Top 5 nw rappers???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 7, 2004
Homie! You're contradicting yourself. Theres a few that are getting support because they worked their ass off for it. Yeah! Exactly! My point! Theres cat in the NW that worked their ass off too and still don't get no support from there own region.

"And the Northwest don't got no other market to work" Uh, Wrong! My nigga Cool Nutz is from the NW and he is in Europe right now with no major deal. Let's talk about Boom Bap Project constantly on tour in other regions. Let's talk about Grayskul or Dime Def who was in Texas performing.

"Phone calls and e-mails is all biz". Once again, exactly! All business, the key word here is business! That's why muthaphukaz get into the rap game....to be successful and the only way that is going to happen is thru handling your "business". It ain't just bay cats, any smart muthaphuka that has some business sense is about their money. It don't matter where their from.

Now you can try to convince me and say that the bay don't stick together. But I holler at a few well known cats in the bay. And the fact of the matter is, they have a support network that supports bay music. I hollered at cats who do write ups, reviews, distribution, interviews, radio play, promotions, etc. that will only support bay music or a project that features a bay artist.

So, it is what it is.

PEACE & BLESSINGS
WELL LET ME ASK YOU THIS HAVE YOU BEEN TO THE BAY? CAUSE YOU SEEM TO KNOW MORE THEN ME AND I BEEN OUT HEAR 4 YEARS GOING ON 5 MY DUDE. MY FAMILY IS FROM THE BAY I HAVE BEEN OUT HEAR OF AND ON ALL MY LIFE. ALL IM SAYING IS I SEE IT FIRST HAND WHAT'S GOING ON... IF YOU HAVEN'T BEEN OUT HEAR TO NETWORK OR ACTUALLY GRIND IT OUT IN THE BAY YOU REALLY DON'T HAVE NO ROOM TO SPEAK ON HOW BAY SHIT WORKS...

Apr 7, 2004
AND I ONLY HEARD OF TWO OF THOSE ARTIST YOU NAMED. I MENTIONED COOL NUTZ IN MY LAST POST. MY BAY FAM ARE THE ONES THAT PUT ME ON COOL NUTZ WHEN I WAS LIKE 14. I BEEN A FAN EVER SINCE. DIGS DIME HE IS LOCAL BUT HE'S ON THE RISE I BELIEVE HE HAS A CHANCE AT MAKING IT IF HE STICKS TO WHAT HE IS DOING. NOW AS FOR DOING SHOWS ELSE WHERE THATS COO. I'VE PERFORMED IN ATL,CHARLOTTE,THE BAY,SEATTLE,PORTLAND.. ETC IT REALLY DON'T MEAN SHIT IF YOUR PERFORMING TO HARD WOOD FLOORS...

DLee

Sicc OG
Oct 9, 2002
www.turfgrindaz.com
First and foremost, who in the bay music scene are you even affiliated with? Just cause you live in the bay don't mean you apart of the scene. I told you that I chop it up with DJs, promoters, managers and artists in the bay.

I can findout how offcial you really are. You sound like you sitting on the sidelines of the game. You on the bench trying to play. I checked out your myspace, you don't look official.

I haven't been to the bay. Yet, I am on a few Bay Area Mixtapes and Compilations. I am bringing E-40 to Everett with help from cats on the B.A.R.T. board. I'm out here networking tough. And as I said my group gets love from the bay. We featured on DJ Mark 7's "30 MIX BAY AREA MIX". We are also featured on Spark It Up's "No Sucka Compilation" out of East Palto. Our song "Bring U Dat" was featured on DJ J-Spin's Mixtapes. DJ J_Spin is the official DJ for Dem Hoodstaz. Just naming a few. Do your research on Turf Grindaz. Our album hasn't even been out for a full year.

Apr 7, 2004
First and foremost, who in the bay music scene are you even affiliated with? Just cause you live in the bay don't mean you apart of the scene. I told you that I chop it up with DJs, promoters, managers and artists in the bay.

I can findout how offcial you really are. You sound like you sitting on the sidelines of the game. You on the bench trying to play. I checked out your myspace, you don't look official.

I haven't been to the bay. Yet, I am on a few Bay Area Mixtapes and Compilations. I am bringing E-40 to Everett with help from cats on the B.A.R.T. board. I'm out here networking tough. And as I said my group gets love from the bay. We featured on DJ Mark 7's "30 MIX BAY AREA MIX". We are also featured on Spark It Up's "No Sucka Compilation" out of East Palto. Our song "Bring U Dat" was featured on DJ J-Spin's Mixtapes. DJ J_Spin is the official DJ for Dem Hoodstaz. Just naming a few. Do your research on Turf Grindaz. Our album hasn't even been out for a full year.
Ok thats all i wanted to know have u been out hear... Im far from a sideline nigga i gets cross country unlike most northwest artist. I actually get out of my scene and go see if it is what it is like how they say it is. I never been a home body and don't get comfortable with any scene cause i really feel like I can go any where. Thats just how I been to answer your question so no Im not a sideline cat. Do I fuck with bay cats yeah they buy my beats thats how I make a living. Do I go hang out and be all up under some artist from out hear ass like most northwest cats fuck no... Im my own man I got my own shit to do and goals Im trying to reach. DJ mark-7 knows my fam have I fucked with him no could I yes with one phone call. DJ spin is a big dj out hear congrats on getting on his mixtape. I never heard of the other dude and probably never will ever in this life time.

