UFC 99 THE COMEBACK Franklin vs Silva

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Who will win between Ace and The Axe Murderer

• Wanderlei Silva via KO

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Wanderlei Silva via TKO

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Wanderlei Silva via Submission

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wanderlei Silva via Decision

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Rich Franklin via KO

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Rich Franklin via TKO

• Rich Franklin via Submission

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rich Franklin via Decision

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 29, 2008
the congo velasquez fight was really interesting to me

congo rocked his ass dumb ass hard at the start of the first two rounds but then got dipped all over the ring the rest of the rounds.

velsquez has an amazing chin those right hands he ate would knock amost anybody
his jaw is huge though so that prolly helps

with better wrestling and grappling skils kongo would be crazy

May 27, 2009
Shit was pretty sicc. It's weird watching that shit without the commentary.
I was surprised how many Germans actually came. I thought it was mostly going to be Brits and Americans. They still need to figure their shit out though. Booing Rich was bullshit in my book. I wanted Silva to win too, but you don't need to boo someone for winning. Anyways shit was fun.

Cologne was fun as fuck too. I hadn't been there before. After the fight we hit up a street with a shitload of clubs and bars. Met a few females and closed that shit down when the sun came up around 5 or 6.

I wish that shit wasn't so far (2.5 hours by car) because that city is fun as hell.

Hopefully UFC does another event out here soon.

Feb 7, 2006
UFC 99 "fight night" bonuses: Franklin, Silva, Swick and Etim each earn $60,000

Rich Franklin, Wanderlei Silva, Mike Swick and Terry Etim each earned $60,000 "fight night" bonuses for their performances at "UFC 99: The Comeback."

UFC 99 took place Saturday at Lanxess Arena in Cologne, Germany, and aired live on pay-per-view. The bonus amounts were on par with the $60,000 awards issued at UFC 98 in May and up significantly from the $40,000 awards issued at UFC 95, the organization's most recent European-held event.

The UFC announced the bonuses at the UFC 99 post-fight press conference and were confirmed by MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

A catchweight bout at 195 pounds, the evening's main event between former UFC champion Franklin and former PRIDE title-holder Silva lived up to the hype surrounding the contest. While "The Axe Murderer" waited until the later stages of the fight to attack with the reckless abandon that has been his career hallmark, he did put "Ace" in trouble at various points of the night.

Franklin, though, methodically picked apart his foe, utilizing his speed and reach to frustrate Silva to earn the unanimous-decision win. The toe-to-toe battle that ended with a wild flurry in the clinch brought fans to their feet and earned the two the evening's "Fight of the Night" award.

Welterweight rivals Dan Hardy and Marcus Davis had a firm hold on the bonus for their split-decision battle earlier in the evening until the main event stole the show.

While Swick's welterweight showdown with Ben Saunders started slowly, resulting in jeers from the audience and some audible trash-talking on the ground in the opening round, "Quick" changed things rapidly in the second. Sensing an opening, Swick charged forward with a flurry. Several shots in the barrage connected, including a right hand to the temple, which earned Swick the evening's "Knockout of the Night" award.

Lacking any submission wins on the evening's main card, the organization was forced to turn to the preliminary card for the "Submission of the Night" award. Englishman Etim's exciting bout with Justin Buchholz came to an abrupt win in the second frame when he locked in a deep D'arce choke. The result earned Etim his third-straight win and the sizable bonus check.

Feb 7, 2006
UFC 99 draws reported 12,800 spectators for $1.3 million live gate in Cologne, Germany

With the organization's first visit to Germany in the books, UFC officials have reported "UFC 99: The Comeback" netted 12,800 spectators and a $1.3 million live gate.

UFC officials issued the initial reports at Saturday's post-event press conference.

UFC 99, featuring a main event between Rich Franklin and Wanderlei Silva, took place Saturday at Lanxess Arena in Cologne, Germany, and aired live on pay-per-view in the U.S.

While the attendance was far from a sell-out of the 20,000-seat arena, the number of spectators on hand for the 12-bout card can still be viewed as a success for an event that endured several obstacles from critics in a country that didn't have a UFC-broadcast deal in place just four months ago.

