UFC 189: Aldo vs. McGregor

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 14, 2004
I thought when he had side control on the crucifix it was over mcgregor managed to escape props to Conor I thought the stoppage was akward Also but he did land a clean left

May 2, 2015
Solid card. Conor strikes were too hard for Mendes. By the time he could get Conor down and on top - he was gassed and punch drunk.

My cousin thought the fight was fixed too but he hates all the Irish fighters, so he is just a butt hurt bitch.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
UFC has been fixed for years. Kimbo Slice, Brock Lesnar? Lol come on. Plus they let guys roid up as much as they want. And Rogan lost all credibility when he started hawking that alpha brain fuel supplement

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2003
www.ebay.com
You realize boxers have been to prison for fixing fights? You think the UFC is going to risk scandal like fight fixing the day they hit the pinnacle of being a "real sport"?
Being illegal doesn't stop it from happening. Go watch Zhang Zhilei Vs. Curtis Lee Tate and tell me that wasn't a worked fight.

I agree with you though that this wasn't a worked fight. McGregor was training for the biggest fight of his life the entire camp and Mendes get a call a few weeks ago. It seems like people are confusing the way Mendes looks with being ready to fight. Mendes probably always looks like that, it doesn't mean he was ready to go.

I feel like by the time he actually got McGregor down he was worn down and couldn't really do much with it.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Being illegal doesn't stop it from happening. Go watch Zhang Zhilei Vs. Curtis Lee Tate and tell me that wasn't a worked fight.
Curtis Lee Tate is a bum with a .500 record that took the fight on 1 week notice against a 6'6" 260lbs. Olympian. I agree Tate flopped, but I guarantee it was from wanting out of the fight after feeling what Zhang can throw rather than taking a pay day.

I go to small boxing shows here in AZ all the time and see fat bums flop every show after feeling power lol

Apr 26, 2002
Where there's smoke there's fire. There's alotta smoke in that fight. So much, that there's hella ppl questioning it. How often does that happen in a UFC fight? The first two minutes of the fight my girl looked at me and said the shits fixed (she trains too). Maybe it was fixed maybe it was Mendes was gassed but with the rogan over-the-top, damage-to-the-body commentary, and the 20 feet space given to CM when mendes was on top, to mendes telegraphing his shoulders before each loopin punch, to the smiles between CM and mendes at the weigh ins and before and after the fight, to the "must win" ridin on promotin CM along with all the money invested plus the money to be gained, plus dana saying that if CM wins, then more money will be thrown in to promote the Aldo and CM fight the next time, to the early controversial early stoppage........ Something didn't sit right with me.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
ben askren said that mendes was filming a tv show when he got the call for the fight, so I dont think he trained for this much, if at all. Dumb move by mendes, should've been doing the same training camp as aldo & mcgregor just in case

Apr 25, 2002
Where there's smoke there's fire. There's alotta smoke in that fight. So much, that there's hella ppl questioning it. How often does that happen in a UFC fight? The first two minutes of the fight my girl looked at me and said the shits fixed (she trains too). Maybe it was fixed maybe it was Mendes was gassed but with the rogan over-the-top, damage-to-the-body commentary, and the 20 feet space given to CM when mendes was on top, to mendes telegraphing his shoulders before each loopin punch, to the smiles between CM and mendes at the weigh ins and before and after the fight, to the "must win" ridin on promotin CM along with all the money invested plus the money to be gained, plus dana saying that if CM wins, then more money will be thrown in to promote the Aldo and CM fight the next time, to the early controversial early stoppage........ Something didn't sit right with me.
i don't think it was fixed. Mendes was serving McGregor hot ones. McGregor aint never had his head snapped back like that. Mendes was gassed after being on the ground. if his torso was a few inches longer he woulda really fucked McGregor up with bo's. but he had to really fight for each elbow strike.

the stoppage was bullshit. 3 seconds left of the round in a championship fight. Mendes shouldn't of turtled up, but McGregor throwing 2 blocked shots (to Mendes arm/hand) should not justify a stoppage. but I seen Herb Dean stop more than a few fights prematurely.

a full camp Mendes woulda stopped McGregor but it is what it is. he jumped for the biggest fight/pay day of his life.

Apr 25, 2002
and a lot of people will question this fight as being fixed but that's cus it's a "huge" fight. these types of fights happen all the time. you can win by so many ways. but a bad stoppage is a bad stoppage.

Dec 2, 2006
Reno,Nv
Felt like that at the event too at the end of it people were wondering about it being fixed, but whatever UFC is becoming boxing