UFC 165: JONES vs. GUSTAFSSON

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
I don't think Gus was robbed, because the first three rounds were so close, and I think Bones definitely won four and five.
What won him round 4 and 5 though? If you watch every replay Gus was blocking every good shot Jones threw except for one flurry in round 4.

all those headkicks that Joe Rogan was orgasming over were blocked.

Gus landed over 200 significant strikes and had Jone's face looking like hamburger meat.

Props: heyzel
Jun 5, 2004
Too close, IMO for a robbery. Anyways, 49-46? Wtf.
Yea, in the ufc if ur the challenger u gotta straight merk the champ if u wanna get the w by decision... Its gonna be hard for an unmarketable foriegn fighter to win the belt by decision like that

And yea he blocked alot of strikes, but alot of them were only partially blocked... U get kicked in the domepiece by jones and u block it with only ur hand ur basically gettin donkey punched but hella hard lol

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
I've always been a big Jones fan, but seeing him against a fighter with similar reach and size has me questioning his ability to take punishment. He looked lost through-out most of this fight. I don't know if he exactly "robbed" Gustafsson because I know MMA has a weird scoring system, but he definately didn't win a unanimous decision. I thought it would be scored a split, at the very least.

Mar 13, 2003
Looks like both fighters have been taken to the hopsital.......I thought this was a great fight and although Jones did get his "ass kicked" as some have put it, i also felt that he gave it back just as good and as we all know u have to "beat the champ to be the champ." Even Dana always says dont let the fight go to the judges....Great job on Gus' part on the take down defense too!! IMO i also seen this fight as a split decision most def NOT unanimous!!!!!

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Dana White said in a post fight interview that the cage side doctor and John McCarthy almost stopped the fight between round 4 and 5 and Bones had to basically beg for them not to lol

Dude had to get stretchered out of the arena and almost got doctor stopped, I think Gus did enough with that whole "beat the champ" shit.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
What won him round 4 and 5 though? If you watch every replay Gus was blocking every good shot Jones threw except for one flurry in round 4.

all those headkicks that Joe Rogan was orgasming over were blocked.

Gus landed over 200 significant strikes and had Jone's face looking like hamburger meat.
did you watch the fight? Maybe the fact that he almost knocked him out and opened that gash on his head with that elbow? He landed a ton of unanswered shots in the 4th. Gustafson did almost nothing in the 5th round. The first 3 rounds were close. To say that Gustafson swept all 3 rounds cleanly is silly to me.

Apr 2, 2010
Round 1: Gus
Round 2-4: Jones
Round 5: Gus just barely....

Rounds 2 and 4 were really close but 3 was Jones for sure. Close match up that could of gone either way depending on what scores more for you.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
did you watch the fight? Maybe the fact that he almost knocked him out and opened that gash on his head with that elbow? He landed a ton of unanswered shots in the 4th. Gustafson did almost nothing in the 5th round. The first 3 rounds were close. To say that Gustafson swept all 3 rounds cleanly is silly to me.
he almost knocked him out? lol did you watch the fight? He had a flurry for 30 seconds of the round and yes he did wobble Gus, but that doesn't complete negate the other 4 minutes and 30 seconds of the round where Gus tee'd off on him...did you miss my post where Dana White was saying the doctor almost stopped the fight after that round because Jones was in such terrible shape? Did you miss the part of the round where Jones' lips blew up from being punched so many times? lol

and as for Gustafsson not doing anything in round 5, yet he somehow out landed Jones in round 5 by every statistic counter out there.

and no he didn't open up a "gash" he opened up a small cut that didn't even bleed after that round

being condescending saying shit like "did you even watch the fight" makes you look pretty stupid when apparently you "didn't even watch the fight" lol

Props: Count_Slapula
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
the fact is Gus walked out of that fight on his own with nothing more than a tiny mouse under his eye and Jones had to be carried out of the cage by his corner, left the arena on a stretcher, and was almost stopped by the doctor and the referee between rounds

you tell me who won the fight

Apr 26, 2002
...did you miss my post where Dana White was saying the doctor almost stopped the fight after that round because Jones was in such terrible shape?
I think it was almost stopped cuz of the cut above jones eye. That's common for a fight to be stopped. It affects the vision, far from jones bein in "terrible shape" homie. If anything if jones woulda had 30 more seconds with Gus that particular round where he had him in trouble, woulda been a stoppage.