UCL

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 14, 2006
Real Madrid signed Javier Saviola.. from their rivals Fc Barcelona, last who did like this was Luis Figo and the reaction & behaviour was what it was.

http://soccernet-akamai.espn.go.com/news/story?id=425147&&cc=5739 said:
Real Madrid have agreed a deal to sign Argentine international Javier Saviola from arch-enemies Barcelona, according to reports in Spain.

Real president Ramon Calderon has set his sights on the 25-year-old forward and has a verbal agreement his agent, Marca reports.

El Conejo's contract with Barca expires June 30 and he would be free to join another club.

At the weekend Saviola said: 'I've still yet to receive an offer from the club [Barca] and therefore I have to think of my future, my happiness and what's best for me'.

'I have offers; some important ones, however, I'm not going to discuss them while I'm a player for FC Barcelona'.

The former River Plate man signed for Barcelona in a £20 million deal six years ago but been farmed out on loan, first to Monaco and then to Sevilla.

Los Blancos chief Calderon has made securing the signature of Saviola part of his summer project.

Real Mallorca and Juventus are believed to be amongst the clubs that have made 'offers'.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
Lamberto Quintero said:
Copa America Final: Brazil vs Argentina

I got Argentina, since Brazil has only one of their stars (Robinho) playing...

Mexico vs Uruguay for 3rd place as well.
Brazil B - Argentina A 3:0

One word - humiliation :cool:

Feb 14, 2006
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/6285040.stm said:
Liverpool complete Babel transfer
Liverpool have completed the signing of Ajax's Ryan Babel in an £11.5m deal.

The 20-year-old Dutch striker has agreed a five-year contract as Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez continues a major overhaul of his squad.

"I listened to them and I got a great feeling about the club," said Babel. "I have made my choice with my heart and the coach has big plans for me."

Yossi Benayoun, a reported £5m signing from West Ham, was also unveiled by Liverpool on Friday.

Babel admitted it was a tough decision to leave Ajax, where he made his debut aged 17 in 2004 and scored five goals in 27 Eredivisie matches last season.

He said: "I have met Rafael Benitez and my conversation with him was the moment I knew the deal would get done.

"He is like the ideal father-in-law. He has a lot of football know-how and he told me that I would be challenging with six other players for four positions. I have a good feeling about things.

"I met Dirk Kuyt at training, who I knew from the national team. At that moment he did not feel like a rival but I suppose that is what will happen.

"It was very important how the coach spoke to me, how I would fit in his team. After that conversation I knew it was the right decision."

Babel was a member of the Dutch team that won the European Under-21 Championship in June and he has been capped 14 times by the full Dutch team.

Liverpool manager Benitez has also signed forwards Fernando Torres and Andriy Voronin this summer.

Aug 24, 2002
TAKIN NO SHORTZ. I think he's still in Bayern . They looking strong. Still though, never really liked german clubs. I dont know why.
Good to see this topic still alive. Been a while since my last post. My team AIK play in the Uefacup tomorrow away against Glentoran from Belfast, Northern Ireland. Been a while since our last adventure in the european cups(2004 lost against Valencia in the Uefacup). Looking forward to this .

Feb 14, 2006
Any1 watch Brazlian league.. The tv channel broadcasts now for three weeks Brazlian league in here... Or the same channel does also have + channel that shows two matches every week until December or so, but that costs...

But they show now for three weeks also on this free channel, because Brazilia won copa america :classic:

I watched last night Gremio vs Flamengo, Quite different than Europe series, they played. Flamengo player showed his temperament and gave elbow to the Gremio player.. That same Flamengo player sent off from that trick...

Flamengo scored own goal from corner. and Gremio won by one goal..

The way Brazilian players keep ball, while moving forward is always nice to watch. Defenders from both teams made a lot of fouls, they tried to keep the ball in 16 box, instead of clearing it for long and safe...

Not much tackles either, the tackles that were shown, were all delayed...
Well can´t say much, that was just 1 single game... Ronaldinho played in Gremio in seasons 1998-2001. Gremio got Amoruso in their squad also right now, he was in the bench for whole match tho;

Feb 14, 2006
http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=365117 said:
Simão Driven By Atlético Ambition

Simão Sabrosa has revealed that the ambition that Atlético have was the key reason behind his decision to move from Benfica to El Calderón.

The Portuguese winger was presented by los Colchoneros on Friday after he completed a €30m transfer and is aiming high with his new team.

"I can promise that I am going to work very hard to help the club and take it back to the top, where it belongs" he said.

"Atlético should be among the top three clubs and winning trophies. I am going to do everything I can to make that possible.

"I like ambitious clubs and the project here is very exciting.

"This club has a great history and have won many things and the plan they have shown me is very good."

Atleti have already brought in Diego Forlám, Luís García, Raúl García, Cléber Santana, Diego Costa and Christian Abbiati this summer and Simão is impressed.

