UCL

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 14, 2006
a lot of goals today
yeah no doubt, Lyon's match was ups and downs.. Lyon finally won.
Plus it was surprise Villareal let Aab score so often.

I watched Juventus- Real Madrid. That goal from Del Piero was a beauty, just after 5 minutes. And a goal @ the second's half's start, was too much for Real Madrid to catch up... Real Madrid played well the last 30 minutes of the match, after they were 2-0 down. Arjen Robben brought more to Real Madrid's game. Wesley Sneijder had 2-3 hard shots. One went to post. Ruud Van Nistelroy scored by header from close distance. Poor defending from Juventus in that situation he was all alone in front of the goal, it was a easy job for him to finish. Real Madrid could not score more goals, so Juventus won, thanks of their good start.

Apr 25, 2002
The Juve - RM game was awesome. Del Piero proved why he's one of the best with that strike. Amauri was lucky his went in but it did none the less. I think Madrid will win @ Home, luckilly its still group stage and juve will advance.

Villareal has looked really impressive too. Sleeper team of the group stage

Apr 25, 2002
One of the worst soccer calls I've ever seen in the Liverpool-Atletico game. Gerrard and the Reds are lucky as fuck. That wouldn't have been a penalty in any other stadium.

Chelsea lost to Roma HAHAHA. 3-1.

Feb 14, 2006
I watched match between Werder Bremen - Panathinaikos.
Werder Bremen's midfield, didn't help their attack to get any balls inside box.

Panathinaikos had better changes of scoring, freekick from 30 meters to the post.
And later on second half they scored three times. So it was sure right team that won.

Feb 14, 2006
I watched RM vs. Juventus.

Real was close to score few times, and with a better luck they would been scored.
Higuain missed from the back post, after he slided to Drenthe's pass, just came a little late for that, and then didn't have the best touch. And Real had another chance, when Real player shot from close range, but it went over, should been scored from that.
They wasted too much chances, I think they had 18 shots in the match > no goal, that's bad finishing.

Del Piero continued his great performances in UCL. 3 goals in two games against team like Real Madrid, have to respect that.

Apr 25, 2002
Chelsea 3 - 1 Liverpool @ Anfield. Blues looked solid away... pool's first loss @ home in 14 months. Ivanovic had a huge game coming in for Bosingwa. Drogba scored again.

Barcelona 4 - 0 Bayern Munich. Really suprised by this. Thought Bayern would lose but not by that scoreline. Barcelona made their defense look like little kids just like Wolfsburg did.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
Chelsea 3 - 1 Liverpool @ Anfield. Blues looked solid away... pool's first loss @ home in 14 months. Ivanovic had a huge game coming in for Bosingwa. Drogba scored again.

Barcelona 4 - 0 Bayern Munich. Really suprised by this. Thought Bayern would lose but not by that scoreline. Barcelona made their defense look like little kids just like Wolfsburg did.
Why surprised? If you have watched (almost) every Barca game this season like I have, this was exactly the expected outcome. It has only been teams who play 10 men behind the ball, apply very tight marking and a lot of pressure and make no mistakes, that made it without being thrashed by 5 goals against Barca this season. It's a machine for scoring goals, and if you don't have what I listed, you will be completely destroyed, unless they decide to save energy, as they did yesterday against Recre and in the second half on Wednesday.

Bayern should be thankful that there is some unwritten rule at Barca to slow down after the 4th and never to score more than 6 this season, otherwise we would have seen several double-digit scorelines...

Jun 23, 2002
liverpool - chelsea was bananas! how crazy would have it been if liverpool tied that shit at the end (instead of lampard killing the game off)

Apr 25, 2002
Why surprised? If you have watched (almost) every Barca game this season like I have, this was exactly the expected outcome. It has only been teams who play 10 men behind the ball, apply very tight marking and a lot of pressure and make no mistakes, that made it without being thrashed by 5 goals against Barca this season. It's a machine for scoring goals, and if you don't have what I listed, you will be completely destroyed, unless they decide to save energy, as they did yesterday against Recre and in the second half on Wednesday.

Bayern should be thankful that there is some unwritten rule at Barca to slow down after the 4th and never to score more than 6 this season, otherwise we would have seen several double-digit scorelines...
you're right, but Bayern won the previous round against Sporting 12-1 on aggregate. its not like they are strangers to finding the net, and a world class team like them shouldn't have lost like that. today they looked a bit better with the 1-1 draw @ home but it wasn't enough. Luca Toni needs to retire ASAP. He is slow and uncreative.

I think Barca has a tough draw against Chelsea. They usually don't play well against premier league teams. Chelsea has conceded 7 goals in their past 2 games thouhg, Peter Cech looks like shit.

Chelsea vs. Liverpool was one of the best games in a long time. Its funny it was such a good game only because both teams played so terrible hahaha. Drogba played well though and Barca will have trouble defending him.

I hope Man U goes down tommorow. No premier league team has ever won @ Porto, and Man U needs a win. I guess we'll see what they're made of in this round. Villareal will go down, no Marco Senna, coach is banned for the game.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
2-6, pure poetry!

Unless they manage to park the bus just as well as last week and hope for PKs, Chelsea have a lot to worry about

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
It was a win for the game against the anti-football version of it today. Yes, Chelsea got robbed, but it doesn't matter at all, the better team went through.

I just hope Man Utd won't cowardly park the bus as Chelsea did and will come out and play foot ball; they can do it; then we will have a spectacle, and let theb etter team win

Apr 25, 2002
It was a win for the game against the anti-football version of it today. Yes, Chelsea got robbed, but it doesn't matter at all, the better team went through.

I just hope Man Utd won't cowardly park the bus as Chelsea did and will come out and play foot ball; they can do it; then we will have a spectacle, and let theb etter team win
I agree 100%. I understand the in Champions League it is a whole new ballgame, and after Chelsea went up 1-0 the careful thing to do is put men behind the ball, but my god. What a boring 180 minutes of football besides an Essien goal that literally shocked me (maybe as good as Zidane in 2002, youtube that if you haven't seen it, vs. Bayern Leverkussen) and the late winner by Iniesta.

The good thing about the CL set up is Man U won't really have a chance to "park the bus" because its only 1 leg. An away goal doesn't mean shit and you have to at least score once if you want to win. Barca is a great counterattacking team. They will have more space then they had in either of the Chelsea games and that will make it exciting. On the flip side, Barcelona has been HORRIBLE at coverage on set-pieces and I really hope it doesn't come down to that, especially late in the game, but that is part of soccer. Can't wait for the match