Top 5 nw rappers???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 29, 2008
Shit it seems that most the people on this site is promoting their friends or family. Ain't really pushing actual tight rappers. Cats is buying CDs in the streets, I am the proof of that. My group is getting paid for shows, we get love from other regions, so thangz can happen if you have the total package.

Your album package has to be top notch, music has to be professional, lyrics on point, you got to have a mean sales rap to get muthaphukaz to check out your shit. And you have to have a real good stage presence and show performance.

PEACE & BLESSINGS
so true homey.. but after all, alot of us are bias. I was locked up with hypnotiq and shao.. they have always been tight IMO. Same with Brazy Ru.. but I posted up their tracks and people enjoy them.

You are on point with everything else.. too bad many are not.. and in some regions, street beefs keep shit from happening. Sacramento, LA and SD have HUGE TALENT.. I can play alot of tracks that would blow people away.. but shit will never be pushed on radio. But the truth is, that what hustlin in the streets is about. You go down to SD.. homies like Sonny Bo be in the streets pushin his albums and mixtapes... Top notch everything.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Shit it seems that most the people on this site is promoting their friends or family. Ain't really pushing actual tight rappers. Cats is buying CDs in the streets, I am the proof of that. My group is getting paid for shows, we get love from other regions, so thangz can happen if you have the total package.

Your album package has to be top notch, music has to be professional, lyrics on point, you got to have a mean sales rap to get muthaphukaz to check out your shit. And you have to have a real good stage presence and show performance.

PEACE & BLESSINGS
I'll be the first to admit that I only talk about my friends. Why? I'm honestly not into many others.

I can say, with the exception of you D Lee, that I've met everyone (more like 95%) who I think is tight.

I think I've met all the quality rappers, but again, all of this is based on individual opinion. And I'm the last person here looking for anyone to agree with me.

BD, Syko, Sleep 6, Byrdie, Pain, Zikafect, Illicit, RHS.....to me, those guys are the top rappers in Seattle...no order.

What I think is lame...is when people say "if you don't have so and so in yoru list you don' tknow good music." People feel the need to be right so frickin much they don't realize how ignorant they sound.

My point is tho, I guess I read into your post like you're saying there's something wrong with only pumpin up your folks/fam. Like just cause they're your fam/folks they aren't tight? "Ain't really pushing tight rappers."

Maybe I'm just the odd ball who happens to be friends with rappers who are tight. lol....

Anyway....this topic has been goin the same in the NW....rappers ain't gonna do nothin until they get a real sense of what SALES are about. If you don't have any kind of plan set our for marketing/advertising, you ain't doin much. And "i got some fliers and posters" DOES NOT COUNT! lol....

I rarely get on here anymore, and for good reason. IT'S ALWAYS THE SAME THREADS, AND SAME PEOPLE, WIHT THE SAME OLD ASS TIRED SORRY STORY.

The NW ain't doin what it could cause people are LAZY. They want to be a rapper but don't want to do what it takes to make it. Those people should all just get a day job and leave it open for people who are worth the support.

Jul 29, 2008
I'll be the first to admit that I only talk about my friends. Why? I'm honestly not into many others.

I can say, with the exception of you D Lee, that I've met everyone (more like 95%) who I think is tight.

I think I've met all the quality rappers, but again, all of this is based on individual opinion. And I'm the last person here looking for anyone to agree with me.

BD, Syko, Sleep 6, Byrdie, Pain, Zikafect, Illicit, RHS.....to me, those guys are the top rappers in Seattle...no order.

What I think is lame...is when people say "if you don't have so and so in yoru list you don' tknow good music." People feel the need to be right so frickin much they don't realize how ignorant they sound.

My point is tho, I guess I read into your post like you're saying there's something wrong with only pumpin up your folks/fam. Like just cause they're your fam/folks they aren't tight? "Ain't really pushing tight rappers."

Maybe I'm just the odd ball who happens to be friends with rappers who are tight. lol....

Anyway....this topic has been goin the same in the NW....rappers ain't gonna do nothin until they get a real sense of what SALES are about. If you don't have any kind of plan set our for marketing/advertising, you ain't doin much. And "i got some fliers and posters" DOES NOT COUNT! lol....

I rarely get on here anymore, and for good reason. IT'S ALWAYS THE SAME THREADS, AND SAME PEOPLE, WIHT THE SAME OLD ASS TIRED SORRY STORY.

The NW ain't doin what it could cause people are LAZY. They want to be a rapper but don't want to do what it takes to make it. Those people should all just get a day job and leave it open for people who are worth the support.
1000!!!

Mar 13, 2010

This drives me crazy, too. Didn't you know that if you aren't known on the Siccness you're nobody? lol...

On some serious shit, my dood Pain is gonna open some eyes. I call him "The Tightest Rapper No One Knows About". lol. As we get deeper into our album (group is Inkorporated and consists of me, Pain and Zicafekt) I'll be sure to post some tracks up for all to hear. I'm honestly more excited for folks to hear what my doods Zica and Pain got than to see the reaction to my own shit.