Apr 7, 2004
and you keep mentioning 40 like he just started rapping two years ago he has been on since 1992. He got on at a good time and hasn't let up since same with short.. If you fucking with pioneers there's nothing wrong with that my dude and bringing them up for shows is a good look for you cause there shows sale out,out there... And I don't research artist they should already have there shit on display for me to see. To be honest the only time I have heard of you cats is on siccness. When you promote on hear. I never seen you on any show bills when Im in town. Not to say you guys aren't grinding but if yall are out there like yall say you is how come I haven't bumped into yall or my people haven't neither. We buy dame near every cd of the streets if it's packaged and have yet to run across yours.... I haven't even scene a poster or flyer... I see Mr.Dog,strike&crusal,jay barz,moter mouth,sonny bonoho,nemma,avatar,outrageous,and few others in posters,flyers,and in traffic.. If I go to a show 9 times out of ten they are there.. performing or grinding.. or putting the shit on..

Apr 7, 2004
One last thing bro... I wouldn't worry about networking with your own scene before you reach else where or else its for a single you plan on pushing stupid heavy. When nobody was fucking wit atlanta they didn't go any where but home and look where it got them. The northwest needs a coalition of artist and groups to push a hard line together. Something like what d-sane had going on... We need another one of those

DLee

Sicc OG
Oct 9, 2002
www.turfgrindaz.com
Damn near every artist you mentioned knows me. And I be in the hood grinding. It ain't me. It's you. My shit is in stores, on Itunes, Amazon.com, CDbaby. I don't even promote on the siccness. I be in the streets, promoting and selling CDs. I've been in and out of my region, doing shows and getting paid.

My music has been featured on ESPN, and I constantly do shows in the Washington area. If you do not know me, you are new to the scene cuzz every cat in the town knows who I am. No bragging. You brought it up, so I am going to let it be known. I don't hang on nobodys coat tail. I do me and its working out lovely.

You want to know about my shows, you can checkout my turf grindaz page. We stay doing shows. And we got a loyal fanbase. Why do you think we keep doing shows and getting paid? Every artist you mentioned I respect and I seen they're hustle and grind in person and they respect mine as well.

And I am well aware of E-40's music and history. I don't even know why you brought that up.

Anyways, Keep doing you and I'm going to keep doing me.

PEACE & BLESSINGS

Apr 7, 2004
Damn near every artist you mentioned knows me. And I be in the hood grinding. It ain't me. It's you. My shit is in stores, on Itunes, Amazon.com, CDbaby. I don't even promote on the siccness. I be in the streets, promoting and selling CDs. I've been in and out of my region, doing shows and getting paid.

My music has been featured on ESPN, and I constantly do shows in the Washington area. If you do not know me, you are new to the scene cuzz every cat in the town knows who I am. No bragging. You brought it up, so I am going to let it be known. I don't hang on nobodys coat tail. I do me and its working out lovely.

You want to know about my shows, you can checkout my turf grindaz page. We stay doing shows. And we got a loyal fanbase. Why do you think we keep doing shows and getting paid? Every artist you mentioned I respect and I seen they're hustle and grind in person and they respect mine as well.

And I am well aware of E-40's music and history. I don't even know why you brought that up.

Anyways, Keep doing you and I'm going to keep doing me.

PEACE & BLESSINGS
IT COULD BE ME,YOU RIGHT LOL... YOU SAID SEARCH TURF GRINDAZ RIGHT? I SIMPLY SAID I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO IT SHOULD ALREADY BE ON DISPLAY. THOSE ARTIST I MENTIONED,I ALWAYS SEE THERE FLYERS,POSTERS,AND THINGS OF THAT NATURE.. AND YOU HAVE PROMOTED YOUR ALBUM ON SICCNESS WHEN IT FIRST CAME OUT. YOU ACT LIKE I SAID YOU DON'T PROMOTE YOUR SHIT AT ALL. IM JUST SAYING I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU WEATHER IT BE IN THE HUMAN FORM,FLYER,OR A POSTER. IT IS WHAT IT IS... YOU CAN TAKE THE INFORMATION I GAVE YOU AND KEEP IN IT IN MIND OR LEAVE IT ALONE BUT TRUST ME EVERYTHING I HAVE SAID IS REAL..

