Week 6: Niners At Lions

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I honestly think the Lions don't have a chance against Jim Harbaugh and his staff....

49ers will win by 2 TD's ..

I understand you Niners fans are excited about your team, and you should be. the Niners are a much improved team, and honestly, I have to keep it real and say they're better than the Raiders right now

with that being said, SOME of you guys need to come down to Earth a little bit...

if you think your team is easily gonna roll over the Lions in Detroit, and they don't stand a chance... you need to chill out

you guys are 4-1, which is fuckin awesome, but you beat a pretty weak/average Seattle team, mainly due to a couple kickoff/punt (I forget) returns... barely squeezed by Cincinnati... beating Philly was a good win, but they are a 1-4 team, sooo...

Sunday was an awesome win, but don't expect your team to do that every week

Some of you guys are gonna call me a hater... but that's not my intent. I think you guys will go the playoffs for sure, and might even make a little noise in the playoffs... but please... don't get delusional. The Niners are not untouchable.

Thank you.

Sep 16, 2002
^^ hater.. lmao i keed.. but nah seriously i think its gonna be a real close game, and call me a homer but i believe the 49ers can take this one its gonna be a battle... probably not a blow out like against tampa but who knows.. all i know is harbaugh will have the boys prepared

Jan 12, 2006
I understand you Niners fans are excited about your team, and you should be. the Niners are a much improved team, and honestly, I have to keep it real and say they're better than the Raiders right now

with that being said, SOME of you guys need to come down to Earth a little bit...

if you think your team is easily gonna roll over the Lions in Detroit, and they don't stand a chance... you need to chill out

you guys are 4-1, which is fuckin awesome, but you beat a pretty weak/average Seattle team, mainly due to a couple kickoff/punt (I forget) returns... barely squeezed by Cincinnati... beating Philly was a good win, but they are a 1-4 team, sooo...

Some of you guys are gonna call me a hater... but that's not my intent. I think you guys will go the playoffs for sure, and might even make a little noise in the playoffs... but please... don't get delusional. The Niners are not untouchable.

Thank you.
That's why I've been saying one game at a time, but I don't blame 49er fans for getting excited its been a long time since we've been in this position. Still though a lot can happen its still early in the season so like I said one game at a time. Also about our wins we have only loss to Dallas and that was by 3 points. Dallas almost beat detroit and handed the redskins there only L. Also beating cincinatti who beat the bills and then beating the eagles regardless of their record on the road is tuff. The bucs up until this pass weekend were rated as high as top 5 in the league by many analyst. I think most 49ers are impressed with wins outside of the division. We still got 5 games left against what many call the worst division in the league.

Also maybe you should give some of the same advice to your fellow raider fans. You beat an overrated Texans team without Mario Williams, Andre Johnson, and jocoby Jones. The broncos are by far the worst team either of us have faced. The jets have been getting clapped up left and right. You let the bills score on 5 straight drives and comeback and beat you. New England knocked the raider nation back into reality. Yet all I hear is raiders got the chargers beat for sure. We will win the division, we will be ranked top ten on offense and defense this year.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
That's why I've been saying one game at a time, but I don't blame 49er fans for getting excited its been a long time since we've been in this position. Still though a lot can happen its still early in the season so like I said one game at a time. Also about our wins we have only loss to Dallas and that was by 3 points. Dallas almost beat detroit and handed the redskins there only L. Also beating cincinatti who beat the bills and then beating the eagles regardless of their record on the road is tuff. The bucs up until this pass weekend were rated as high as top 5 in the league by many analyst. I think most 49ers are impressed with wins outside of the division. We still got 5 games left against what many call the worst division in the league.

Also maybe you should give some of the same advice to your fellow raider fans. You beat an overrated Texans team without Mario Williams, Andre Johnson, and jocoby Jones. The broncos are by far the worst team either of us have faced. The jets have been getting clapped up left and right. You let the bills score on 5 straight drives and comeback and beat you. New England knocked the raider nation back into reality. Yet all I hear is raiders got the chargers beat for sure. We will win the division, we will be ranked top ten on offense and defense this year.
I pretty much agree with everything in this post, including the stuff about the Raiders and our fans.