YEEEEEE!!!

Apr 7, 2004
This drives me crazy, too. Didn't you know that if you aren't known on the Siccness you're nobody? lol...

On some serious shit, my dood Pain is gonna open some eyes. I call him "The Tightest Rapper No One Knows About". lol. As we get deeper into our album (group is Inkorporated and consists of me, Pain and Zicafekt) I'll be sure to post some tracks up for all to hear. I'm honestly more excited for folks to hear what my doods Zica and Pain got than to see the reaction to my own shit.

YEEEEEE!!!
DO YOU HAVE A MYSPACE WITH SOME MUSIC UP WE COULD HEAR..

Apr 7, 2004
Not at the moment...kinda quit fuckin' with Myspace. Shit's garbage.

RHS posted a couple songs earlier in the thread, though...
IT'S GARBAGE? WHY? MYSPACE ISN'T GARBAGE IN MY OPINION. IT'S NOT SOMETHING YOU SHOULD SPEND YOUR WHOLE DAY ON BUT IF YOU CALL YOUR SELF A RAPPER MYSPACE IS STILL A HUGE PROMOTIONAL INTERNET TOOL. YOU HAVE TO DO MORE THEN PUT YOUR MUSIC UP THERE AND A PIC. YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO ACTUALLY TAKE A HOUR OUT OF YOUR DAY TO ADD PEOPLE AND LET THEM KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT MOVEMENT YOU HAVE. DO YOU HAVE A WEBSITE OR SOMETHING? TO BE HONEST I WILL BE LOST IF U SAY NO. NO DISRESPECT AT ALL... FOR EXAMPLE SAY YOU GET A DOPE AD BANNER MADE TO PROMOTE SOMETHING OF YOURS ON SICCNESS OR ANOTHER HIP-HOP WEBSITE. PEOPLE ARE GOING TO WANT TO CLICK IT TO HEAR YOUR MUSIC AND WHEN THEY DO IT'S GOING TO DIRECT THEM TO A BLANK SCREEN.

Mar 13, 2010
IT'S GARBAGE? WHY? MYSPACE ISN'T GARBAGE IN MY OPINION. IT'S NOT SOMETHING YOU SHOULD SPEND YOUR WHOLE DAY ON BUT IF YOU CALL YOUR SELF A RAPPER MYSPACE IS STILL A HUGE PROMOTIONAL INTERNET TOOL. YOU HAVE TO DO MORE THEN PUT YOUR MUSIC UP THERE AND A PIC. YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO ACTUALLY TAKE A HOUR OUT OF YOUR DAY TO ADD PEOPLE AND LET THEM KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT MOVEMENT YOU HAVE. DO YOU HAVE A WEBSITE OR SOMETHING? TO BE HONEST I WILL BE LOST IF U SAY NO. NO DISRESPECT AT ALL... FOR EXAMPLE SAY YOU GET A DOPE AD BANNER MADE TO PROMOTE SOMETHING OF YOURS ON SICCNESS OR ANOTHER HIP-HOP WEBSITE. PEOPLE ARE GOING TO WANT TO CLICK IT TO HEAR YOUR MUSIC AND WHEN THEY DO IT'S GOING TO DIRECT THEM TO A BLANK SCREEN.
That's my opinion. I don't dispute that it's a great promotional tool, but I'm not promoting anything at this point. I didn't come on here promoting myself, my dood RHS mentioned me and put some songs up. When it comes time to promote and get Myspace and a website crackin', then I'll do that....but I'm only joining in on the conversation in this thread because my dood brought me into it....

So, I guess you will be lost then....lol.

Apr 7, 2004
That's my opinion. I don't dispute that it's a great promotional tool, but I'm not promoting anything at this point. I didn't come on here promoting myself, my dood RHS mentioned me and put some songs up. When it comes time to promote and get Myspace and a website crackin', then I'll do that....but I'm only joining in on the conversation in this thread because my dood brought me into it....

So, I guess you will be lost then....lol.
THAT MAKES SENSE TO IF YOU DON'T HAVE NOTHING TO PROMOTE WHY HAVE ALL THAT SHIT...

DLee

Sicc OG
Oct 9, 2002
www.turfgrindaz.com

I am not saying that anybody is wrong for supporting they potnas. I think that is commendable and well needed. However there are more artists who are doing it bigger and better than most of the cats mentioned in this thread. They need to be supported in order for the NW to blowup. Nobody can say they support NW hip hop if they only support they're friends and family.

Really checkout the B.A.R.T. forum or the Southern Forum. or the Midwest Forum or the Southern Cali forum. We need to learn from those message boards. They support their own and they will support us if we are tight. I have gotten alot of connections thru this site. I am chopping it up with E-40's people via this site.

I'll lace y'all with game. There is no formula for success in the music game. I've seen cats with a lot of doe fail. I've seen cats with no doe succeed. I've seen cats with major talent go nowhere. I've seen cats with no talent blowup.