"They are also building a very strong squad to achieve those aims," he continued.

"I remember very well when Atlético were at the top and challenging for everything. That is why I am here.

"I do not know all the players here, only some of them, but we have time to prepare before the start of the season.

"This year we have to aim for the top, because the club deserves it."
Simao got big shoes to fill in replacíng of Fernando Torres.

Sep 11, 2005
i think simao could do even better than torres, torres to me was waaay overrated, i know he was hella young but i dont knwo, he never really made me wanna watch an atletico game....atleast simaos got maniche on the team though...

Feb 14, 2006
Atletico Madrid purchased Jose Antonio Reyes

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=448941&cc=5739 said:
Reyes gets wish in returning to Spain

Arsenal have confirmed striker Jose Antonio Reyes has joined Atletico Madrid for an undisclosed fee.

The Spain international's future has been the subject of speculation all summer after he made it clear he did not want to return to north London after a one-season loan at Real Madrid last year.

Lyon, Atletico and Real were all in the running for his signature but the Rojiblancos have managed to add Reyes to their other summer signings including Diego Forlan and Simao Sabrosa.

A statement on Atletico's official website reported Reyes has signed a four-year deal and will be unveiled at 10am on Tuesday.

The 23-year-old Spain forward will then join up with his new team-mates ahead of the pre-season Amsterdam tournament at the weekend.

Reyes spent last season on loan at Real Madrid, where he scored on the last day against Mallorca to help seal the win that brought the Primera Liga title back to the Bernabeu for the first time in four years.

Unhappy with the climate in England, Reyes wanted to return to Spain, but an agreement between Arsenal and Real could not be reached.

Reyes joined Arsenal from Sevilla in January 2004 and made a total of 110 appearances for the Gunners, scoring 23 goals.

Feb 14, 2006
UCL... We are near 2 qualify in2 Uefa Champions League.
After We went through Levski Sofia.. One more qualifying round where we will face Rosenborg.. Rosenborg has much experience in Champions League.
So this will be tough battle, but if we will play as good as against Levski Sofia and have luck on our side then anythin is possible.

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/fixturesresults/round=15103/match=301044/report=rp.html said:
Tampere Finish Off Levski

Tampere United of Finland will compete in the third and final qualifying round of the UEFA Champions League for the first time after completing 1-0 home and away victories against PFC Levski Sofia in the Bulgarian capital.

Niemi winner
Having reached the group stage last season, Levski were strongly fancied to eliminate a Tampere side whose two-legged success against San Marino's S.S. Murata in the previous round had been their first in the competition. Instead, Jari Niemi struck in the 40th minute at the Vasil Levski National Stadium to leave Levski needing three goals to advance, a feat they never looked like achieving. Tampere's reward is a likely tie against fellow Scandinavians Rosenborg BK, who defend a 3-1 lead at home to FC Astana on Wednesday.

Clinical finish
Levski started with Borislav Hristov in central defence following injuries to the captain Elin Topuzakov and Igor Tomašić, and the home side had the better of a quiet opening half-hour. Opportunities were created soon after, Hristo Yovov forcing Mikko Kavén into a save and Miroslav Ivanov fizzing a shot over, although when the goal came it went the way of Tampere. A quick free-kick found its way to Tomi Petrescu out on the right and the first-leg scorer whipped in a cross which Niemi collected near the penalty spot before beating goalkeeper Georgi Petkov with a clinical drive.

In-form Kavén
Home coach Stanimir Stoilov reacted immediately by replacing Hristov with the experienced, but not fully fit, Daniel Borimirov, and also brought on forward Ekundayo Jaiyeoba after half-time. The Nigerian almost made an immediate impact, forcing Kavén into a fine save before seeing a goal chalked out for offside. Kavén also denied Valeri Domovchiyski and Lucio Wagner, although Levski soon ran out of ideas as their European hopes ended for another year.

©uefa.com 1998-2007. All rights reserved.

Feb 14, 2006
Real Madrid Agree Terms With Robben

http://worldsoccer.about.com/b/a/000122.htm said:
Real Madrid Agree Terms With Robben
Chelsea's Dutch winger Arjen Robben has apparently ended speculation over his Chelsea future by agreeing personal terms with Spanish champions Real Madrid as a prelude to completing a £15m transfer to the Spanish capital.

Persistent injuries hampered Robben's Chelsea career last season and it was no secret that his father/agent was touting him to Europe's big clubs as this summer started, with Madrid always seeming to be their favoured destination.

Chelsea's denial that Robben was leaving as late as yesterday looks rather ridiculous now as it's apparent that negotiations had already been well advanced with Real Madrid and I do have to wonder how exactly this misinformation is supposed to help the selling club's cause. Surely it can't be to pacify supporters when the truth inevitably comes out soon after (the very next day in this case) and it does little to repair the shattered confidence most football fans have in the integrity of the Chelsea powerbrokers, namely Peter Kenyon in particular.

