down and commercialized. they paid their dues and now they're catering to anyone and everyone who's gonna buy their record. that means more squares and girls.

the bay is trying to re-invent themselves right now with the hyphy movement. they've always had their own identity and always struggled to make it. they had their time around mid 90's you seen them in videos and everything. people that know will and always will show luv cause their in the middle they got some heavy hitters that can make it on tv and radio but then if you dig deeper they got talent some people might not know about but they have talent regarless.

then thats where sac comes in not many people know they got talent i mean the underground knows but no one blew quiet the way the bay has done. they got a strong following though there's no denying that but i still think the top dudes like x, lynch and c-bo still control that shit. they got the biggest following.

and as for dago i can compare them to sac they have the closests relation as far as their following. sac came up out of nowhere and it grew bigger and bigger. thats whats dago is doing right now but if you look at sac it hit it's peak and your left with a handfull of dudes still holding it down the rest you have'nt really heard from?

will dago be in that same position? it seems like it just might but i'd luv for them to blow cause if i want REAL TALENT RAW NEW TALENT thats where i go to get my music. i don't go to L.A. cause that shit is watered down, image concsious shit.

i can't say i really go to the bay for underground shit i support my e-40's, too shorts, yukmouth, rest in peace to cougnut i been following him and i.m.p since they cracked.

i still give sac a chance but i can't bet on getting a tight album from someone i never heard from.

but i go to dago if i want to discover a new artists cause first of all you hear it in their music they're NO JOKE! wether it's the bangin or hustle'n but it's not just about that they got some ground breaking sounds from production to ground breaking lyrics. they mix the oldschool story tellin with the new school twist like e-40 said in an interview. people don't have the patients to listen to a story no more but you can mix it in there with lyrical skill and delivery and your still gonna get the same message across.

basicly if i wanna hear some real shit thats not being held back by the industry some watered down shallow shit then i go to dago cause their talent is raw and their talent is deep.

the rest of the world just got to recognize that. if two or three dudes blow and they bring some of the local artists up in their features people are gonna notice hey there's more to it than these two or three dudes. then people are gonna be hungry for more.

Jul 3, 2002
www.SIR-MOJ.com
I haven't heard all of Daygo's talent, but from what I have heard I'd say Mitchy Slick, Lil C.S, Jayo, Gangster Earn, and Big Junes old shit is the best I've heard form Daygo so far. I-rocc, I haven't heard your stuff.... Oh, and some niggas from 42nd and Market. (lon dog)...

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003
Dago WILL be known as the spot you can go to to hear sum knokkers from any given artist out that area. Whatever section you go to, them niggaz thats bangin, they all spittin heat in they own way, them niggaz thats not bangin, they spittin that heat too!

We'll find our identity, that'll come(shit, we may already have it!). What needs to happen is that the niggaz thats actually makin a buzz for SD right now, even the old schools, they all need to come together in these raps that NIGGAZ is LISTENIN to in these STREETZ and get on sum peaceful come together movement type shit. IMO thats a first step in gettin the STREETS to actually THINK about TRYIN to make a name for ourselves thru this rap shit. It can still be rydah type shit, it aint gotta be gay!

DAYGO GOT HEAT!...WE ALL THE WAY AT THE BOTTOM MAYNE WE THE MOST CONCENTRATED...WE BUMPIN ELBOWS WIT THE NEXT MAN THAT GOT HEAT ITS SO DAMN HEATED I TELL YOU!

HAHA...THATS OUR IDENTITY

DAGO; THE ONLY PLACE YOU CAN GO WHERE EVERY ARTIST PACKS SUM HEAT FA DAT AZZ......$$

If we cant get our own in the streets to support whoever drops from SD(regardless of where they from), then who else is gonna respect it?

Dec 11, 2005
The only tight shit ive ever heard from SD would be crime family records and mink loco.Like dude said isnt SD between LA and the bay area????That would explain why there a little bit of both.How many fools have you seen with a so called "indentity" havent looked stupid????Crunk(lame),hyphy(lame),and so on and on.IF YOU FEEL LIKE YOU NEED AN INDENTITY THEN YOUR A NOBODY TRYING TO BE SOMEBODY!!!Just keep it real and dont try to be somebody..nuff said..

