What City Runs the North West *Music/Rap*

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 24, 2007
The only two city's that would qualify would be Seattle vs. Portland since they the only city's with any artists.

What city has a better underground scene? What city has a better sound?

From what I've heard so far I'd go with Seattle, I've heard some good underground old school mob type music that sounds like the bay mob shit from the 90's. I've also liked that Redhead Steve etc... and a couple other underground Seattle CD's.

The only Portland music I've heard was Cool Nutz and those dudes on Guce's shit.

LISICKI

rosecityplaya
Dec 9, 2005
im gonna have to go with portland

im biased

Nonstop
Bosko
Syko
T Soprano
Poohb and Willz
Young Boog
Jim cole
Cool Nutz
Maniac Lok
Kenny Mack
DV
Lil Fatts
illIj
Mikey Vegas
Six
Rapper E
Duna
Ryde Drexler
Mezalini
Smurf
Rap nasty
Untouchable Reps
Fly bois
Potnus
MajrD
Pricey

thats just the tip of the iceburg of a looong list of artists making moves and putting out material in portland

This is just the tip of the iceburg for people making noise in the town

Aug 15, 2008
2-2-10

Like LiSICKI i'm biased as hell. I love P.O. and the NW as a whole but Seattle in my opinion has the most recognizable names and the hardest grinders out the NW PERIOD.

NEEMA (I don't even need to say more when it comes to grind)
FATAL (SPITTER. Can't think of too many from any coast that's messin wit em)
D. Black
DYME DEF
BLUE SCHOLARS
SIR MIX A LOT (had a major deal and several hits)
BOBBI G ( I heard dudes bout to really do some major shit, but we'll see) <lol>
MAD RAD (don't really dig em but they doin they thing)
J Pinder
Vitamin D
Jake One
The Bizness
DOW JONES (He's part of The Bizness but he does solo stuff too)
DJ B-Mello
Framework
Duranged Pitt (he's really coming along)
D-Sane
BYRDIE
BOBBI G ( I don't think I said this guy yet. He's a cocky bastard but he's pretty good)
Gangsta Nutt (Not a fan but he's definitely a real gangsta not just a rapper that raps about the lifestyle and he's a very consistent grinder and I respect that)

and so many other cats i'm forgettin right now. Seattle has it, we had and currently have representatives on majors (Jake One, The Bizness etc). So we got this. Much respect to everybody reppin THE NW though.

Jan 22, 2007
www.myspace.com
im gonna have to go with portland

im biased

Nonstop
Bosko
Syko
T Soprano
Poohb and Willz
Young Boog
Jim cole
Cool Nutz
Maniac Lok
Kenny Mack
DV
Lil Fatts
illIj
Mikey Vegas
Six
Rapper E
Duna
Ryde Drexler
Mezalini
Smurf
Rap nasty
Untouchable Reps
Fly bois
Potnus
MajrD
Pricey

thats just the tip of the iceburg of a looong list of artists making moves and putting out material in portland

This is just the tip of the iceburg for people making noise in the town
I'm sooo biased cause I was born and raised in Oregon ....but I lived in Seattle and I like it up there better than any city in the world. Still got to stick with my roots though. I say P.O. But in reality...It's probly Seattle! IDK

May 6, 2002
nonstop.bandcamp.com
outa erryone MB listed... i only like about a good 2 of em... then again, on the portland side, i like a good 3 of em... so in my eyes/ears i like the portland artists better... seattle artists got a sound like they walkin around feelin sorry for themselves wit a cloud over their head... a lot of portland sound the same, but out of the few i can stomach, po got it...

but i dont like barely anything out the nw to tell you the truth, so maybe i aint the best person to answer this question

Aug 15, 2008
2-2-10

outa erryone MB listed... i only like about a good 2 of em...
BOBBI G ( I don't think I said this guy yet. He's a cocky bastard but he's pretty good)

Notice BOBBI was named twice and 'STOP said he only liked two of the artists. I knew you were a fan. (lol) Naw but FAREAL SPEEDY SAID IT BEST.

LISICKI

rosecityplaya
Dec 9, 2005
Like LiSICKI i'm biased as hell. I love P.O. and the NW as a whole but Seattle in my opinion has the most recognizable names and the hardest grinders out the NW PERIOD.

NEEMA (I don't even need to say more when it comes to grind)
FATAL (SPITTER. Can't think of too many from any coast that's messin wit em)
D. Black
DYME DEF
BLUE SCHOLARS
SIR MIX A LOT (had a major deal and several hits)
MAD RAD (don't really dig em but they doin they thing)
J Pinder
Vitamin D
Jake One
The Bizness
DOW JONES (He's part of The Bizness but he does solo stuff too)
DJ B-Mello
Framework
Duranged Pitt (he's really coming along)
D-Sane
BYRDIE
Gangsta Nutt (Not a fan but he's definitely a real gangsta not just a rapper that raps about the lifestyle and he's a very consistent grinder and I respect that)

and so many other cats i'm forgettin right now. Seattle has it, we had and currently have representatives on majors (Jake One, The Bizness etc). So we got this. Much respect to everybody reppin THE NW though.
hey how come no one mentioned sonny bone a ho