UFC 189: Aldo vs. McGregor

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 18, 2006
Mcgregor got worked at the end of the round, 1st round to Mendes. Looked like Mendes was hurt at one point but took Mcgregor down 3 times

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
That went down hella weird. Mendes had him down for nearly four minutes, gets up and is gassed and just takes McGregor's punches, barely defended himself and then the stoppage seemed early.

Then Mendes goes over to him after the fight and is smiling ear to ear? Seems hella fishy to me.
People go to prison for fight fixing man lol Mendes was gassed, plain and simple.

Apr 26, 2002
That went down hella weird. Mendes had him down for nearly four minutes, gets up and is gassed and just takes McGregor's punches, barely defended himself and then the stoppage seemed early.

Then Mendes goes over to him after the fight and is smiling ear to ear? Seems hella fishy to me.
I agree. I watched the fight again jus to make sure, shit seems fishy. CM had bout 2 DECENT kiccs to the body. Don't let rogans commentary fool u guys. Rogan was givin CM way more credit for the kiccs. Almost seems rogan was settin us all up for the story ending before it ended. Mendes has CM down at one point, passes his guard, ends up in crucifix position, AND GIVES CM SPACE!!! Anybody with grappling experience knows when ur in top position u give the guy NO space. Of course CM reverses out and it get bacc standing. Chad swingin for the fences but hella telegraphin his punches by swingin his shoulder first. Stevie wonder can slip those punches. At the end chad got his hands dropped. Please watch the fight again if u disagree with me.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
You guys calling for a fix realize he had zero training camp right? He got the call, did like 2 days in the gym and was immediately thrown in to promotion for the fight.

Those 2 decent kicks to the body you pointed out would be more than enough to fuck with something who already had zero cardio anyway.

You can't just step in to the cage and be the exact same guy you were in previous fights without training, it takes a lot for a fighter to peak.

Apr 26, 2002
You guys calling for a fix realize he had zero training camp right? He got the call, did like 2 days in the gym and was immediately thrown in to promotion for the fight.

Those 2 decent kicks to the body you pointed out would be more than enough to fuck with something who already had zero cardio anyway.

You can't just step in to the cage and be the exact same guy you were in previous fights without training, it takes a lot for a fighter to peak.
Watch the fight again homie. Tell me u don't c wut I saw. UFC was destined to be headed towards this anyways. UFC IS the promotion. U don't think fixes and works are inevitable? These aren't different promotions fighting under one umbrella.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Watch the fight again homie. Tell me u don't c wut I saw. UFC was destined to be headed towards this anyways. UFC IS the promotion. U don't think fixes and works are inevitable? These aren't different promotions fighting under one umbrella.
What I saw was Mendes gassed out and turtling after getting caught in the chin.

Fixes and works = prison time for those involved, so no I don't see them as being inevitable in the UFC. Works happened in Pride because the Japanese have no laws against it. This card was sanctioned by the United States government lol

Imagine the acting involved also to get a perfectly timed work out of that, watch it in slow motion. WWE wrestlers couldn't even work a fight and make it look that real. Calling this a fix is naive as hell.

Apr 26, 2002
What I saw was Mendes gassed out and turtling after getting caught in the chin.

Fixes and works = prison time for those involved, so no I don't see them as being inevitable in the UFC. Works happened in Pride because the Japanese have no laws against it. This card was sanctioned by the United States government lol

Imagine the acting involved also to get a perfectly timed work out of that, watch it in slow motion. WWE wrestlers couldn't even work a fight and make it look that real. Calling this a fix is naive as hell.
So there's no works or fixes ever in boxing? Strange how a good number of ppl think it's a work. I'm no CM hater. I actually like him better than the whole team alpha male. Something wasn't right about the fight. Mendez gettin kicced twice then gassin? Those guys STAY in shape year round. Those kiccs weren't that hard. Watch the fight again with the mindset of it being a fix and u will c.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
So there's no works or fixes ever in boxing? Strange how a good number of ppl think it's a work. I'm no CM hater. I actually like him better than the whole team alpha male. Something wasn't right about the fight. Mendez gettin kicced twice then gassin? Those guys STAY in shape year round. Those kiccs weren't that hard. Watch the fight again with the mindset of it being a fix and u will c.
You realize boxers have been to prison for fixing fights? You think the UFC is going to risk scandal like fight fixing the day they hit the pinnacle of being a "real sport"?

Yeah Team Alpha Male does stay in shape year round. Do you know the difference between being in shape and peaking during a training camp to go 5 rounds? Go to your local LA Fitness, a ton of people in there are "in shape", six pack abs, beasting it, but can they go 5 rounds?

I used to run marathons back in my Army days, but I would fucking die after just grappling for awhile. I was "in shape", but not 5 round fight shape.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
A traditional 8 week training camp usually consists of 6 weeks of insanely intense 3 a day workouts, a fighter will generally peak at the end of week 6, week 7 will consist of lighter 2 a days so they don't burn out, week 1 will consist of light sparring, light grappling, and a little cardio.

You can't peak after being in the gym for 2 days and then hitting a press promo tour.

Look at Chris Weidman, he's a cardio machine. Go back and watch his fight with Demian Maia, he took that fight on a week notice and looked like absolute shit and was gassed out from the start. Mendes ain't the first person who's known as having great cardio that has looked like shit taking a fight on short notice.