I'm cautiously optimistic about my team. I think we have a very good chance to win the division, but in no way do we have it won. It's gonna be a battle with SD. No doubt about it.

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

yea pretty much...meta and ironlungs are on point...both teams are looking good but some of the people on here need to calm down with the predictions...you don't wanna give the lions any credits and say the niners are gonna destroy em but at the same time are pissed of that people won't give the niners credit? lets be real...

im just excited for meaningful football being played on both sides of the bay...Raiders have a very winnable game this weekend and the niners will matchup with lions pretty tough...hope they both come out with victories...

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
jocoby jones was in the game, he was the guy schaub was trying to pass to on the last play of the game. besides that, injuries are part of the game anyway. we were missing our starting cb chris johnson, starting DE matt shaughnessy and one of the biggest pieces of our offense fb marcel reece. if we had lost, I wouldn't be using that as an excuse. fact is our D stepped up where they needed to. arian foster is the real deal and we held him in check on the ground. if he had been able to run all over us, that would have been too much to overcome.

Jan 12, 2006
jocoby jones was in the game, he was the guy schaub was trying to pass to on the last play of the game. besides that, injuries are part of the game anyway. we were missing our starting cb chris johnson, starting DE matt shaughnessy and one of the biggest pieces of our offense fb marcel reece. if we had lost, I wouldn't be using that as an excuse. fact is our D stepped up where they needed to. arian foster is the real deal and we held him in check on the ground. if he had been able to run all over us, that would have been too much to overcome.
A win is a win not hating, but you can't completely disregard Johnson and Williams being out. That's like the raiders missing Mc fadden and well you guys don't have anyone on Mario Williams level on defense. Not trying to Nit pick at your wins though props on those victories 3-2 is solid. I was just proving a point not trying to argue with raider fans who has the more meaningful wins.

Also as far as Williams and Jones they suited up but as soon as Williams went out miraculously pressure on Campbell dropped to none. And as far as Jones, I could've swore he was missing a lot of time.

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
I don't really see how andre johnson would have made all the difference. houston was passing all over us the whole game. they didn't struggle through the air. schaub had like 400 yards passing. I just don't get how you think they're overrated. their defense held mcfadden to about 50 yards on the ground and damn near shut us out in the first half.

I do think the jets are overrated at this point, but houston is one of the better teams in the league.

Dec 12, 2006

Thank you.
Take your analysis and shove it up your ass then keep it there

Jan 12, 2006
I don't really see how andre johnson would have made all the difference. houston was passing all over us the whole game. they didn't struggle through the air. schaub had like 400 yards passing. I just don't get how you think they're overrated. their defense held mcfadden to about 50 yards on the ground and damn near shut us out in the first half.

I do think the jets are overrated at this point, but houston is one of the better teams in the league.
If you don't think Williams or Andre Johnson would make a difference then we gotta just agree to disagree. Won't even try arguing.

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
so what exactly would have been different with andre johnson in the game? schaub would have passed for 700 yards instead of 400? they didn't struggle through the air, plain and simple. if they had, I'd agree it made a difference. it's clear that it didn't. they did what they wanted through the air, but couldn't run the ball and that's why we beat them.

as for mario williams. houstons D held mcfadden to 50 yards on the ground and campbell was getting his bell rung on every other pass play. I'd say they did just fine without him.

this is football, not basketball. it's not like kobe or cp3 being out for a game. both nnamdi and mcfadden missed games last year and we were able to win without them.

Feb 14, 2004
For the record, i don't actually believe Lions will win by rape. Im just talking shit. But i do think the Lions will win. Whiners have a weak pass D and i just don't see how they can stop megatron. Lions have a solid d line and should be able to put pressure on smith to either get the sack or force bad decision making. But we'll see.

Should be a good game, nonetheless.