DLee

Sicc OG
Oct 9, 2002
www.turfgrindaz.com
That's my point My shit is on display. My shit is on display on Itunes, CDBaby.com, Amazon.com, Silver Platters, EasyStreet Records. There are over 15,000 websites that host my music and my shit is on ESPN "College Football Live" as well.

I am a street nigga. I am in the streets, promoting and selling my shit. You ain't seen! I can't be everywhere myself. My group's music is reaching the bay, Southern Cali and the South and the Midwest and I haven't been to those spots recently. So if you want to see me, you can see me in Wenatchee, Washington @ The Volcano on May 1st 2010, or @ the Chingo Bling show @ Club Broadway in Everett, Washington on June 3rd 2010 or The Rollerz Only Car Show downtown Renton, Washington on July 3rd 2010.

It iz what it iz.

Real talk.

Apr 7, 2004
IM NOT SAYING YOU NOT A STREET NIGGA.. NOT JUST YOU BUT I FEEL LIKE A LOT OF NORTHWEST ARTIST FOCUS TO MUCH ON TRYING TO GET A CALI APPROVAL. I KNOW WE ALL GREW UP ON CALI MUSIC BUT IT'S TIME TO LET THE KIDS GROW UP ON NORTHWEST MUSIC. MY WHOLE POINT OF EVEN POSTING IN THIS THREAD WAS JUST TO SAY THE BAY ISN'T WHAT WE MAKE IT OUT TO BE WHEN WE ON THE OUTSIDE LOOKING IN. ALL THAT OTHER SHIT CAME ABOUT CAUSE I THINK YOU GOT A OFFENDED..

Apr 7, 2004
ALSO IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHERE YOU TRYING TO TAKE YOUR MUSIC... IF CALI,OREGON,AND WASHINGTON IS ALL YOU PLAN ON CONQUERING DO YOU BY ALL MEANS. BUT ME MYSELF IM ON SOME NATIONWIDE SHIT MAYBE THATS WHY I FEEL THE WAY I FEEL. A BAY ARTIST COULDN'T HELP ME GET TO WHERE IM TRYING TO GO. NEITHER COULD A NORTHWEST ARTIST BUT IM FROM THE NORTHWEST SO I FUCK WITH MY PEOPLE TUFF. BE ON THE LOOK OUT FOR THAT HOLLYWOOD REJECTS(AKA M.G.C) "FRESHING(AIR PLANE FLY) SINGLE FEATURING KRUSAL PRODUCED BY WORLD TRADE. BY THE WAY IM LOCAL$TAR AKA THE COOFRESH BANDIT ONE HALF OF THE HOLLYWOOD REJECTS. WHICH IS ME AND VAMP FROM THE 2003 GROUP BLOOD BROTHERS. WE USED TO GO BY M.G.C BUT AFTER A FEW LOCK UPS AND DEATHS WE FELT IT WAS BEST TO CHANGED THE NAME. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO NETWORK GET AT ME. 1

DLee

Sicc OG
Oct 9, 2002
www.turfgrindaz.com
IM NOT SAYING YOU NOT A STREET NIGGA.. NOT JUST YOU BUT I FEEL LIKE A LOT OF NORTHWEST ARTIST FOCUS TO MUCH ON TRYING TO GET A CALI APPROVAL. I KNOW WE ALL GREW UP ON CALI MUSIC BUT IT'S TIME TO LET THE KIDS GROW UP ON NORTHWEST MUSIC. MY WHOLE POINT OF EVEN POSTING IN THIS THREAD WAS JUST TO SAY THE BAY ISN'T WHAT WE MAKE IT OUT TO BE WHEN WE ON THE OUTSIDE LOOKING IN. ALL THAT OTHER SHIT CAME ABOUT CAUSE I THINK YOU GOT A OFFENDED..
It's all good. I apologize if I offended you in anyway. I can be a lil hot headed in my debates. The thing is, my group is getting a lot of good feedback from the bay. So that is the region I really try to fuck with. However I am branching out to the midwest as well.

I go where the money and exposure takes me. There isn't a lot of money in Seattle. The market for rap is too flooded. I've been apart of the music scene since the 90s.

I wish you plenty of success and we will definately network and I would love to have your group perform at the car show if you are interested. I am interested in networking. But I only work with cats who are willing to work with me.

PEACE & BLESSINGS

DLee

Sicc OG
Oct 9, 2002
www.turfgrindaz.com
It's all good. I apologize if I offended you in anyway. I can be a lil hot headed in my debates. The thing is, my group is getting a lot of good feedback from the bay. So that is the region I really try to fuck with. However I am branching out to the midwest as well.

