USIN' THE WORD "THUg"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
NASTYNIA,
WHAT FIgURES ARE YOU EVEN TALKIN' BOUT? IF YOU THINK MY HOOD IS WEAK, COME OUT HERE AND SEE FOR YOURSELF. WHEREVA YOU TRYIN' TO gET YOUR NUMBERS FROM IS IRRELEVANT.

MRS KRILLA,
IT IS SERIOUS WHEN YOU COME ON HERE TRYIN' TO DISRESPECT ME AND THE TOPIC. THIS SHIT IS SERIOUS.

Apr 25, 2002
i just know this thread aint changin shit..so if its such a big issue that it can last years and years..go out and make a chnage..cuz the internet aint a place 4 it..this like tryna stop net bangin..will NEVER happen

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
^SO AS LONg AS THAT IS A FACTOR, YOU gOT THE gAME WATERED DOWN AND BASED ON HOW A BITCH WOULD WANT IT. AND THAT LEADS TO THE FAKENESS AND FRONTIN', THE IMAgE PORTRAYAL AND SO ON.

Feb 24, 2006
But no matter how much you talk about it on the net, shit ain't gonna change in the streets homey. There's still gonna be niggaz saying it in they day to day life, and there's still gonna be rappers saying it in they lyrics. I personally don't use this word, but shit ain't gonna stop no matter how much you try to oppose it.

You could start a 30 page thread, a 50 page thread, or post it all over the net, but I don't think this word will die down anytime soon. It'll most likely stay in niggaz grills for a long ass time to come whether anyone likes it or not. But again, I don't really use this word in my vocab so I ain't supportin it either.

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
^THAT'S WHY WITH MY MUSIC, I'LL BRINg IT TO LIgHT, AND THE REA WILL RECOgNIZE. DON'T MAKE ME UPLOAD IT, PLEASE. AND THIS POST BEEN RESURECTED PLENTY OF TIMES PLAYA.

Feb 24, 2006
Then you go ahead and do that, but how do you know your track will make a difference? What if niggaz ain't hearin it, what if those real niggaz completely disagree with you? What if they ain't feelin your stance at all? That's definitely a possibility.

You can't assume every nigga out there is gonna feel you once they listen to your track. Cause for every excuse you got for not liking this word, I'm sure there's a million niggaz out there who got just as many counter-excuses for supporting this word. You and I both know, that there honestly ain't too many real niggaz on the siccness, so your askin the wrong folks about it on here. Even then, by reading some of the replies more people disagreed with you in this thread, then the ones who agreed.

I ain't tryin to be negative or putting your song down or nothin, but the reality is that niggaz are still gonna be saying this word til the end of time, no matter how many songs you make about it, or how much you hate it. Don't ever compare how folks think on the siccness, to how niggaz think in the streets. It's completely different my nigg.

Ain't tryin to jump on you or nothin, just givin my 2 cents.

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
^I KNOW WHAT YOU SAYIN'. AND I ORIgINALLY ASKED C-BO THIS QUESTION. HE'S YET TO RESPOND. I WISH SOME NIgKA WOULD TRY TO ARgUE THIS POINT WITH ME, CAUSE I'LL gIVE HIM SOME FOOD FOR THOUgHT. I SPIT IT, HOW I LIVE IT. THE WORD AND IT'S SLANgUAgE IS WATERED DOWN AND gARBAgE. LIKE I SAID BEFORE, NOW YOU gOT WHITEBOYS, FAgS, AND EASTCOASTERS LABELIN' THEMSELVES THAT TO MAKE THEMSELVES LOOK HARD. THE SHIT IS A PLAYED OUT gIMMIK AND JOKE.
AND IT ALSO DEPENDS WHERE YOU AT ON THE SLANgUAgE FOO'S USE IN THE STREETS. YOU KNOW MY gENERATION WASN'T EVEN AKNOWLEDgIN' THAT WORD. IT'S THIS NEWER PEPSI gENERATION WHO IMMORTALIZED PAC AND gREW UP ON BONE. I JUST KNOW THAT I'M gOIN' AgAINST THE gRAIN, BUT FUK IT. I REFUSE TO gO WITH THE FLOW, CAUSE "THE FLOW IS FAKE, CAKED UP BY FLAKE FRUIT CAKES".

