What City Runs the North West *Music/Rap*

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 29, 2008
I BELIEVE CERTIFIED IS THE HARDEST RAP GROUP IN WA SO I WILL GO WITH SPOKANE!

THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN WASHINGTON VS. OREGON. SO WE COULD INCLUDE MORE ARTISTS WITH TALENT THAN JUST PEOPLE FROM SEA OR PO.
I aint taking anything away from all the other artists, but who's been consistent on their muzik for a long time? Jus Fam.

But I was a fan of Church when he was part of Acropolis records, along with my boy Shaolin.

May 8, 2008
www.myspace.com
Hands down - Portland Fam!
Producers - Portland

Im a fan of Jake One and Vitamin D
But am really feeling some Non Stop, Syko, Bosko!
and one day Bleek Beats

FliBoys are killing with the Coast2Coast
Jus Family has been doing it for a while and still making hot records and having hot shows.

Apr 14, 2003
I aint taking anything away from all the other artists, but who's been consistent on their muzik for a long time? Jus Fam.

I never fucked with anyone from jus fam besides nutz.... do they even have albums out? It's like nobody from that label gets any exposure...
and Nutz probably ain't gonna be in the game for too much longer....
at least as a rapper... but shit, maybe he is...

being from spokane, and not been to seattle or portland since the 90s, I'm sure I've missed out on a lot of shit. I don't even get to see what goes down in the scenes out there.... so I couldn't even answer this shit....
but it seems like most of the time people from PO do it on a bigger scale than the people from Seattle.... or at least more people... Seattle still doing it though.... and Spokane is still less than 500k people so we got a ways to go before we can even fuck wit that shit. But the NW as a whole is pushing it... we're bout to blow.... fuck it. we got the most talent outta this whole country anyways.... no gimmicks out here. just real shit.

Jul 29, 2008
I never fucked with anyone from jus fam besides nutz.... do they even have albums out? It's like nobody from that label gets any exposure...
and Nutz probably ain't gonna be in the game for too much longer....
at least as a rapper... but shit, maybe he is...
Well, for me, its not about just albums, but keepin aktive. Cool Nutz has an album coming out. Maniac Lok kame out with an album I believe last year.

But Jus Family has been the same as far as name and muzik being done.
and they always do shows and do them artists coming to the NW.

I really cant say that about others. some change labels, some change names, some change cities... I just cant put a name of someone from the 90's that has been like that besides Jus Family... but I'm pretty sure I'm missing a few.

Aug 14, 2003
IF THEY HAD STUCK WITH IT, YOU CAN PUT DMS IN THIS DISCUSSION. TAKIN ENDS, THEIR FIRST ALBUM/EP MADE NOISE IN '94, PRESENTED BY D-SHOT, HAD A SONG ON HIS FIRST BOSS BALLIN COMP, GENERATED A NICE BUZZ, THEN I DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED.......

Jul 29, 2008
IF THEY HAD STUCK WITH IT, YOU CAN PUT DMS IN THIS DISCUSSION. TAKIN ENDS, THEIR FIRST ALBUM/EP MADE NOISE IN '94, PRESENTED BY D-SHOT, HAD A SONG ON HIS FIRST BOSS BALLIN COMP, GENERATED A NICE BUZZ, THEN I DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED.......
There are quite a few katz that got a buzz... but they either pop up every so often or kept really quiet.

Jun 18, 2002
Tha 206 because of FunkDaddy who owned the whole NW back then when he did those classic beats for E-40, B-Legit, Mac Dre, N2Deep, Sir Mix A Lot, and a whole bunch of other big cats and tight underground artists from all over the West Coast.

Portland on a second because of Bosko. He does bomb ass beats. That classic mobb shit.

Right now I'm diggin the underground scene in Seattle.

Jul 29, 2008
TRUE, BUT BACK THEN I WAS PUSHING THAT DMS MOVEMENT, I HAD FAITH IN THEM, MAYBE THEY JUST DIDNT WANT IT ENOUGH.
Back when I got into underground NW, 206 was Olympia to Everett I believe.

DMS had kutz, its just too bad they are not mentioned on the NW tip as much. Boss Ballin Comp was the SHIT.

Tha 206 because of FunkDaddy who owned the whole NW back then when he did those classic beats for E-40, B-Legit, Mac Dre, N2Deep, Sir Mix A Lot, and a whole bunch of other big cats and tight underground artists from all over the West Coast.

Portland on a second because of Bosko. He does bomb ass beats. That classic mobb shit.
Funk Daddy, Vitamin D, Littleton, D Sane and Bosko were tops in my book.

As the World Turns... compilation was one of the best from Seattle... and it had those those guys (except D Sane and bosko I believe) on it.