I will tell you what the key to success is.... Your mouthpiece and how well you know how to network.

PEACE & BLESSINGS

Apr 7, 2004
I am not saying that anybody is wrong for supporting they potnas. I think that is commendable and well needed. However there are more artists who are doing it bigger and better than most of the cats mentioned in this thread. They need to be supported in order for the NW to blowup. Nobody can say they support NW hip hop if they only support they're friends and family.

Really checkout the B.A.R.T. forum or the Southern Forum. or the Midwest Forum or the Southern Cali forum. We need to learn from those message boards. They support their own and they will support us if we are tight. I have gotten alot of connections thru this site. I am chopping it up with E-40's people via this site.

I'll lace y'all with game. There is no formula for success in the music game. I've seen cats with a lot of doe fail. I've seen cats with no doe succeed. I've seen cats with major talent go nowhere. I've seen cats with no talent blowup.

I will tell you what the key to success is.... Your mouthpiece and how well you know how to network.

PEACE & BLESSINGS
I CAN ONLY SPEAK ON THE BAY IN THIS MATTER AND NO THEY DON'T SUPPORT EACH OTHER. I LIVE IN THE BAY RIGHT NOW AND CAN TELL YOU THEY ARE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEMS THE NORTHWEST IS HAVING. OF COURSE CATS LIKE E-40,TOO SHORT,LIVE WIRE, AND FEW OTHERS GET SUPPORT BUT THATS BECAUSE THEY REALLY WORKED THEY ASS OF FOR IT. PLUS THEY HAVE MARKETS LIKE THE NORTHWEST AND MID-WEST THEY CAN WORK THEY MUSIC ALSO. THE NORTHWEST DON'T HAVE NO OTHER MARKET TO WORK. IM YET TO SEE A ARTIST OTHER THEN COOL NUTZ,151,AND SYKO ACTUALLY GET LOVE FROM THE BAY AND ACCEPTED COMING OUT THE NORTHWEST. MEANING THEY ACTUALLY COME OUT HEAR AND PEOPLE FUCK WITH THEM AND PEOPLE FUCK WITH THERE MUSIC IN THE BAY. PHONE CALLS,AND EMAILS IS ALL BIZ. BAY CATS ARE BOUT THERE MONEY AND WILL TALK THE HEELS OF A DONKY IF THERE HOOVS ARE WORTH MONEY MAN

DLee

Sicc OG
Oct 9, 2002
www.turfgrindaz.com
I CAN ONLY SPEAK ON THE BAY IN THIS MATTER AND NO THEY DON'T SUPPORT EACH OTHER. I LIVE IN THE BAY RIGHT NOW AND CAN TELL YOU THEY ARE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEMS THE NORTHWEST IS HAVING. OF COURSE CATS LIKE E-40,TOO SHORT,LIVE WIRE, AND FEW OTHERS GET SUPPORT BUT THATS BECAUSE THEY REALLY WORKED THEY ASS OF FOR IT. PLUS THEY HAVE MARKETS LIKE THE NORTHWEST AND MID-WEST THEY CAN WORK THEY MUSIC ALSO. THE NORTHWEST DON'T HAVE NO OTHER MARKET TO WORK. IM YET TO SEE A ARTIST OTHER THEN COOL NUTZ,151,AND SYKO ACTUALLY GET LOVE FROM THE BAY AND ACCEPTED COMING OUT THE NORTHWEST. MEANING THEY ACTUALLY COME OUT HEAR AND PEOPLE FUCK WITH THEM AND PEOPLE FUCK WITH THERE MUSIC IN THE BAY. PHONE CALLS,AND EMAILS IS ALL BIZ. BAY CATS ARE BOUT THERE MONEY AND WILL TALK THE HEELS OF A DONKY IF THERE HOOVS ARE WORTH MONEY MAN
Homie! You're contradicting yourself. Theres a few that are getting support because they worked their ass off for it. Yeah! Exactly! My point! Theres cat in the NW that worked their ass off too and still don't get no support from there own region.

"And the Northwest don't got no other market to work" Uh, Wrong! My nigga Cool Nutz is from the NW and he is in Europe right now with no major deal. Let's talk about Boom Bap Project constantly on tour in other regions. Let's talk about Grayskul or Dime Def who was in Texas performing.

"Phone calls and e-mails is all biz". Once again, exactly! All business, the key word here is business! That's why muthaphukaz get into the rap game....to be successful and the only way that is going to happen is thru handling your "business". It ain't just bay cats, any smart muthaphuka that has some business sense is about their money. It don't matter where their from.

Now you can try to convince me and say that the bay don't stick together. But I holler at a few well known cats in the bay. And the fact of the matter is, they have a support network that supports bay music. I hollered at cats who do write ups, reviews, distribution, interviews, radio play, promotions, etc. that will only support bay music or a project that features a bay artist.

So, it is what it is.

PEACE & BLESSINGS