May 7, 2002
WELL SHIT I WANNA HEAR THAT SHIT I AINT HEAR NUTHING FRUM EDJ IN LIKE DAMN 2000 CUZZO WHAT IZ IT MAIN CEE THIS THREAD WILL NEVA DIE YA KNOW

BUT TA THA ONES STILL POST UP ON THIS ITZ A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A G AND A THUG

NOW AND DAYZ A RAPPERS HAS TO HAVE A THUG IMAGE TO BE MARKETABLE NOW AND DAYZ AND THEY AINT GANG BANGAS THEY MORE LIKE PETTY ON THA CORNA HUSTLAS AROUND DIRTY AZZ NEIGHBORHOODZ AND CRACC SPOTS LIKE MINE

BUT IN THA REAL MOB A THUG WAS A DO BOY OR A HIRES MUSCLE NEVA A BOSS PEOPLE TRIE TO LIVE A THUG LIFE BUT CAN TELL ME WHAT THA FUCC IT IZ REALLY I KNOW WHATZ GANGSBANGN AND THAT MOB SHIT IN THA BAY ITZ REALLY STREET SHIT BUT THUG ARE U HUH WHY?

I GUESS A RAPPED WILL NEVER TELL US THE TRUE MEANING OF IT AS TUPAC DID CUZ THEY USE THAT WORD SO DIFFERENTLY WELL A THOUGH

YA BOY 1 HUNNIT

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
^MAN, EVEN USIN' THAT WORD IS gARBAgE. AS A TREND IT'S HELLA PLAYED OUT. TO MAKE YOURSELF LOOK REAL, HARD, TOUgH, OR LIKE YOU FROM THE HOOD AND STREETS, BY USIN' THAT WORD TO LABEL YOURSELF MAKES YOU LOOK FAKE, WEAK, AND SEQUELISTIC.

SO ALL IN ALL THAT WORD IS gARBAgE AND WILL NEVA COME OUT THE LIPS OF EDJ. I AIN'T THE ONE TO FOLLOW(ESPECIALLY PLAYED TRENDS), OR LABEL MYSELF SOMETHIN' WAK. THE ONLY gOOD THANg ABOUT THAT WORD IS THAT BITCHES WANT A NIgKA THEY LABEL THAT. AND TO ME THAT HAS BEEN THE FACTOR AS TO WHY THIS WORD IS BEIN' OVER-USED AND EVEN INCLUDED IN QUARES VOCABULARY TO ATTEMPT TO PORTRAY THAT IMAgE THEY STEREOTYPE.

BTW,
WHERE YOU'VE BEEN?

Feb 24, 2006
EDJ yea a lot of older cats don't really use that word, it's true that mostly younger niggaz use it. But I'm sure there's some older folks that use it too, maybe not in your hood but definitely in some hoods out there you'll find some older niggaz that use it. Shoot a few of my homies, both younger and older even use it once in a while.

But really though what's the difference between the word thug, and a "loak from the blok"? No matter how you twist it or turn it around, they still imply the same thing. You could try and make up some false analogies that a thug means your a nothin ass nigga, and it's a word made up by white folks but do you really think a loak from the blok is any better? If you ask me, both terms make you look the same way in the whitemans eyes. Callin yourself "a loak from the blok" is not gonna get you any more respect than the word thug. In the end, they still imply the same thing. They may not have the exact same definition in your eyes, but there both negative words that'll make society look down on you.

I know your mind ain't gonna change or nothin, cause you seem very adamant about this word, but neither is anyone elses mind gonna change after hearing your opinions. The truth is, this word is ingrained in a lot of niggaz minds so I don't think they just gonna drop it suddenly after hearing your thoughts. Like I said homie, for every excuse you got there's a million niggaz out there who got just as many counter-excuses to justify it. What makes you think your opinions hold more weight than theirs? Not saying their right and your wrong, just asking what makes you think your take on it is any more correct than another niggaz opinion?

Regardless I ain't supportin this word and I don't even use it, but in reality if you go to the hood with this type of shit you most likely won't get the same response as here on the net. Don't compare siccness folks to hood niggaz. I personally know a lot of cats who use it, and if you were to get at some of them about this word, they probably won't listen to a thing you say or they'll completely dismiss it.

Anyway about that song though, what's it called and is it gonna be on the album?