Jun 16, 2005
KillaCityMizery said:
The only tight shit ive ever heard from SD would be crime family records and mink loco.Like dude said isnt SD between LA and the bay area????That would explain why there a little bit of both.How many fools have you seen with a so called "indentity" havent looked stupid????Crunk(lame),hyphy(lame),and so on and on.IF YOU FEEL LIKE YOU NEED AN INDENTITY THEN YOUR A NOBODY TRYING TO BE SOMEBODY!!!Just keep it real and dont try to be somebody..nuff said..
if the only thing you heard tight from sd is crime family records and mink loco you aint heard much outta dago.

thats just my opinion on your post, and i aint shittin on no one you named by sayin that.

Sep 27, 2005
DAGO MUZIC DONT EVEN SOUND LIKE L.A. MUZIC ANYWAY'S.MOST OF THE NEW L.A. ARTIST IM HEARIN NOW SOUND LIKE NEW YORK NIGGAS.AINT ONE STREET RAPPER FROM DAGO THAT HAS A NEW YORK STYLE OR SWAG.MY L.A. NIGGAS WILL EVEN TELL U THAT ALOT OF THE NEW L.A. RAPPERS SOND A LIL EASTY.THE SAME WAY I'LL TELL U THAT A GANG OF THESE LOST DAGO YOUNGSTER'S IS REACHIN TOWARDS THE BAY FOR THEIR NEW IDENTITY
thats true, but new dago rap sound like tha older l.a. rap when they used to sound west coast, but its true new l.a. niggaz sound gay as fuc on new yorks dic, alot of bay niggaz soundin like new york niggaz too, the youngstas in l.a. is lost

CALI NIGGAS WEARIN EARINGS LIKE CAMRON IS NOT US.THAT'S RIDDIN ANOTHER MANS DICK.THAT'S BUSTER SHIT.JUST CAUSE IT'S ON T.V. DONT MEAN U GOTTA DO THAT.LONG AS A NIGGA GOT HIS BREAD RITE HE CAN KNOCK ANY BITCH HE WANTS WIT SOME SWEATS AND HOUSESHOES ON.GET YO CARS AND HUSTLE UP.NOT YOUR FAKE EARINGS AND FAKE JEWELS UP.THESE NIGGAS GONE LOOK BACK AT THEY SELF IN A YEAR AND FEEL LIKE SOME HOMO'S WIT THEY DOUBLE EDGEUP'S AND PINK BUTTON UP'S.P.S
preach

Jun 16, 2005
nah. i dont know if anyone from diego sound anything like anyone from la.

you could confuse mitchy soundin like an LA nigga if you dont know better, cuz he with strong arm steady but thats only if you didnt know this nigga had music out before that, triggeration station and all that. im sure itll piss mitchy off for me to even make the connection like that , but i know better and im sure some niggas dont. but thats the only nigga i can even think of that you could fuck up and make a connection w/ and hes all the way diego (peep that south east track on the south bronx beat) matter fact all of mitchy shit has to do w/ diego, he got will blast shoutin that shit... i cant think of one nigga out here who sound LA at all. AT ALL. who? give me some names.

LA dont even really make that gangbang shit no more its all smoothed out shit, R&G as snoop would call it. my opinion LAs best is on some hip hop shit, ras kass, crooked I, etc.

Sep 27, 2005
lol wuts different about dago niggaz? sounds like l.a. to me, is tha accent different? r the beats different? after all that wuts really left to be different about...

Jun 16, 2005
you must not know shit about your own city to say san diego sounds like LA. make some comparisons instead of just talkin' to talk, and maybe someone would hear you out.

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
Ive heard someone say the crips run the westcoast rap industry,so it was hard for bloods to get recognized,It may be so but,I know crips from shotgun etc who say it aint just crip,if you aint neighborhood,you can get looked over...I think the identity subject is touchy cause people real sensitive.I think dago has an old westcoast/L.A. gangsta rap sound.Thats dago...and I respect that...thats what I love...Aint nothin wrong with gangsta rap....I was thinking about this earlier, the problem in the industry is too many are following trends..E-40 linking with lil jon...good business move....bad for the westcoast.Do you. and be good at what you do...when all the smoke and mirrors disappear with all that hyphy trends,and down south laffy taffy type shit....be in a position where you great at what you doin, for those that say...all they rap about is gangsta shit..so fuckin what...as long as motherfuckers keep getting locked up,hustlin,pimpin,jackin etc....there will be a market for it. the reason dago lrycist may be looked over has nothing to do with gangsta rap.....get your ass out there and hustle,promote,showing up to a rap battle with some hot 16 aint shit.The ones who are doing it the most aint solely cause they rap gangsta, its cause they have the business sense to cater to there market promote to that and press up and sell.

