UFC 165: JONES vs. GUSTAFSSON

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
I think it was almost stopped cuz of the cut above jones eye. That's common for a fight to be stopped. It affects the vision, far from jones bein in "terrible shape" homie. If anything if jones woulda had 30 more seconds with Gus that particular round where he had him in trouble, woulda been a stoppage.
nasty cut above the eye, both of his eyes swollen, and his lips about double the size, I think that defines "terrible shape" in the fight business

Props: heyzel
Apr 26, 2002
nasty cut above the eye, both of his eyes swollen, and his lips about double the size, I think that defines "terrible shape" in the fight business
All of that doesn't mean stoppage tho cept for a nasty cut which is hella bleeding into his eyes affecting his vision. Chael look fucced up against Anderson in their first fight but u c the outcome. Btw, Gus went to Hosp also.

Jan 18, 2006
^^^ Is that right. How did Forrest Griffin get the decision over Rampage way back when then to win the title? Same reason Jon Jones got this decision. I will take this decision a step further though, think of the big time sponsors Jones has its kind of unheard of in MMA. Jones closed the fight out well i will give him that but i think he didnt really show up till the 4th round

Props: heyzel
Apr 2, 2010
Aight, jus rewatched the fight. I have jones 4-1. Don't giv a shit what y'all think. REwatch the fight and if u kno ANYTHING bout fighting, u would agree.
It's interesting that Jones clearly won the fight by rounds but when you look at stats you realize how close of a fight it was. Didn't Gustafsson land around 100 head strikes while jones had about 20-30?

I hope there is a rematch.

Apr 26, 2002
It's interesting that Jones clearly won the fight by rounds but when you look at stats you realize how close of a fight it was. Didn't Gustafsson land around 100 head strikes while jones had about 20-30?

I hope there is a rematch.
DEF a CLOSE fight but watching it CLOSELY, Gus HARDLY landed any CLEAN AND EFFECTIVE shots. Me and the lady rewatched it tonight and after it was done, we felt Gus landed bout five, yes, FIVE good shots the WHOLE FIGHT. Just in round 5 jones landed 3 good, solid head kiccs. I give round 3 SLIGHTLY to Gus. 1,2,4 and 5, jones all the way.

Props: Count_Slapula