While the number of complimentary tickets issued wasn't revealed, the current numbers would indicate an average revenue of $101.56 per ticket issued.

In comparison, the UFC's most recent U.S.-based event, "UFC 98: Evans vs. Machida," drew a similar attendance to UFC 99 with 12,606 attendees. However, May's UFC 98 event netted a significantly larger gate with $3.4 million, or approximately or $269.71 per ticket issued.

Based on current exchange rates, UFC 99's live gate generated €927,420 at approximately €72.45 per ticket issued.

Dec 30, 2003
Shit was pretty sicc. It's weird watching that shit without the commentary.
I was surprised how many Germans actually came. I thought it was mostly going to be Brits and Americans. They still need to figure their shit out though. Booing Rich was bullshit in my book. I wanted Silva to win too, but you don't need to boo someone for winning. Anyways shit was fun.

Cologne was fun as fuck too. I hadn't been there before. After the fight we hit up a street with a shitload of clubs and bars. Met a few females and closed that shit down when the sun came up around 5 or 6.

I wish that shit wasn't so far (2.5 hours by car) because that city is fun as hell.

Hopefully UFC does another event out here soon.

wait till u hit one in vegas man... save ur chips bro... bc its well worth the trip.... 10 hour car ride for me... but shit about a 17 hour flight for u? im guessing?

Dec 30, 2003
Somebody post the damn results already I missed it...

Rich "Ace" Franklin vs Wanderlei "The Axe Murderer" Silva

Rich Franklin Wins by Unanimous Decision at 5:00 in the 3rd round .

Cain Velasquez vs Cheick Kongo

Cain Velasquez Wins by Unanimous Decision at 5:00 in the 3rd round .

Mirko Cro Cop Vs Mostapha Al-Turk

Mirko Cro Cop Wins by Technical Knock Out at 3:06 in the 1st round .

Mike Swick vs Ben saunders

Mike Swick Wins by Technical Knock Out at 3:47 in the 2nd round .

Caol Uno vs Spencer Fischer

Spencer Fisher Wins by Unanimous Decision at 5:00 in the 3rd round .

Marcus Davis vs Dan Hardy

Dan Hardy Wins by Split Decision at 5:00 in the 3rd round .

Terry Etim vs Justin Buchholz

Terry Etim Wins by Submission (D'arce Choke) at 2:38 in the 2nd.

Dennis Siver vs Dale Hartt

Dennis Siver Wins by Submission (Choke) at 3:23 in the 1st round by rear naked.

Paul Taylor vs Peter Sobotta
Paul Taylor Wins by Unanimous Decision at 5:00 in the 3rd round .

Paul Kelly vs Rolando Delgado

Paul Kelly Wins by Unanimous Decision at 5:00 in the 3rd round .

Denis Stojnic vs Stefan Struve

Stefan Struve Wins by Submission (Choke) at 2:37 in the 2nd round by rear naked.

John Hathaway vs Rick Story

John Hathaway Wins by Unanimous Decision at 5:00 in the 3rd round .

May 27, 2009
wait till u hit one in vegas man... save ur chips bro... bc its well worth the trip.... 10 hour car ride for me... but shit about a 17 hour flight for u? im guessing?
About 12 or 13 hours to SFX. Another hour or so to Vegas. Total time probably would be close to 17 hours with the layover.

It'd be cool if I was out visiting family or something, but I don't get much vacation time and Vegas is damn near close to Sudan on my "Places I want to visit" list. I've been to Vegas a few times, each time I had no desire to come back. I think the crowd for a UFC event would be a whole lot funner in Vegas though.

When they have another event in England or Ireland I'll try to hit it up. You can get flights out here that cost less than a tank of gas.

May 27, 2009
Good shit, I thought I had seen all the vblogs for 99, but I'd missed those.

Here's a few pics. I didn't really take that many since the view wasn't that good. Plus I figured there was a shitload of professional photographers down there. Anyways, here ya go.

Silva had his back to us before the fight, so I didn't get any good ones of him getting ready.