Chelsea may not feel the loss of Robben too badly in a playing sense as they have already signed French winger Florent Malouda from Lyon and are rumoured to be close to capturing Dutch U-20 star Royston Drenthe for more wing cover from Feyenoord.

Wednesday July 18, 2007

Aug 24, 2002
Unlucky TAKIN NO SHORTZ . Rosenborg is one of the most successful scandinavian clubs though. Have Finland ever had a team in Champions league? We wont have a team in this years Champions league either. Valencia - Elfsborg 3-0. Im happy for that. Cant stand Elfsborg anyway. We(AIK) will face Liepajas Metalurgs(never heard of them) in Latvia in the UEFA cup qualifiying round tonight. Should be a easy win.

Feb 14, 2006
Yeah we had HJK in 1998 in UCL, the same group consisted PSV Eindhoven, Kaiserslautern & Benfica. HJK didn´t go thru fnext stage from that group.

Koppinen scored the first goal, Finnish player made goal for Rosenborg, Tampere United were shocked and Rosenborg made their second goal in next minute. They lost a focus for a while, and in game´s like this, that just ain´t
acceptable. This gave a huge advantage for Rosenborg 2 away goals, so the game was pretty much over, Rosenborg made even later the 3rd goal..

So the 2nd match won´t turn into a thriller.

Another Finnish team played today in Uefa-cup qualification
against Blackburn Rovers. Blackburn controlled the match and scored one goal. To be honest Mypa didn´t have any chance against Blackburn, it was just a big defence battle. Santa Cruz made the Blackburn´s goal, who transfered just there, Blackburn had their best team with them except Benny Mc Carthy, who injured in the Premier League´s opening match last weekend.

Aug 24, 2002
TAKIN NO SHORTZ said:
Yeah we had HJK in 1998 in UCL, the same group consisted PSV Eindhoven, Kaiserslautern & Benfica. HJK didn´t go thru fnext stage from that group.

Koppinen scored the first goal, Finnish player made goal for Rosenborg, Tampere United were shocked and Rosenborg made their second goal in next minute. They lost a focus for a while, and in game´s like this, that just ain´t
acceptable. This gave a huge advantage for Rosenborg 2 away goals, so the game was pretty much over, Rosenborg made even later the 3rd goal..

So the 2nd match won´t turn into a thriller.

Another Finnish team played today in Uefa-cup qualification
against Blackburn Rovers. Blackburn controlled the match and scored one goal. To be honest Mypa didn´t have any chance against Blackburn, it was just a big defence battle. Santa Cruz made the Blackburn´s goal, who transfered just there, Blackburn had their best team with them except Benny Mc Carthy, who injured in the Premier League´s opening match last weekend.
In 1998! Same year as AIK Stockholm. We had Arsenal,Fiorentina and Barcelona :knockout: . Too Bad tampere fell at home. It would be good for scandinavian and northern Europe if Finland or Sweden had a team in this years UCL. Our leagues need better ranking. Now we can only hope we'll do better in the Uefa cup. If you get to the group stage in the UEFA cup nowadays youll have some quality teams . Bayern munich , Atletico Madrid , tottenham + all the teams that get knocked out from Champions league next week. One side in each game below will join the Uefa cup in next round. got some great teams here.
Lazio - Dinamo Bucuresti
Rangers - Crvena Zvezda
Benfica - København
Valencia - Elfsborg
Sevilla - AEK
Toulouse - Liverpool
Sarajevo - Dynamo Kyiv
Fenerbahçe - Anderlecht
Sparta - Arsenal
Zürich - Beşiktaş
BATE - FC Steaua
Tampere - Rosenborg
Spartak Moskva - Celtic
Bremen - Dinamo Zagreb
Salzburg - Shakhtar
Ajax - Slavia

Feb 14, 2006

On the weekend Romario got his own statue in Vasco Da Gama stadium, behind the goal he made his 1000th goal, that´s something really great, they made for him, have to preciate that !!!

Canal Plus Sport had some free weekend, you could watch Premier league from there.. It was nice to watch Premier League, after long time.
I watched Liverpool vs Chelsea > Chelsea had few players out of the game,
F. Torres made debut in Premier League and got his goal just after 15 minutes. Good start for him, the place where he scored needed some skills to get goal from there, so he should take all the honour from that goal.

Liverpool looked excellent, then Chelsea got their goal from penalty, that shouldn´t ever be given.

I watched on Saturday Man C. won Man United, Man United still stuck in the last places after three matches and 0-2-1.

Feb 14, 2006
This week was perfect for us in World Cup Qualifiers.
Finland won Kazakstan 2-1, Belgia won Serbia and Armenia played draw against Portugal, these results were welcome 2 us !! :cool:

Here´s clip of Cannavaro humiliated, that situation was bold played from Hungary players or even the whole match.