I go where the money and exposure takes me. There isn't a lot of money in Seattle. The market for rap is too flooded. I've been apart of the music scene since the 90s.

I wish you plenty of success and we will definately network and I would love to have your group perform at the car show if you are interested. I am interested in networking. But I only work with cats who are willing to work with me.

PEACE & BLESSINGS

Apr 7, 2004

PEACE & BLESSINGS
IT'S GOOD BRO... IM BE BACK OUT THERE ON THE FIRST FOR A FEW WEEKS SO IF YOU HAVE ANY SHOWS JUST PM ME OR HIT ME ON TWITTER AND ILL TRY TO SLIDE THREW. WHEN IS THE CAR SHOW?

Da Gu

Sicc OG
Apr 10, 2006
HAHA I LOVE A GOOD DEBATE!!

Gotta agree with what alot has been said on here.(would go back and quote alot of yall but that shit too time consuming).

I have my list of rappers but i think it's irrelevant cuz i have only heard a small handful of talented artists in the NW. But as far as grindin goes, I've seen the Turf Grindaz cd at Hastings here in Wenatchee waaaay before i even got to chop it up wit Cinatra or Ogee. Same wit Neema, who i first heard of at a Tech N9ne concert in SPOKANE back in 03 or so. I remember seein No Good Therapy and Dividenz out here in Wenatchee for the Apple Blossom Cruisin Nights, grindin their asses off sellin cds.

Ha shit, I had bumped in COLA without ever hearin of em and he was tryna get me 2 buy the "Hollow Point Lyrics" cd and I told him if he spit a dope freestyle i'd be sold. Ended up buyin 2 copies from him that night.

Also like Trmndus said, if someone shows interest in your music, what's the big problem to drive down to the post office and mail cds their way? Gotta give props to Local Star cuz he sent me 3 different joints thru the mail after i hit him up.

The talent has been here in the NW for a while but what alot of NW artists are lackin is business sense, grindin skills and to understand that "being a proffessional" isn't just a cool phrase to say.

Just my dos centavos.

DLee

Sicc OG
Oct 9, 2002
www.turfgrindaz.com
MY BAD I MENT MYSPACE
The Rollerz Only Car Show is in Renton, Washington on July 3rd 2010. I hope to see you there. I will post more info as the time gets closer.

But for real. I apologize for any disrespect or if I offended you. I am not a good debater and I try to support everybody's talent. You were trying to lace me with game.

I am a man and I can admit when I am wrong. I had to sit down and eat a whole thang of "Humble Pie".

PEACE & BLESSINGS

DLee

Sicc OG
Oct 9, 2002
www.turfgrindaz.com
HAHA I LOVE A GOOD DEBATE!!

Gotta agree with what alot has been said on here.(would go back and quote alot of yall but that shit too time consuming).

I have my list of rappers but i think it's irrelevant cuz i have only heard a small handful of talented artists in the NW. But as far as grindin goes, I've seen the Turf Grindaz cd at Hastings here in Wenatchee waaaay before i even got to chop it up wit Cinatra or Ogee. Same wit Neema, who i first heard of at a Tech N9ne concert in SPOKANE back in 03 or so. I remember seein No Good Therapy and Dividenz out here in Wenatchee for the Apple Blossom Cruisin Nights, grindin their asses off sellin cds.

Ha shit, I had bumped in COLA without ever hearin of em and he was tryna get me 2 buy the "Hollow Point Lyrics" cd and I told him if he spit a dope freestyle i'd be sold. Ended up buyin 2 copies from him that night.

Also like Trmndus said, if someone shows interest in your music, what's the big problem to drive down to the post office and mail cds their way? Gotta give props to Local Star cuz he sent me 3 different joints thru the mail after i hit him up.

The talent has been here in the NW for a while but what alot of NW artists are lackin is business sense, grindin skills and to understand that "being a proffessional" isn't just a cool phrase to say.

Just my dos centavos.
Thank you, Homie! You know you my folks. And I definately vouch for you. You my potna for life. I got you on whatever you need. GU is a real hustler and he is definately talented. You remind me a lot of me when it comes to this street shit. You got a big heart and you support your folks thru thick and thin. Niggaz like you need to be commended and praised. Real Talk.

PEACE & BLESSINGS

Apr 7, 2004
The Rollerz Only Car Show is in Renton, Washington on July 3rd 2010. I hope to see you there. I will post more info as the time gets closer.

But for real. I apologize for any disrespect or if I offended you. I am not a good debater and I try to support everybody's talent. You were trying to lace me with game.

I am a man and I can admit when I am wrong. I had to sit down and eat a whole thang of "Humble Pie".

PEACE & BLESSINGS
IT'S GOOD BRO.... I DIDN'T GET OFFENDED