Jun 16, 2005
what im trippin offa is how does san diego sound like the old LA? just give me some comparisons. diego been out here banging all this time.. whos doing shit that LA used to do? or are you just saying we ressurected gangsta rap? if thats what you mean, cool.. it aint like we stole some shit, niggas is just gettin it how they live. you could even say the torch was passed and we ran with it.

otherwise i dont see no nigga out here bitin on la....i just wanna get that clear..what niggas is doin out here is seperate of any other spot cuz if it wasnt niggas would go elsewhere for they music..but obviously we got the heat rocks here..

Sep 27, 2005
wuts different dumbass, answer the question

the content is the same, the beats r the same maybe a lil more new age, niggaz talk like west coast niggaz, wuts the difference?

Jun 16, 2005
you trying to answer a question with a question cuz you cant explain your own stupid ass comment

and im not gon help you out. so what you need to do is explain your shit or you just look like a hater. i aint got shit to explain cuz i hear what we put out and it dont sound nothin like LA.

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003
WHATS THE MEANING OF "THE SOUND OF L.A.?

I HAVNT HEARD ANYBODY FROM DAGO WHO LYRICALLY "SOUNDS" LIKE A NIGGA OUT OF L.A. I THINK L.A. NIGGAZ DO HAVE A CERTAIN SOUND TO THEM...IN THEY RAPPIN AND THEY WORDS AND DELIVERY......THE CONTENT MIGHT BE THE SAME BUT THE FLOW ISNT.

BEATWISE THATS A DIFFERENT STORY IMO. WHENEVER I HEAR A CRICKET BEAT I THINK OF L.A. GANGSTA SHIT....THAT SHIT MASH NONETHELESS.

US DAGO NIGGAZ GOT AN ORIGINAL SOUND AND YOU CAN BET THAT....NOT ONLY THAT..WE GOT MORE THAN JUST ONE TYPE OF SOUND/FLOW.

WHEN I FIRST HEARD MITCHY RAP I HAD TO GET USED TO IT CAUSE IT WAS LIKE NUTHIN I EVER HEARD BEFORE....SHIT SOAKED IN NOW EVERY SONG IN LISTENIN TO LUVN THAT NIGGA STYLE.

WHO ELSE YOU KNOW SPITTIN LIKE MOOCH MASSIVE, BOSS HOGG, DON DIEGO, DAMU, YOUNG HOGG, ....OR DUCEFACED FOR THAT MATTER!

ORIGINAL STYLE OF RAPPIN!

WE NOT ON NO L.A. STYLE OF RAPPIN OUT HERE...THAT LITTLE LIST RIGHT THERE SHOWS IT. NOT THAT WE DISRESPECTIN L.A. OR ANYBODY ELSE FOR THAT MATTER BUT WE TRYIN TO EAT TOO!

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
DucefaceD said:
WHATS THE MEANING OF "THE SOUND OF L.A.?

I HAVNT HEARD ANYBODY FROM DAGO WHO LYRICALLY "SOUNDS" LIKE A NIGGA OUT OF L.A. I THINK L.A. NIGGAZ DO HAVE A CERTAIN SOUND TO THEM...IN THEY RAPPIN AND THEY WORDS AND DELIVERY......THE CONTENT MIGHT BE THE SAME BUT THE FLOW ISNT.

BEATWISE THATS A DIFFERENT STORY IMO. WHENEVER I HEAR A CRICKET BEAT I THINK OF L.A. GANGSTA SHIT....THAT SHIT MASH NONETHELESS.

US DAGO NIGGAZ GOT AN ORIGINAL SOUND AND YOU CAN BET THAT....NOT ONLY THAT..WE GOT MORE THAN JUST ONE TYPE OF SOUND/FLOW.

WHEN I FIRST HEARD MITCHY RAP I HAD TO GET USED TO IT CAUSE IT WAS LIKE NUTHIN I EVER HEARD BEFORE....SHIT SOAKED IN NOW EVERY SONG IN LISTENIN TO LUVN THAT NIGGA STYLE.

WHO ELSE YOU KNOW SPITTIN LIKE MOOCH MASSIVE, BOSS HOGG, DON DIEGO, DAMU, YOUNG HOGG, ....OR DUCEFACED FOR THAT MATTER!

ORIGINAL STYLE OF RAPPIN!

WE NOT ON NO L.A. STYLE OF RAPPIN OUT HERE...THAT LITTLE LIST RIGHT THERE SHOWS IT. NOT THAT WE DISRESPECTIN L.A. OR ANYBODY ELSE FOR THAT MATTER BUT WE TRYIN TO EAT TOO!
Dont forget young sau...a.ka. samoan dagorilla